340 stockers

-
There is a lot stock about stock eliminators. YEAR CORRECT - Factory cast intakes, Factory carbs (like the TQ), Factory lift, Factory cast heads (some clean up allowed), Factory Block, Factory Stroke, sigh.....

There is a lot stock about stock eliminators. YEAR CORRECT - Factory cast intakes, Factory carbs (like the TQ), Factory lift, Factory cast heads (some clean up allowed), Factory Block, Factory Stroke, sigh.....

As they say...you only have to go as far as your ego requires.....

Some racers want to win class elimination and be the fastest in Class....that drives the cost of a Stocker....if you are happy getting beat in Class or losing any heads up runs during eliminations...

If you want to be fast in class....you seek out the engine builders who have demonstrated that they have the fast set up... and they are not your local machine shop.....as said...pick your parts and spend your money...

I know someone out here on the West coast that does heads for mopar stockers charges 3 grand to do a legal set of stocker heads ...that run fast...

Sure. Factory cast intakes, with acid etched runners so it is ported but doesnt look it. Factory carbs, depending on year and type depends on what needs to be done to flow more. Factory lift, with more duration. Factory cast heads, with valve jobs that reach the intake port opening. Factory block, lightened, bushed, etc. Factory stroke, indexed, lightened.... Again. I love Stock Eliminator. There is nothing stock about them.

T&D roller rockers.....Beehive springs....Stock?

I guy said he went cheap and bought Harland Sharpe

I sold a set of X heads to one of the stockers...for 300 bucks...and then he shipped them off for that expensive valve job....

and I gave him a 68 cast iron intake...

the stock forged crank goes to Southern Cal to be indexed...and stroked .015 as allowed and hard chrome comes back with a 500 bill....so do you want to run fast or not?...lol

I guess I'm not getting it....Of course the 340 demon going 10's isn't factory showroom stock. C'mon guyz, we all know that. But they ARE running factory components which many people that want to go fast start ditch'n. I mean, when someone wants a 10 second car, the 1st thing they do is ditch the TQ and intake. And they ditch the stock lift. Most ditch the heads. Most ditch the compression. Most ditch the weight. These guys are getting it done without ditch'n this stuff, but work'n with it. By the way, many stockers are staying competitive without putting 3k into heads alone....

block can be stock or a R block...which is not a stock block

heads need to be an approved casting number...

Crank is allowed to be index and stroked .015....

stock approved intake manifold for the year of the combo...and must use an approved carb for that year.....

all 340s came with 727...now they can use 904...
I think that ends the stock parts....

I dont think anybody is arguing that they arn't badass. Or that it isnt a cool class. We are just saying stock is stock, and stock eliminator is not stock.

I dont think anybody is arguing that they arn't badass. Or that it isnt a cool class. We are just saying stock is stock, and stock eliminator is not stock.

We run a stock eliminator class... And I can tell you this that we do not do any of the things your mentioning about the block or intake and stuff. .. There is a lot stock about theses hence "stock eliminator" .. we run LOW 11s in a 3,700lb 1972 cuda with a 340 ..

Really????? We thought those 10 second demons were stock, just like they left the factory.... Boy am I disappointed. :( Kidding man, but you stated the obvious
:)

My neighbor is s/s record holder from way back !!
I have seen his cranks , blocks , pistons, rods ect .
Far from stock !!
He spun his motors to 8,400 on cast crank 360's .

super stock equals $$$$$. plain and simple. not even close to what a stocker costs.
like I said, most guys throw parts , strokers and money, at theirs. yet bad mouth a guy that takes what is there and refines it to go fast within a set of paramaters. that takes thinking. most build $$ strokers and change parts, not much thinking there.

Not much that is stock on a stocker. NHRA has new parts approved to use. Some applications you can use eddy heads.

Ray

I remember days going through 200-300 connecting rods to find a good set of 8. Or rummaging 30 sets of heads to find a good pair of candidates.

Fun times :( bleck

Says nothing about aluminum heads in the rule book..... Heads must be the original casting number

Attachments

• image-2839960071.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 115
Look on the online. Several people are running them.

Ray

in some classes yes.. The whole point is that there is a lot stock about stock eliminator cars and there is also a lot not stock.. But they don't cost a fortune to build and aren't so complicated that you need a brain scientist to work on them... Now super stock.. that's another story ...

I am saying my buddies car is legal for G/SA and I/SA with the Edelbrock heads. 64 Dodge 383. He won class at Fontana few weeks ago with it.

Ray

I am saying my buddies car is legal for G/SA and I/SA with the Edelbrock heads. 64 Dodge 383. He won class at Fontana few weeks ago with it.

Ray

That is different also.. In this thread we are talking about 340 stockers.. not Big Blocks.. Big Block it is legal.. There are many people in Division 1 running 383s and 440s with the Edelbrock heads.. But you CAN NOT in small blocks.. We inquired about running them on our 340 stocker and NHRA said we couldn't do it and they had a reason for letting the big blocks run aluminum heads but they have not yet aloud the small blocks to..

On another note.. These stockers are getting less and less stock because NHRA is changing the rules cause of the people running these stock eliminator cars are asking for more ... Like this past year they made aluminum radiators legal.. More and more is going to be legal soon.. Right now there are a group of guys on classracer who are working on getting NHRA to legalize aftermarket strut rods as a safety concern.

-
Back