67 Dart BOOSTED

-
subscribed... I just pulled the 2.4 motor out last week. I have a 73 Dart that its goin in.

Dynamic no longer makes the adaptor. I sent BadAss71 a pm about them and haven't gotten a response yet.

Anthony is planning on making another batch soon. You might want to contact him and get on the list.

I sure would like to see one of several of these builds get finished up and see how they work in a real world setting. Mine is no different. collecting parts but not much time to devote to my own project. What ever it take mine will be on the road this summer. Keep us posted on your build.

I sure would like to see one of several of these builds get finished up and see how they work in a real world setting. Mine is no different. collecting parts but not much time to devote to my own project. What ever it take mine will be on the road this summer. Keep us posted on your build.

Theres a few guys running around with finished swaps. I took a step back to build my wife a car. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=298221 Something a little more practical than this. Which leaves me open to greater changes with the dart! Read; more radical, which is what I want (she likes more stock)

I wont have the dart on the road for atleast another year but I will get to enjoy the valiant in the time being.

The adapter/converter/flywheel/hardware was around the 1500 mark.

Sorry, please don't think I'm trying to take your thunder. I just thought this would help if this link works. It is someone doing a similar project as your. It has some info on transmissions, and bell housings, if anyone else would want to do something similar. I have a neon and was wanting to build a duster with a 2.4 turbo in it for fuel mileage. http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=408789&hilit=904&sid=8833e5047c31702fb50dc31ea7f5d3eb

that would be me "dusterbnb"

Attachments

• DSCF3564.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 358
Sorry, please don't think I'm trying to take your thunder. I just thought this would help if this link works. It is someone doing a similar project as your. It has some info on transmissions, and bell housings, if anyone else would want to do something similar. I have a neon and was wanting to build a duster with a 2.4 turbo in it for fuel mileage. http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=408789&hilit=904&sid=8833e5047c31702fb50dc31ea7f5d3eb

No worries at all! I hope you decide to take the plunge! theres a handful of us and someone needs to get theirs finished!

Oh cool, I'm didn't know you were on here rapidtrasitric. I seen that thread, and thought it for one it was awesome, and 2 very helpful!

Well forcedfedmopar, I kinda pulled the gun on the project, and I bought a 71 dart. But, now I can't decide if I want to put the 2.4 turbo in it or put a 4bt cummins in it. But, I'm starting to lean back to the 2.4 seeing that you and rapidtrasitric have helped out with major part of what trans to go with and since I have already build a 2.0 turbo neon and have plenty of parts laying around.

I can't remember if you said it or not , but what are you planning on using for controlling the engine? I have a MegaSquirt ecm I bought for the neon, but never installed, because I am not sure of myself with tuning it.

Oh cool, I'm didn't know you were on here rapidtrasitric. I seen that thread, and thought it for one it was awesome, and 2 very helpful!

Well forcedfedmopar, I kinda pulled the gun on the project, and I bought a 71 dart. But, now I can't decide if I want to put the 2.4 turbo in it or put a 4bt cummins in it. But, I'm starting to lean back to the 2.4 seeing that you and rapidtrasitric have helped out with major part of what trans to go with and since I have already build a 2.0 turbo neon and have plenty of parts laying around.

I can't remember if you said it or not , but what are you planning on using for controlling the engine? I have a MegaSquirt ecm I bought for the neon, but never installed, because I am not sure of myself with tuning it.

i don't want to hijack forcefed's thread. the only way to gain any real power would be to use megasquirt. because the 2.4 has no programable tuning support. and srt4 ecm won't work with 2.0 or 2.4

Wow small world! You got that car from wilber ne. @ K&G body shope correct!? My good friend brett had that car until his w@"!$;e (now x-wife) decided to be a w&$!@;e & the divorce forced him to sell that car. I'm very glad it went to a good home! He planed on maken a runner out of aswell! Keep her goen man!!

I can't remember if you said it or not , but what are you planning on using for controlling the engine? I have a MegaSquirt ecm I bought for the neon, but never installed, because I am not sure of myself with tuning it.[/QUOTE

you should dive in. and do the 2.4/2.0. the more the merrier. there is a supra powered duster and scamp out there too. http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?58992-70-Duster-5MGTE-swap

http://moparblog.com/twin-turbo-supra-powered-plymouth-scamp/

Are you going to go with a DCR 2.6L stroker? Me and a buddy took a block had it sleeved and used a bigger vore , think it was a ford piston size, made our own 2.6L non offset ground crank like DCR but on a 72mm i think turbo dropped spool time by 500rpm compared to stock motor size.

i don't want to hijack forcefed's thread. the only way to gain any real power would be to use megasquirt. because the 2.4 has no programable tuning support. and srt4 ecm won't work with 2.0 or 2.4

Actually AEM has a fully programable ecu that is pretty awesome and connects to the factory harness.

-
Back