63 Dodge Dart, now let me see;)

-
unless you'll be tightening to a higher torque the stock bolts will be fine. even with stock bolts i usually add 5-10 lb's to most head bolts in iron blocks. it's not like you're adding boost after all.
neil.

Got a little bit painted, primed, painted. The color comes out lighter in the pics vs reality, guess it's the metallic. I may paint the engine bay matt black, meh, but there will be contrasting colors, like an aluminum valve cover in matt black, or not. The super six decal is just laying on the lid. The sage green metallic is a very pretty color and sprayed nicely over the ppg shopline primer. Should be an interesting engine bay;)

engine paintedk.jpg

engine paintedi.jpg

engine paintedg.jpg

engine paintedf.jpg

engine paintedc.jpg

engine paintedb.jpg

engine painteda.jpg

Just a couple more pics, just having a little fun, enjoying the moment;)

The carburetor which came with this Super Six is pretty nasty, but a question I pose is what carburetor do I run since the increase in compression(9:1). Or would just a stock carburetor suffice and rejet (something I hadn't played with).

engine paintedm.jpg

engine paintedl.jpg

super sixa.jpg

Your stock BBD should work just fine. Bumping the compression a bit isn't going to affect the carb. If you get into the rebuild and find out you need any missing or broken parts let me know. I have a box full of BBD cores that could donate to the cause.

That's a cool engine color, BTW. Did I mention I need to send ypu my car for a makeover?

Last edited:
Well heckfire, just bring it over and I'll fix ya up!

I know a little bit, but I just can't come up with what BBD means! :realcrazy:
BBD= double barrel carburetor
BBD= big block dope
:rofl:

Your stock BBD should work just fine. Bumping the compression a bit isn't going to affect the carb. If you get into the rebuild and find out you need any missing or broken parts let me know. I have a box full of BBD cores that could donate to the cause.

That's a cool engine color, BTW. Did I mention I need to send ypu my car for a makeover?

:lol:

Well heckfire, just bring it over and I'll fix ya up!

I know a little bit, but I just can't come up with what BBD means! :realcrazy:
BBD= double barrel carburetor
BBD= big block dope
:rofl:

:lol:
Well BBD is Carter's shorthand for their 2-barrel carb. A BBS is their 1-barrel. I think there is a better explanation but it is eluding me at the moment. CRS at its finest!

That is a darned good answer! Well, I don't need it right now, but I see there's a bunch of carburetors on ebay. I heard/read that the choke rod which comes from the exhaust manifold isn't very good and that an electric choke would be better~ meh, we'll get to that much later;)

found this:

Last edited:
Thank you;) On ebay, there are quite a few carburetors~ so I can put my mind at ease and buy one later;)

-
Back