5 spd. conversion thread

-

wracks71

Reaction score
since my trans puked the day before the Run Through the Hills auto-x,i am putting a tremec tko-600 5 spd in my car. i am thinking of doing a conversion thread while i am doing the swap to show what is involved. this will depend on interest of course before i waste my time. i'll have a hard enough time getting it done! lol!

Definitely interested in seeing that.

theres a post about doing it in the tech archives over on moparts, but another would definatly help others who are maybe thinking of doing it a different way

either way good luck man!

bear with me guys! i am waiting on the kit to get completed and been busy with concrete pouring and house projects!

update! i got a call today from keisler and they have eveything in except the pedals. i think i am going to wait until next week or so to pick it up since i will be out of town anyway. i'm so excited i may wet my pants!

:cheers:Just finished the install tonight.Had to make some modifactions to the tunnel.I put the motor and trans in as one unit and found out you cant remove the trans with the top of the cross member in place, so had to remove the whole thing. I will fab up a cross bar after i put in subframe connectors. going to have it towed to a frontend shop for a alinment tommoro cant wait to drive it . the people at Keilser are great to deal with. They sent me the wrong pressure plate by mistake thats how i found out i had to remove the top of the cross member. a big pain but i am glade now instead of sometime on the road.Everytime i called Keilser up they gave me all the info i needed and then some. O72D

cool! let us know how it works out. i should be picking up my kit friday if they have the pedals in!

I'd love to see this. I'm thinking about putting one in behind a big block when I get that in.

i am going tomorrow to pick up everything except the pedals! it will be a while before i actually start since i am doing a bunch of other stuff to the dash.see other thread.

not much going on with this yet! cold as hell and holidays,blah! i have been messing around a little with some things,mostly the dash. i got all the heater box out(pics) and undercoated a little of the floor. i have a couple other threads on here about my gauge cluster and the billit piece i made as a heater control panel delete deal. i have a few pieces at the powdercoater right now and hope to get those back this week.
i called kiesler today because they forgot to give me my patterns to cut the holes in the floor and the metal cover to weld in. so maybe that will be here by the end of the week. stay tuned!!

Nice! everytime i see one of those rocky mountain dashes i wish they were still in business...

I'm interested big time! I plan the same swap next year. I have a Duster too! Whooo Hooo!

-
Back