63 Dodge Dart, now let me see;)

-
lol, you're funny;) Funny is good;) hm, no wood, but I have a cushy moving blanket, no deck lid latch, so he'll just have to hold it down while I check and mark. hm, just going to go put tools away, and clean up~ I do like organization, or say, less messy, varies from day to day~ lol

You go girl !! :) That looks great. Do you have a semi small piece of plywood laying around? If you do, lay it over the spare tire well before you crawl in there with the trunk lid shut to mark your hinge supports before welding them. Having a flat place to lay and wiggle around on beats the heck out of fighting that tire hole! Just in case your husband won't unlatch the trunk to let you back out, you can lay a screwdriver in the trunk to twist the latch with...lol. My veterinarian once told me to lock my wife and dog in a car trunk for an hour, and watch which one was glad to see me when I let them out! So far, I ain't been brave enough to test his theory!

:rofl:

The shifter hump as arrived;) I was getting a little worried, but usps came through~ Marc (bb66cuda)(did a great job packaging, now a little trimmin and all will be GREAT! ;)

shifter hump Marc.jpg

when i swapped to 4 speed in my 68 valiant i fitted small nutserts to the original floor and tunnel around the new hole. that way i could bolt the 4 speed hump in place which with it removed made installing to shifter rods much much easier. just something to consider before you weld yours in place for good.
neil.

when i swapped to 4 speed in my 68 valiant i fitted small nutserts to the original floor and tunnel around the new hole. that way i could bolt the 4 speed hump in place which with it removed made installing to shifter rods much much easier. just something to consider before you weld yours in place for good.
neil.
Neil, I like your idea!! On my triumph tr6 ,for the trans tunnel, I welded in 1/4 weldable nuts, nutserts sounds easier;) Do you buy those as a kit, like rivets?

here's what it looks like and the superb access a removeable panel allows you.
neil.

Thank you Neil! You answered my questions which are in my brain! ;) Do I just cut the hole/access, then put the transmission/shifter up through the hole to make sure the shifter is centered to the hump? I don't have a shifter yet:( guess I'll put out a wanted shifter post now.

1726784282844.jpeg

-
Back