340 or 408?

-

Where did I say my way is the only way?

Did you read the first page of this thread? If you do, stop writing checks for car parts and **** and pay a tutor to teach you to read.

The OP loves his 340. That hurts your feelings. He loves his 4.56’s. You hate that because you can’t use that gear on the street.

Go back and read what I said to him in my first post.

I’m going to type this very slow so maybe you can understand.

I will never build anything for myself with a 4 inch crank for ME.

I do it for customers after I tell them they’d do better with less stroke, but rather than listen to an engine builder, they listen to the internet because it’s never wrong.

You need counseling dude. Your reading comprehension is horrible and your passive aggressive nature shows you aren’t comfortable in your own skin.
Okay. I too ran 4.57’s behind a 340, it’s not a earth shattering idea. You’re the internet winner. Please carry on.

Have you ever sought counseling? I’m sure you’re an intelligent guy, you just think your way is the only way.

I do write checks for head porting and machine work, not for assembly. You apparently have the equipment to do it, congrats.

Nothing wrong with short stroke engines, I’ve built several. My 434 is 4.125” stroke, a tractor engine. LOL
If you have ported heads then you don't have a tractor engine. I believe Turk called 4 inch stroke engines with factory heads a tractor engine.
Do you have factory heads ?

My 470 would qualify as a tractor engine compared to even a 340 with x heads but that was my choice of building a street engine that changed directions.
Because of that I'll run 4.10 with a 31 inch tall tire.

If you have ported heads then you don't have a tractor engine. I believe Turk called 4 inch stroke engines with factory heads a tractor engine.
Do you have factory heads ?

He can’t read or he’d know thats what I said. And I say it all the time.

He wanted to stir **** and the mods let clowns like him do it.

If you just read the first page you can see what I said.

That’s how passive aggressive side. His feelings are hurt.

He can’t read or he’d know thats what I said. And I say it all the time.

He wanted to stir **** and the mods let clowns like him do it.

If you just read the first page you can see what I said.

That’s how passive aggressive side. His feelings are hurt.
That's how it seems to me as well, it's almost like the guy is holding some grudge

My 572 is a “super tractor” and I ran 5:57 gears and a 28-10 tire behind my 340. I wasn’t right in the head. Stock manicured rods too.

Currently B1 with nitrous pistons. I have another set of pistons cut for both Indy 440-1 heads and B1 heads. It ran 8.42@160mph with the Indy heads and those pistons.
I imagine a b1 is the equivalent of a ported factory big block head on a 572 lol
That's good stuff John

Currently B1 with nitrous pistons. I have another set of pistons cut for both Indy 440-1 heads and B1 heads. It ran 8.42@160mph with the Indy heads and those pistons.
Now I know why you leave it parked, it scares that **** out of your old ***. lol

-
Back