440 source sleath heads

-

RyanUpdike70

Reaction score
Looking for input on these planning on buying a pair to replace my stock 452s My 440 has 509 cam m1 intake 850 carb The car runs 7.50s i was wondering what kind of et difference this would out of th box. Also planning on running there 1.6 rockers

Not sure how much better they will be ? What I can say is that my brother has a set but he used different locks I think springs and retainers as well ? He has a 030 383 284/484 edelbrock rpm 4speed 3.55 in a 70 Road Runner and it pulls really well. I think the heads will work well for the money. It pulls way harder then it did with stock heads.

ya everyone says your need to replace the hardwear on the heads because they have problems with them

I don't know about what power gains you'll get but if you run them I would suggest changing to 10 degree locks and retainers and whatever springs your cam manufacturer suggests. If you have to run double springs you will have to change the valve stem seals too.
If you run 3/8" push rods you will have to grind on the intake push rod holes because the push rods will hit the heads.

They are a good head. As with all others - plan (and budget) to have them gone through by a competent performance shop, and plan to replace the springs, retainers, and locks. Also be aware that the chambers are 84cc - your 452 are much larger unless you had the heads milled. So your compression will go up too.

I've cc'd a few Stealth heads recently and the combustion chambers have all been 80-81 cc's.

I was just going to buy aerohead 452 heads from indy but thwy pretty much save for the ez.a i cant afford them so i will just go with the sleaths local performance shop uses them and seem like they have had good luck with them

The guy that we send our heads to up in challis, ID says they are great a little port work and they are better than indy 440ez heads by far. Haven't run them but he would swear by them. His current project is my dad's old school hemi heads, has them flowing just above 350 cfm.

The guy that we send our heads to up in challis, ID says they are great a little port work and they are better than indy 440ez heads by far. Haven't run them but he would swear by them. His current project is my dad's old school hemi heads, has them flowing just above 350 cfm.

Your dad's 331 hemi heads are flowing 359-362 cfm @ .700" lift.

OOTB Indy EZ flows on our bench are.

Send me a pair of Stealth heads and $700. You'll get the the pushrod openings for 1.6 rockers and 3/8 pushrods. Comp 10 degree retainers and locks, valve guides sized, valves back cut, valve job and heads that flow.

We can port Stealth heads to over 340 cfm.

A friend bought a pair a while back for his 8 sec. challenger, like stated, he had to have a shop go through and replace hardware and do a port job, but after that he said it was like day light at midnight.

I have a pair in a box, been sitting new for 3 years.
I called them up the other day about changing spring hardware and he said, "if you are running .550 - .575 lift, just bolt them on". If you are going more radical, change the keepers and retainers. The springs were, at time of purchase, rated for .600 lift.

Lots of folks recommend having them sonically checked prior to running.

I'm in the middle of building a stroker 383 for a customer, he wanted stealth heads, so we're doing port work and valve job to them.
Found a leaking seat that leaks from the chamber to the intake port! So watch them closely, and check EVERY seat/port/chamber!!

-
Back