63 Dodge Dart, now let me see;)

-
Neil, I like your idea!! On my triumph tr6 ,for the trans tunnel, I welded in 1/4 weldable nuts, nutserts sounds easier;) Do you buy those as a kit, like rivets?
They are called Riv-nuts.
You can install them using a bolt and washers. No need to use the expensive tool.

McMaster-Carr

Now that I see your pics, I realized that I remembered it wrong. I thought it was passenger side top bolt, but it was the top drivers side one. On some car, I remember a half moon type clearance notch in the floor pan/firewall pinch weld right about where that bolt would be. It's a later A body or an E body more than likely, or maybe all cars after a certain point of dealer mechanics griping about no room to get to the bolt...lol.

On the shifter linkage, the 1-2 & 3-4 levers go above the torsion bar crossmember, and the R lever with the dog leg in it goes underneath it. The factory left the floor pan metal on top of the crossmember just like you did.

:thumbsup:

re the selector rods the lower rod goes under the crossmember while the other 2 go above it in the new 'void' created by the new hump.
neil.
1727040563956.png

ok, switched gears a little, too hot for me to work where the Dart is, so playing in my air conditioned garage;)
I've cleaned up the side plate on my A833, put new o-rings on 1/2, 3/4, but the reverse lever, do I have to pull the tail housing off to get the reverse o-ring?

I've had this motorcycle stand seems like forever, works well for what I'm using it for.
A833 stuffb.jpg

So, the question was/is, to replace o-ring, does the tailshaft have to come off?
A833 stuffa.jpg

Blasted these, but won't be using this shifter plate.
A833 stuff.jpg

I put a thread on the A833 in the transmission section;)

Actually I'm glad to be tearing down my A833 for the 'overhaul'. I do want this 63 super Dart to be squeaky clean including the A833. So Jeff Alder recommended the zinc coating which I just ordered then yesterday soaked the housing in hot soapy water to remove the oil n dirt, then I'll media blast, then re-soak to remove the media/dust. Should look pristine when done. Though no one(but you guys) will have seen it;)

A833 washed.jpg

Actually I'm glad to be tearing down my A833 for the 'overhaul'. I do want this 63 super Dart to be squeaky clean including the A833. So Jeff Alder recommended the zinc coating which I just ordered then yesterday soaked the housing in hot soapy water to remove the oil n dirt, then I'll media blast, then re-soak to remove the media/dust. Should look pristine when done. Though no one(but you guys) will have seen it;)

[/URL]
that prep work you are doing will make all the difference in the world...The media blast and final rinse should give you the proper base for the zinc coating. It will give you a very clean but rough cast look when you are done.

I knew the parts would flash rust after washing~ cast just does that:( However, a product from Eastwood called afterweld with phosphoric acid/zinc remedies this phenomenon, I buy it by the gallon. The zinc stuff recommended by Jeff Alder should be here soon and these parts should look brand new! Just need to really blow the heck out of em despite having rewashed all these parts. Oh, just thought I'd weigh the parts for "useless" information;)
me

Gee, I've only 177 messages!

Of all the projects I've done, I find myself always getting excited about the smallest things;)
bezel.jpg

A833 case ready afterweld.jpg

A833 weight partse.jpg

A833 weight partsd.jpg

A833 weight partsc.jpg

A833 weight partsa.jpg

A833 weight parts.jpg

A833 case ready.jpg

Darn, I'm an idiot, someone messaged me about a clutch/brake swingarm for sale. My messages were full and I couldn't reply, and I erased all my incoming messages~ I didn't get to say Thank you~ very sad. The persons name started with Red, and a search reveals there are many members with Red in their name. I just wanted to say that I have the clutch/swingarm already, not nearly as pretty as the one the person sent and I will be going with the hydraulic clutch.

it's in the pile somewhere~ lol

dart in primerb.jpg

Last edited:
Darn, I'm an idiot, someone messaged me about a clutch/brake swingarm for sale. My messages were full and I couldn't reply, and I erased all my incoming messages~ I didn't get to say Thank you~ very sad. The persons name started with Red, and a search reveals there are many members with Red in their name. I just wanted to say that I have the clutch/swingarm already, not nearly as pretty as the one the person sent and I will be going with the hydraulic clutch.

it's in the pile somewhere~ lol

View attachment 1716307854
no problem it was me...LOL That's my wife RED0058...That was just an example of the zinc finish. Keep up the good work

IN the meanwhile, I do have other things going on;) During our last hurricane Beryle~ knocked down 140' of our picket fence and we get to replace it as fence companies want like 10k to replace, so we're going to do it ourselves. I bought this "Forklift" attachment for our 1976 Ford Tractor(was my daddy's). I can haul pickets, 4/4s, 2x4's ect. Heavier than expected, bought off of ebay for 200bucks;) Kind of excited to get busy restoring our fence;)

tractor forklifta.jpg

tractor forklift.jpg

IN the meanwhile, I do have other things going on;) During our last hurricane Beryle~ knocked down 140' of our picket fence and we get to replace it as fence companies want like 10k to replace, so we're going to do it ourselves. I bought this "Forklift" attachment for our 1976 Ford Tractor(was my daddy's). I can haul pickets, 4/4s, 2x4's ect. Heavier than expected, bought off of ebay for 200bucks;) Kind of excited to get busy restoring our fence;)

View attachment 1716308667

View attachment 1716308668
That fork-lift attachment is pretty neat, will it go down clear to the ground?
I use the crap out of my tractor for lifting stuff with the bucket on the front.

Just got back with my engine~ I was hoping they were going to install the pistons, but I can do it. Flywheel turned with the starter ring. camshaft from Oregon cams/lifters, new valve springs to match the cam, .40 over new pistons, :)9:1 compression(thereabouts), bronze valve guides/valve job. Hot tanked/ magnaflux. He says I may need new pushrods, but to let him know if I do.
I have to make dinner now;)

I need a gasket set, any idea of a good brand? and oil pump.

engine rebuildh.jpg

engine rebuildg.jpg

engine rebuildf.jpg

engine rebuilde.jpg

engine rebuildd.jpg

engine rebuildb.jpg

engine rebuilda.jpg

Engine rebuild.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back