340 stockers

-
these are the guys with deep pockets that want these changes!! alum heads, after market lw disc brakes, alum radiators, lw racing seats. these changes push the little guy out! also dilutes stock eliminator.

I was using his car as a example. My point is these cars not close to stock. So I think we agree. Carry on.

Ray

these are the guys with deep pockets that want these changes!! alum heads, after market lw disc brakes, alum radiators, lw racing seats. these changes push the little guy out! also dilutes stock eliminator.

all and all its just a bracket race until you get the heads up races... anybody can win!

There is an 70 AARCuda out here that runs stock...D or E stock...he has a set of eddy aluminium heads on it...with T and D rockers....

yes...completely stock...LOL

There is an 70 AARCuda out here that runs stock...D or E stock...he has a set of eddy aluminium heads on it...with T and D rockers.... yes...completely stock...LOL

Nobody said completely stock...

Look at the top sportsman cars,super gas cars... Those cars are based. Off a car but there is absolutely NOTHING stock about them...

Stock eliminator cars don't have a tube chassis.. Don't have four link or rack an pinion steering.. Don't have a bunch of tin work.. Don't have $10,000 rear ends and $1,500 worth of electronics.., those cars are not stock

This is a stock eliminator cuda..runs 9:50s-9:80s

All steel.. Stock suspension,.. Steel engine parts, not back halved and all glass windows and full interior

Attachments

• image-1491237468.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 175
I bet the rear suspension on that Cuda is Cal-Tracs.....

This is a super gas cuda... All fiberglass.. Full tube chassis $10,000 rear end.. $1,500 worth of electronics, no interior...-all aluminum.. All lexan windows... Runs 8:90s-9:00s and 9:90 on the stop

Big difference huh...?? Stock eliminator cars are still VERY stock

Attachments

• image-2158095216.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 147
you know i was not born yesterday.....I am 62 years old...I have seen most of the stock cars come off the showroom floor....I know the difference between a Stocker and super gas car...and the Stockers are far from being stock...

dont need pictures of super gas cars...lol

you know i was not born yesterday.....I am 62 years old...I have seen most of the stock cars come off the showroom floor....I know the difference between a Stocker and super gas car...and the Stockers are far from being stock... dont need pictures of super gas cars...lol

Only using the super gas car as a example... You can't seem to expect a perfectly stock car to go down the quarter that fast all stock..., compared to all other NHRA race cars .. Stock eliminator is the most stock it gets .. We even race one and I'm telling you it's stock but not stock.. It's stock for a drag car that runs VERY good and a bunch under the index

I looked in NHRA stats . only heads allowed are894, 915, 596,051,587,974,308,576,302. all are iron heads!! the edelbrock heads are listed, S/S only 60767 casting. edelbrock states, S/S only use also. the foot notes in NHRA stats, didn't show alum heads for340 for stock. they are quite specific about casting numbers and allowed items. they showed alum heads for the hemi engines and some383/ .440 engines. this was for 1970 year.

I looked in NHRA stats . only heads allowed are894, 915, 596,051,587,974,308,576,302. all are iron heads!! the edelbrock heads are listed, S/S only 60767 casting. edelbrock states, S/S only use also. the foot notes in NHRA stats, didn't show alum heads for340 for stock. they are quite specific about casting numbers and allowed items. they showed alum heads for the hemi engines and some383/ .440 engines. this was for 1970 year.

Yep you are totally correct

-
Back