46re

-
Yup I have that book.It's here somewhere lol.You're not wrong,that's a good book.Parts are almost inconsequential to make the swap.$99 for the housing and $60 for the shaft.

Hmmm have to amend that comment, my book is written by Carl H Monroe.Probably the same info or very close anyways.

I did the same, and got my 42RH out of a 2 wheel drive Dakota that was front end crashed.
Dropped the pan and it was super clean with bright red fluid.
One thing I see (or don’t see actually)
is no one ever mentioned needing to swap the cooler lines out for 3/8 since all the old TF 3 speeds had 5/16 lines.
I used 3/8 tubing with a non scuff coating called “Gator something”.
It is actually Semi truck air brake tubing.
Then NPT to 3/8 compression unions in the case and cooler.
Thanks for the heads up! Not a difficult thing to work around.

Did not buy it.Upon inspection,heavy burnt smell,loaded with fine metal filings.

Not sure if you are looking for this info but here is some of what I dug up. (Sorry dont have my all my notes in front of me)
The RE is actually a hydraulic transmission for 1-3 gears however where it differs from the RH is that it is set up with a solenoid to actuate the gear changes. The control solenoid is a low resistance 3.8-4.0 ohms @70*F. 12v powers the solenoid through terminal 1 and ecm controls ground through terminal 5. If no amperage or voltage are present it goes into limp mod and stays in one forward gear. If voltage is present 1amp = 0 psig, 0amps =max.
0mph = 0 gov psi= wire 4 + volts .66 = wire 5 - volts 8.30.
As mph increases solenoid presure needs to increase in Gov psi up to 60mph/60psi where I have read it no longer matters.
Terminal 2 is a 5volt supply voltage to trans case connector
Terminal 4 is Sensor output signal to ecm for feedback.
I have more info but not with me.
Hope this is helpful. If not sorry for the info dump.
OD and lockup work just like the RH. The bummer is trying to get the voltage and amperage to the transmission to get it to work right.

-
Back