4 door values? Am I missing something?

-

DusterKrazy

Reaction score
First off, let me say that I'm not hating on more doors. About a year or so ago, dad was considering swapping his one owner '73 Duster for a '70 Dart four door because it needed less work to make it road worthy. I tagged along to look at the Dart. The Dart had a terrible paint job and did need some detailing. It was an F3 green car with a 318.
He listed it at 90% restored...not hardly. He wanted the Duster and $2000. I really wanted to know where this guy was getting his meth or his weed from??

He stated that it was such a good deal because "four doors are worth just as much as two doors now!"

Really, so a '70 Satellite sedan is worth as much as a '70 GTX?? '70 340 Duster is worth as much as a '70 Valiant?? Really?? maybe I missed the boat here.

I have also noticed that some people are wanting stupid prices for four doors.
I have inquired about a few and was more than shocked.

What people want and what people get when they finally sell are far apart. My answer is the more doors have some value but not near the 2 door value.

Really, so a '70 Satellite sedan is worth as much as a '70 GTX?? '70 340 Duster is worth as much as a '70 Valiant?? Really?? maybe I missed the boat here.

THOSE are some really stupid comparisons don't you think? A 4 door and a gtx??? Compare a 70 318 four door satellite to a 70 318 two door satellite ... two door is still worth more but the difference is a lot less then your crazy *** example.

Same with using a 340 dusters and a four door dusters. Stupid comparisons man.

Gotta wonder what the hell you have been smoking with that post.

I have been looking for a four do0r for a get to work I have found some pretty cheap ones but the thing i have noticed is I can get a running driving four door for the price of a project two door. but a four door being the same value as a two door I dont see it either.

THOSE are some really stupid comparisons don't you think? A 4 door and a gtx??? Compare a 70 318 four door satellite to a 70 318 two door satellite ... two door is still worth more but the difference is a lot less then your crazy *** example.

I think maybe he was being sarcastic or using hyperbole.

Dude...you didn't have to be an a**hat. I had no idea that my sarcastic post offended you. I don't smoke and never have smoked; thank you very much.

Four door Duster?? where did I say that?? They must be rare because I have never seen one.

just called it as i saw it. maybe you should start smoking. :)

oh i meant 4 door valiant.. mistyped. my bad.

If you think the post is stupid joe, simply dont comment..simple as that...this is exactly how threads go right frickin' sideways...

Back to the op question...2 doors are becoming more and more scarce, so they figure 4 doors are worth more....its the same mentality that goes into buddy letting his project rot into the ground and refusing to sell it...

All things being equal a 2 door is still worth more than a 4 door, although the gap has been closing up a bit as the 2 door cars become less available to restore. Although since i have a 4 door for sale right now I may be a bit biased :)

Nearly everything in my '71 is new top to bottom other than paint and interior, and 9 out of 10 people would go around it to pay $500 more for a basketcase 2 door.

That doesn't bother me, but when men want to be considered cool they don't drive 4-doors so there's your answer.

The only old Mopar 4 door cars I can think of now that gets lots of bids on Ebay is the old Mopar cop cars.

People might ask big money for their 4 door cars but they don't get it.

They can make great rides thou.

Maybe years later on when the 4 door Chargers get old and if they sell still at high prices things will change--it be a long time off if ever

If you think the post is stupid joe, simply dont comment..simple as that...this is exactly how threads go right frickin' sideways...

Back to the op question...2 doors are becoming more and more scarce, so they figure 4 doors are worth more....its the same mentality that goes into buddy letting his project rot into the ground and refusing to sell it...

i said the comparison was stupid. a 4 door Satellite and a gtx?? come on man. you have to compare a 4 door Satellite to a 2 door Satellite with the same motors. same with the 340 duster to a 4 door valiant comparison. horrible examples. didn't you read what i wrote? obviously not..

