4 door values? Am I missing something?

-
When looking for a daily driver four years back, I found that values for 4-door A-bodies was 1/3 to 1/2 of what I could get in the way of a 2-door in approximately the same condition. For someone to suggest that a 4-door A-body might go for the same money as a 2-door in the same condition IMHO is not supported by reality. Most people prefer the lines of the 2-door cars and production numbers support the scarcity issue that usually drive values.

I have a 73, /6, 4-door as my daily driver (when I'm not on the bike). The Dart (and 73 and later Valiant) 4-door sedans have a 3 inch longer wheelbase than the Duster/Demon/Dart Sports. All of the gain in wheelbase shows up in interior in the form of more rear seat room. No one has to crawl over a seat to get into it. It isn't as cool as my 72 Demon, but I'm more at ease driving it around. I've fixed the old girl up so that she doesn't embarrass me.

Attachments

• IMG_5046n.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_5050nr.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_5053n.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 94
And there is nothing really wrong with it.

Really a nice car, too bad they aren't still made. I would feel safer inside that car than many newer cars.

I would get rid of those ugly bumper guards. Today you don't bump cars while parking. Cars today aren't made to get hit, wimpy pos they are in a crash

2darts- I like that Dart, would sport that with prode
daliant- sure would

-
Back