408 oil pan

-

victory

Reaction score
Just looking for options for oil pan on 408 small block for street use in 1969 dart.

Milodon road race oil pan. Holds 6 quarts, has baffles inside, oil temp sensor bung, and the pan sits above the k frame.

so why do you post this in the racers forum? small block tech would be better ;-))

I use the moroso 8 quart on my 408, see link and picture:

http://www.jegs.com/i/Moroso/710/20730/10002/-1

It´s ok for my application (stock ride height, 80 series front tires), it´s very deep below the k-member. It´s by far the deepest point there, if your ride is lowered not a good choice.

The milodon or kevko pans are better suited for lower cars or if you have to drive "rough" roads

Michael

Attachments

• fabo.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 506
so why do you post this in the racers forum? small block tech would be better ;-))

I use the moroso 8 quart on my 408, see link and picture:

http://www.jegs.com/i/Moroso/710/20730/10002/-1

It´s ok for my application (stock ride height, 80 series front tires), it´s very deep below the k-member. It´s by far the deepest point there, if your ride is lowered not a good choice.

The milodon or kevko pans are better suited for lower cars or if you have to drive "rough" roads

Michael

I had this pan on my dart, and did not like it one bit! Lots of oil capacity but I was paranoid I was going to hit it on something, and I did! It scraped going out of my driveway many times, and rough roads were worrisome. Its a good pan though, just got scratches on it.

I'm going with the Kevko pan on my 408 build. I told the wife that's what I wanted for Christmas this year. Fingers crossed!

Kevko_zpsab1c5e5b.gif

I added baffles to a stock pan. Had a Milodon 7qt but sold it rather than notch my k frame and decided it would worry me too much. If I ever need to swap again I will buy the Milodon Road Race pan.
In my opinion a low hanging extra capacity pan is a catch 22 on the street.

Kevko is nice. Just make sure to measure oil slowly. It actually only takes I believe 5.5 of qts in sump before oil comes out. There should be a link some where on here that has Brian from IMM testing this theory.

Pour the pan on a kevko and you'll see it will only hold 5 quarts in the pan...I run 6 quarts in my 408 with a kevko- 5 in the pan, the other half in the short filter and the other half in the rest of the motor. So far turning it to 7200rpm on nitrous I have had no problems with oil pressure, and LOTS of ground clearance on the street (**** roads here, and my car sits pretty damn low in the front...not into the mopar off road look)

Thanks guys for all the information.This is first time I have used forum and wasnt sure where to put it.Seems to work pretty good as I got the info I needed.Thanks again.

I'm also running a Kevoco on my 408. No complaints here.

Hey Brian I hope you find that big Kevco box under the tree. HA!

Ted

Another vote for the Kevco. Have one on my 408. The guys are right about it only holding 5 qts. in the pan (+ some for the filter) but it is a decent piece with good oil control, doesn't hang low like some, and clears everything good. I wouldn't use it in a race car (not enough capacity IMO) but I wouldn't hesitate to use one again in a street car.

I am also using the Kevko pan on this. It has a 394 ci with 340 block.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 371
Generic chrome pan...just not mr.gasket. It hits something..can't remember what as it wasn't on there long enough to investigate, off it came for another generic in my stash and that fit fine.

Another vote for the Milodon road race pan. Excellent ground clearance, genuine 7 quart system capacity, really good oil control... Have gone out on track, forgetting to turn on my accusump and NOT had the 25 Psi oil light come on anywhere on the Summit Point main circuit.

Dave :D

Attachments

• 2014 VRGTB 24 sml.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 325
-
Back