67 Dart BOOSTED

-
I'm really digging this build, just found it and subscribed! Is the bell housing the same as a 2.5? I saw you were using a 904 and wondered if it was out of a Dakota. I've been contemplating (dreaming) of a turbo 4 in my basket case 59 fury for a landspeed car, and should start collecting parts now! I love the new injected engines in old bodies, I should probably finish my dart first...

2.5 have a slightly different bell housing but could be made to work. The 904 I am using is from 66. I also have a 999 and a 998. A big block weights roughly 700 lbs (670lbs) and a 4 banger weighs roughly 250lbs. If all things are equal the 400lb weight savings wins every time! Would make a great engine for land speed.

This build is freakin awesome!!!...I've been wanting to do something different and was just thinking about building a 4 or 6 right before I stumbled on this. I'll be watching for sure.
Good luck, John

thankk you for keeping it all mopar. Swaps are cool but mitsu/yota are nauseating. Good work. this thing is going to be sweet

well, haven't worked on it a lot but still making slow progress!
I got my own powdercoating station at home now so ive been working on cleaning up the suspension parts.

oh I am, but in the productivity department! The wifes bringing me a new bundle of joy in the next 5 months so I am focusing on the house more than the car currently. Once momma and baby are home and doing fine daddy will be back out cutting/hammering/welding away!

:thumleft:

oh I am, but in the productivity department! The wifes bringing me a new bundle of joy in the next 5 months so I am focusing on the house more than the car currently. Once momma and baby are home and doing fine daddy will be back out cutting/hammering/welding away!

small update, all the suspension and disc brakes are back under the car and its rolling again! looks good! cant wait to really get going on this thing!

car is on the ground and rolling again! actually saw light the other day when I moved it from the shop to the house garage for a bit so I can work on my pickup.

and I started messing with the intake, like the rest of the build I will be starting with stock and modding, so heres the start!

Subscribed!

I am really curious to see how this comes along. I love that you went with a non-standard swap and you are making the car the way you want it. It is great to see fabrication work being done instead of catalog shopping. Do you have any details/pics on the K-member mods and rack positioning?

Hope you are still getting some work done on it since the last post was in April.

Feed us man, feed us!!

TIME, I dont have enough. Love the build, if it was mine and I wanted a light weight stip killer, I would skip the upper control arms and just go to a strut setup. Way simpler and flat works. Where in Nebraska are you? Im in North Platte.

TIME, I dont have enough. Love the build, if it was mine and I wanted a light weight stip killer, I would skip the upper control arms and just go to a strut setup. Way simpler and flat works. Where in Nebraska are you? Im in North Platte.

im in Omaha. I haven't done much in the shop since we welcomed our new baby girl into the world in july. I told the wife there will be progress made this winter when things settle down with the kids!

-
Back