67 Barracuda Door/Window Question

-

DallasMan2000

Reaction score
My 67 Barracuda windows all need work.

I suspect that the doors are actually from a 1969 Barracuda for the reasons below:
1. The door panels look like a 1969 design - pic below
2. There is a hole in the interior under the window vent - pic below.
3. When I sanded down the drivers door for painting I could see that the door lock was previously near the center of the door. It had been welded over and ground down, then the lock was moved to the back of the window.

You can see from the 2nd pic below that the rubber window trim on the driver’s side is spilt. The passenger side is about the same. The rear windows are stuck in the up position and the front windows need a little help while rolling up and down.

Anyone know what parts I need to buy and where to get them? Also does it matter what year the doors are?

I am happy with the current door locks. This project will be just for getting the windows rolling up and down properly with good rubber trim.

Thanks in advance for your help.

IMG_6853.jpeg

IMG_6854.jpeg

Also, I recently ordered new 67 Barracuda arm rest bases from Classic and they fit perfectly. I just followed up with an order for the black vinyl covered arm rest pads - these are 67 also and I hope they will fit.

My 67 door panels for front and back are on back order. Hoping these fit too. The door thing is a bit of a mystery. I’m not hung up on the design, but the rear door panels are in really bad shape.

I guess while I am at it will ask if anyone know where to get a cover for the hole under the drivers side wing vent.

Pretty much any hardware stores will have a plastic plug that will fit.

If you want to make it look oe 67 you could get screw that looks correct and glue it to the plug

The 67 base looks like this.
1722261793958.png

And takes a flat pad. Th ones on your door is 68 and up.

The inside structure is different for all 3 years. I went through this with moparmatt2000 when he was buying some 69!door parts from me. I cut out the entire inner structure for him because of the difference. He can tell you the difference of every door, and how it relates to certain problems that may arise.

I guess while I am at it will ask if anyone know where to get a cover for the hole under the drivers side wing vent.
I've owned my 67 since 1986 and it has always had a screw in that hole (both sides). No plastic plug. As far as I know, that is the original 67 setup.

1722356666345.jpeg

I've owned my 67 since 1986 and it has always had a screw in that hole (both sides). No plastic plug. As far as I know, that is the original 67 setup
67 uses a screw as your photo shows.

68 up uses an internal screw that is behind the plastic plug

I have 2 67s and an extra 67 door.

No vents on any of them
Interesting. I have two extra 67 Barracuda doors and both have vents at the bottom. Also used to have a 67 parts car and its doors also had the vents. Plus, of course, my 67 Barracuda driver. So I figured they all had them.

Just when you think you know something as a fact after several decades, turns out that it may not be as universally true as you thought. :realcrazy:

Interesting. I have two extra 67 Barracuda doors and both have vents at the bottom. Also used to have a 67 parts car and its doors also had the vents. Plus, of course, my 67 Barracuda driver. So I figured they all had them
Maybe it was a Plymouth thing.

(I edited my post to include Dart)

Here are some better pics of the doors. The lack of vents must mean they are definitely not 67s. So if they are 69s, is there a good place to buy the parts to get the windows operating and looking like new?

IMG_6873.jpeg

IMG_6872.jpeg

I believe all 3 years require their year specific guts? Including door latches. You should take a door card off to see what's going on.

Has anybody tried these types of kits? I assume it is for the back windows. Was thinking maybe I could pull out the roller tracks and sand blast / recoat them, then grease up and put all new rollers in. Also, replace the side rubber while the window is out.

Thoughts?

IMG_6835.png

Not sure I know what a door card is 4spd. I have pulled the door panels off several times but will certainly do again if it helps.

Yes sorry door cards=door panels. After having to remove mine a few times I wisened up and put velcro on them for easier removal.
Not sure I know what a door card is 4spd. I have pulled the door panels off several times but will certainly do again if it helps.

What would I be looking for once the panel is off? Are you thinking maybe I just pull the panel, remove the window, and pull out the guts for evaluation?

Thats the problem with these old cars, they have been rigged and re-rigged you can't tell whats right and whats not. The 2 barracudas I just parted out one 67 & one 68 is just a mix of mostly 67 , by the way all four 67 doors have the lower vents.

Here is a picture of a rear panel. Guessing this does not help anything. None of these barracudas have arm rests for the rear seats, correct?

IMG_6876.jpeg

-
Back