63 Dodge Dart, now let me see;)

-
Good luck with the storm. Went through one in Florida a couple years ago. No fun dealing with the aftermath.

Thanks guys;) We were wiped out during Harvey~ it took a couple years to regroup, get another home(which I love). Amazing amount of work!
you can see on my Triumph TR6, the level of the nasty water at the level of the tail lights. Luckily it didn't get into the dash of the triumph, that would have been a nightmare~
garage-flood.jpg

flood.jpg

recovery-mode.jpg

I was messing around with the exhaust manifold, I did take the intake apart from the exhaust as the assembly was apparently dropped and the mating surfaces were off. Anyway, I was speaking with Zach, or we touched on the subject of opening the exhaust up to say 2.25" If I open up the exit of the exhaust to at least match the exhaust gasket, the exhaust pipe is relatively tiny. I'm thinking to open the exhaust port to match the gasket, then remove the little remanent pipe, open that flange hole to accept a 2.25", weld on the piece of 2.25" exhaust pipe? Then when ready, the exhaust shop can weld the exhaust onto what I installed. How's that sound?;)

addendum: then I found the TTi exhaust, oh boy

Then discovered I don't have a timing tab on my cover! Why would someone remove that! grr

slant 6 exhaustd.jpg

slant 6 exhaustc.jpg

slant 6 exhaustb.jpg

slant 6 exhausta.jpg

slant 6 timing cover.jpg

slant 6 exhauste.PNG

TTI exhaust.jpg

Last edited:
I want to say DocMCg saved the day on the rear main oil seal retainer! ;) I'm so pleased!

In the meantime, the cam is sent off to Oregon cams, and thanks to Halfafish for the contact info and an immense amount of information;)

I had a little left over steel, so I made a stand for the block and drilled a couple holes to use an engine lift plate~
hm, headed out of town this weekend:( Just when I was getting back in the garage.
dne'

slant 6 engine perchb.jpg

slant 6 engine percha.jpg

slant 6 engine perch.jpg

-
Back