4-speed Swap

-

67Plymouthbarracuda

Reaction score
I am looking at getting a used A833, it is a transmission only (no bellhousing, linkage, anything). Can someone list, or post a link to a list of everything i would need to swap it into a car that already has the three pedals (previous owner swapped to an auto)?

Just off the top of my head: pilot bushing or bearing, throw-out bearing, bellhousing, bellcrank, bellcrank mount, linkage, shifter, clutch fork, clutch disk, pressure plate, flywheel, and of course all related hardware. Depending on what your purpose of the vehicle is, you may want to consider a blow proof bellhousing and a steel flywheel, just in case you ever decide to bolt on some slicks and give it some track time. Of course, then we get into the conversation on what rear axle you currently have and whether you need to upgrade.

Just off the top of my head: pilot bushing or bearing, throw-out bearing, bellhousing, bellcrank, bellcrank mount, linkage, shifter, clutch fork, clutch disk, pressure plate, flywheel, and of course all related hardware. Depending on what your purpose of the vehicle is, you may want to consider a blow proof bellhousing and a steel flywheel, just in case you ever decide to bolt on some slicks and give it some track time. Of course, then we get into the conversation on what rear axle you currently have and whether you need to upgrade.
thank you! its an 8 3/4 so it should be fine for now

Actually - good for you !! That it was formally a 4-speed. I assume the 4-speed hump for the shifter(and shift rod clearance) is still in tact? The hole and bracing for the z-bar stud? i.e. all the fabrication is done

Actually - good for you !! That it was formally a 4-speed. I assume the 4-speed hump for the shifter(and shift rod clearance) is still in tact? The hole and bracing for the z-bar stud? i.e. all the fabrication is done
yes all of that is still done, just trying to get a parts list together to see if i can actually afford it

Cole, a four speed in that car will be so much fun. Great idea. I've got a few things more to do to mine, then the four speed rebuild begins for me. Can't wait to see you're progress.

Im planning on doing a 4 speed swap as well. I have a few parts but need to round up a few more before i start. Posting some pics of your project would be nice to see.

Im planning on doing a 4 speed swap as well. I have a few parts but need to round up a few more before i start. Posting some pics of your project would be nice to see.
I'm even further from starting than you are. I have no parts and have a big block that needs to be built before I start on a manual trans swap

-
Back