I read it Joe, I know you didnt call him stupid...you said the comparisons
were. Either way as a "reader" I read it as sarcastic and insulting with your last comment. If it wasnt meant to be sarcastic and insulting my bad

I read it Joe, I know you didnt call him stupid...you said the comparisons
were. Either way as a "reader" I read it as sarcastic and insulting with your last comment. If it wasnt meant to be sarcastic and insulting my bad

i was bustin his balls for what he wrote..

First off, let me say that I'm not hating on more doors. About a year or so ago, dad was considering swapping his one owner '73 Duster for a '70 Dart four door because it needed less work to make it road worthy. I tagged along to look at the Dart. The Dart had a terrible paint job and did need some detailing. It was an F3 green car with a 318.
He listed it at 90% restored...not hardly. He wanted the Duster and $2000. I really wanted to know where this guy was getting his meth or his weed from??

He stated that it was such a good deal because "four doors are worth just as much as two doors now!"

I have also noticed that some people are wanting stupid prices for four doors.
I have inquired about a few and was more than shocked.

What people want and what people get when they finally sell are far apart. My answer is the more doors have some value but not near the 2 door value.

X2!
4 doors no matter condition in the mid west are worth $2500.00 MAX!!!
That is what all 3 of ours finally sold for the past year. You can find them cheaper but I sold driver/show cars, 3 of them. 67, 69, 75 Darts all for $2200.00 - $2500.00. The 69 recently went on CL here and the current owner still hadn't sold at $2900.00 yet after buying from us in spring for 2500.
That was all they sold for and all the market would bear. I started high and went lower each week till each one sold.
I've seen 2 doors lately here with no engines or trannys selling for up to $2000.00!
I got a 73 Duster roller no engine or tranny I would sell for $900.00!
(All in Cinti/Indy area)

Also wanted to add, I see abodyjoe is still being such a nice guy. He's on my ignore list but I see his fallout is hitting here.
Hey Joe, your more bad karma than you're worth. Why don't you take a break on FABO for while. Like a self imposed time out (not playing well with others). Do us all a favor!:angryfir: Why don't you go to moparts or somewhere else to spew your antisocial BS?

Good Luck DusterKrazy, don't let abodyjoe get to ya either!!

John.:coffee2:

I'm in the Northeast: I always look for 4 doors, they work for me. I've paid between $400 and $1600 for them. None of them have been nearly as nice as 64Dart170's past cars. I have noticed many people love that $5000 asking price, they don't sell. One guy on CL has had a 76 Valiant listed and re-listed for maybe a year and a half. He started at 5 now is down to $3500-still not going anywhere. Maybe a "museum" quality survivor with 10k on the clock would go high but I'm not interested in that.

The cool thing about 4 doors is they can still go as fast as 2 door cars. Most don't cause folks don't stick a 400 hp engine and 4.10 gears in a 4 door car but if they did watch out.

They might be even a little safer in a crash, side crashes for sure--but who cares about accidents, never going to happen, it always the other people who get hit the thinking goes.

I did see some old cop cars with bids of close to $10,000--these were real ex California squad cars with the 440 engine and no rust at all

I sure would take a 4 door over a 2 door Dart....if it is an A38 Dart. :coffee2:

That doesn't bother me, but when men want to be considered cool they don't drive 4-doors so there's your answer.

Huuummm, so I guess I'm not cool..... but I can tell you there isn't another street car in this county that draws the attention this 4 door does at shows or on the street.... :smilebox:

SDC11198.jpg

S73042622.jpg

This was another really nice A body 4 door that I saw in Myrtle Beach this spring. It was nice enough that I grabbed several pictures of it. Obviously I don't by the 4 doors aren't cool theme.....

SDC11499-1.jpg

SDC11498-1.jpg

no one said they can't be cool. the facts are they just don't bring the money like a 2 door does. to some that matters and to others it doesn't.

how could you not love this?? saw it at a north carolina show a couple years ago..

Attachments

• DSC_0576.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 264
  • DSC_0577.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 264
  • DSC_0581.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 263
  • DSC_0583.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 262
-
Back