63 Dodge Dart, now let me see;)

-
Neil, I like your idea!! On my triumph tr6 ,for the trans tunnel, I welded in 1/4 weldable nuts, nutserts sounds easier;) Do you buy those as a kit, like rivets?
They are called Riv-nuts.
You can install them using a bolt and washers. No need to use the expensive tool.

McMaster-Carr

Now that I see your pics, I realized that I remembered it wrong. I thought it was passenger side top bolt, but it was the top drivers side one. On some car, I remember a half moon type clearance notch in the floor pan/firewall pinch weld right about where that bolt would be. It's a later A body or an E body more than likely, or maybe all cars after a certain point of dealer mechanics griping about no room to get to the bolt...lol.

On the shifter linkage, the 1-2 & 3-4 levers go above the torsion bar crossmember, and the R lever with the dog leg in it goes underneath it. The factory left the floor pan metal on top of the crossmember just like you did.

:thumbsup:

re the selector rods the lower rod goes under the crossmember while the other 2 go above it in the new 'void' created by the new hump.
neil.
1727040563956.png

ok, switched gears a little, too hot for me to work where the Dart is, so playing in my air conditioned garage;)
I've cleaned up the side plate on my A833, put new o-rings on 1/2, 3/4, but the reverse lever, do I have to pull the tail housing off to get the reverse o-ring?

I've had this motorcycle stand seems like forever, works well for what I'm using it for.
A833 stuffb.jpg

So, the question was/is, to replace o-ring, does the tailshaft have to come off?
A833 stuffa.jpg

Blasted these, but won't be using this shifter plate.
A833 stuff.jpg

I put a thread on the A833 in the transmission section;)

-
Back