35 mph WOT power loss

-
I didnt see anything hitting. My daughter came out for a couple of minutes while I was under the car, ill check and make sure I dont see any spare tools or toys flopping around.

It was making the noise in park but not so much reverse.

I didnt see anything hitting. My daughter came out for a couple of minutes while I was under the car, ill check and make sure I dont see any spare tools or toys flopping around.

It was making the noise in park but not so much reverse.
That almost sounds like the band or something to do with it. When it applies the band the noise isn't as pronounced.

There could be an entire thread started regarding backyard torque references.

just snug
good and snug
pretty snug
just tight
pretty tight
pretty dang tight
pretty damn tight
really tight
good nuff for government work
prolly not gon' go anywhere
she ain't goin' nowhere

What did I miss? lol

Ain't mine
Ain't going nowhere
Put a cheater pipe on it
Keep going until I get tired
Cresent wrench tight
Go until the wrench slips

Have it for me. I'm just glad it wasn't something crazy! Better check them all while you're at it.

Yea, thinking back I was told to put some lock tight on them.... :rolleyes:

Now to to redo that adjustment back in and see if we can really break something.... :elmer:

I don't know man. Sounds like it wants an adjustment, but I can't say which way. I feel like it was looser the way you initially set it with the finger tight and one turn out. So maybe 1 and half out, but I'm probably wrong.

Tell me how the drum the band is a round turns in park.

Yea, thinking back I was told to put some lock tight on them.... :rolleyes:

Now to to redo that adjustment back in and see if we can really break something.... :elmer:

have you driven the car with the new band adjustment? Why "redo" it when you found what was making the noise?

have you driven the car with the new band adjustment? Why "redo" it when you found what was making the noise?

I loosened it back up thinking I did something wrong and caused the noise. So I'll set it back to where you told me to and take it for a drive.

Yall were worried that the noise was band related. In park,the drum isn't even turning. It couldn't make any noise.
Won't the front drum still turn in park? My initial though when he said it wasn't as pronounced in reverse was the band applied and the noise quivered, not that the rpm dropped due to a gear engagement.

Won't the front drum still turn in park? My initial though when he said it wasn't as pronounced in reverse was the band applied and the noise quivered, not that the rpm dropped due to a gear engagement.

Not to my knowledge.

I've built a few with help and helped build many. Man my Dad could build them like nobody's business. I try to use the knowledge he showed me to do all that I can.

I never did any of this stuff with my dad. Couple of friends for a couple small things. FABO for my daily questions about stuff I dont know exactly how to do.. Then Tony with the engine and trans in this car.... Hopefully he hasn't killed me by the time I want to learn how to put a stroker in my motor :elmer::rofl:

I never did any of this stuff with my dad. Couple of friends for a couple small things. FABO for my daily questions about stuff I dont know exactly how to do.. Then Tony with the engine and trans in this car.... Hopefully he hasn't killed me by the time I want to learn how to put a stroker in my motor :elmer::rofl:
My Dad was a mechanic. Owned his own business for many years and worked for Chrysler dealers before that. He was incredible to watch and listen to when diagnosing problems. I consider myself blessed to have been able to learn from him.

-
Back