67 Dart BOOSTED

-

forcedfedmopar

Reaction score
Hello all, I just want to start a tread to keep track of my progress and look for input as well as share my ideas and work.

I bought my 67 Dart from a small town in southern nebraska in the fall of 2011. It was in the process of being restored when the owner fell upon hard times and was forced to sell. Prior to selling the car he had completely disassembled the car and stored it in a loft of a body shop.

Thats where i got the car. We (dad and i) had to wait nearly 45 minutes for the loader from the lumber yard to come take it down from the loft! After an exciting loading process and short 3hour trip we were home with this.

0924111330.jpg

downsized950924111330a.jpg

After several hours shifting throught cups, boxes, and rat turds we got it looking like this.

downsized950924111428.jpg

0924111704.jpg

After a few weeks i rounded up enough suspension components to get it to roller status where it has remained since the winter of 2011-2012.

108_2136.jpg

108_2137.jpg

While the car has been sitting i have been collecting parts. The goals for the car are to remain close to stock appearing, 20+mpg, Easy to drive for the wife, run basement 10s eventually.

How on earth will i do that?

Well, one simple way to get the power required to go that fast is forced induction. And it needs to be turn key reliable, no pumping the pedal to start, no feathering to keep it running. Simple soulution. Fuel injection. That will also help take care of that MPG requirement. So, Small block, turbo, fuel injection, and 3:50 gear set should get me where i want to go.

Now, if i dont quite hit all my goals i wont be upset, but i would like to make a good attempt at them!

-thanks

So far i have sourced a Dana 60 with 3:54posi, small block, a few 904s, Dynamic 9.5 4200 stall converter, wiring, computer, cam shafts, piping, super stock springs, front disc brakes and other misc things.

0514121208.jpg

After i get my current 2 cars done and ready for next season the dart will start to get some more love in the form of moving the rear wheel well inner in, relocating spring perches, narrowing the Dana, rebuild the rest of the suspension and rebuild the braking system.

What a Mess!!! looking good so far, I love 67's Keep the PICS coming...

JOE

Looks like you have your work cut out for a while. Good luck with the project and keep the updates coming.

What a Mess!!! looking good so far, I love 67's Keep the PICS coming...

JOE

Its not THAT bad. The car has minimal rust and straight. The mechanical work is the fun part. I dont care much for body work. I have been slowly cleaning the front control arms. Ill be picking up a cheap stove and powder coating kit to do all mounts, control arms ect.

Cool car. Keep the updates coming!

Will do! It wont be anything close to what your monster is but i hope i reach my goals with it! Your car is one of the cars i lurked on before joining the forum. Your work is incredible!

so its been awhile but not one of those "someday ill build my car" bs. Ive been busy with work and got engaged, planning a wedding, replaced the roof on my house (wood and all) and have been racing my 83 pickup and Omni all summer. Also built a Subaru and 85 Omni glh for my buddy. BUT the wedding is pretty much paid for and I have a break in racing series so its time to get back to the DART!!!

incase everyone forgot what it looked like

I decided I wanted a tubular front end with rack and pinion and coil overs. Being a cheap do it yourself turbo mopar man I decided I would have at building my own!

So last night I build a upper control arm JIG

Ive also picked up 3 engines, 2 transmissions, mustang 2 rack and pinion, and lots of odds and ends for the car. I also got the car itself to my home shop so I can spend some quality evening and weekend time with her!

After I get all the control arms and subframe built I will turn my attention to the rear end where I will be going ladder bar. 3 reasons, 1 better than leaf springs, 2 I can keep my rear seat and 3 I can easily adjust ride height and launch control!

I haven't made a ton of progress but there has been some! mostly in the parts collection portion of a project. Ive picked up rods, boost controller, another k frame, stock front discs, rear dics for the dana 60, and other odds and ends. I started working the other day on pulling the k frame test fitting components.

Keep at 'er. I'm glad, or hoping, LOL that I don't have that far to go

4500 stall is too much for a turbo, they like to PUSH on something! I would try the stocker first. I would even go lower on the rear gear but your deep into it now, make it work! :)

4500 stall is too much for a turbo, they like to PUSH on something! I would try the stocker first. I would even go lower on the rear gear but your deep into it now, make it work! :)

its 4200 on the brake. He told me it would be closer to a 3500 when foot braking it. I did not pick it. I gave dynamic all my info and they told me what I needed. I have no idea how to size converters and left it to the pros. I hope it works well! it was an expensive piece. I do plan on taking the RPM to 9500 or more with this small block.

its 4200 on the brake. He told me it would be closer to a 3500 when foot braking it. I did not pick it. I gave dynamic all my info and they told me what I needed. I have no idea how to size converters and left it to the pros. I hope it works well! it was an expensive piece. I do plan on taking the RPM to 9500 or more with this small block.

9500 RPM…. Is that a typo?….. Holy bageeeebers Bat Man!

Go get em" Killer!!

Started working on cleaning the kframe up tonight but my a.d.d. kicked in and I started making my collectors for my twin scroll set up. More to come tomorrow

tonight I got the engine and trans mated up and test fit them into the engine compartment. Things look good and only minor changes to the Kframe will need to be made! If all goes well it will be on its own tomorrow!

-
Back