5 spd. conversion thread

-
member silverfish has a 5 speed in his maybe ask him? shows it in his photo gallery

i guess i am about to shut up and wrap this thing up! lol! i worked on wrapping some things up the last couple days. got the interior back in and fired her up! i put about 120 mi on her today. damn! what a difference! nothing like rolling through the gears in a musclecar! i was waiting to put the shifter boot on until i was sure i didn't have any problems,so i will get it in and get some pics. i still have to wire in the reverse lights and hook up the neutral start switch also,but she is done. any of you guys that are following this,spend the coin for the hyd. clutch! it is worth it,sooo smooth! i hope this thread has helped SOMEBODY and thanks for waiting on me to get it done! if anybody is around nashville the last weekend of may,we will be there trying to qualify for the optima ultimate street car challenge,nasville motor speedway.

Wracks-

This post has helped me tremendously!

I'm square in the middle of fitting my 5.7 hemi and Keisler TKO 600 into my duster - and I'm 1" off from the engine mounts to the tranny crossmember. I couldn't get the TTI engine mounts to drop in place with them mounted on the block, so I took them off the block and got the tranny in. I called both Keisler and TTI this morning to get direction, and got 2 different suggestions. BTW- for anyone who is wondering - the 5.7 hemi TTI mounts were made with a 727 attached to the motor - to ensure factory placement.

Having the tranny bolted up and the engine loose of the mounts should give me an accurate measurement of how much I need to take out of the crossmember. Did you mearsure your tranny output angle before cutting? What is an appropriate tranny output angle to try and achieve? I guess I'm wondering if I need to cut to raise the tail of the tranny while I'm cutting a piece out of the front.

imagezpy.jpg

image3ohq.jpg

image1kz.jpg

image2ye.jpg

Wracks-

I'm square in the middle of fitting my 5.7 hemi and Keisler TKO 600 into my duster - and I'm 1" off from the engine mounts to the tranny crossmember. I couldn't get the TTI engine mounts to drop in place with them mounted on the block, so I took them off the block and got the tranny in. I called both Keisler and TTI this morning to get direction, and got 2 different suggestions. BTW- for anyone who is wondering - the 5.7 hemi TTI mounts were made with a 727 attached to the motor - to ensure factory placement.

Having the tranny bolted up and the engine loose of the mounts should give me an accurate measurement of how much I need to take out of the crossmember. Did you mearsure your tranny output angle before cutting? What is an appropriate tranny output angle to try and achieve? I guess I'm wondering if I need to cut to raise the tail of the tranny while I'm cutting a piece out of the front.

imagezpy.jpg

image3ohq.jpg

image1kz.jpg

image2ye.jpg

lol! i didn't check any drive angle. my bad? lol! my car is lowered,and i figured,hell,the crossmember bolts on one way! screw it! i can't get under the basterd with it on the tires to see the angle hardly. if i had to i guess i can adjust it with my lowering blocks. i don't have any wierd vibration or anything. and i am glad this post helped out at least ONE person! keep us updated on your ride! i will go with a 5.7 hemi if i ever need another motor myself.

Nice work. Looks very familiar. Nicer looking hyd slave than mine.

Wracks-

imagezpy.jpg

image3ohq.jpg

image1kz.jpg

image2ye.jpg

keep us informed on the 5.7 swap! i am thinking of doing this down the road myself.

I am glad u took the time to post this build. I am kicking around putting in a 5 speed or building a nasty 904. I am a Stick guy so a 5 speed is my perfect choice but the cutting and welding to a 1 of 4 car, scares the hell out of me. What rear end gear are u using and what is the rpm at 75 mph ? Tire size would matter also.. Thanks

Did they indicate where they were getting the tremec trans from , since Keisler is not a tremec direct dealer anymore I am curious ? Maybe someone else?

-
Back