67 Dart Build Triangulated 4 link & Mini Tub

-
That sick man!!! I have the same valve covers, they look really good, can't wait to finish my engine and pop them on.

You can bring it over anytime no problem as long as you are ok with a 5 year wait. After I am done with this one I am taking a LONG vacation!:-D

I know what you mean. I'm having a hard time mustering up the motivation to pull my engine and go through it again. Right now, it's just the short block+heads still sitting in the car. Expecting some money in the next couple weeks though, so I'll probably start then.

Louis - I'm working with Ricky to get the 4 link kit put together. Do you remember what part number shock kit you ordered from summit? I was looking at them this morning but they have 10+ pages of combinations to choose from!

What specific reasons did you go with the 130# springs? Did you match the torsion bar spring rate, use some type of front/rear bias formula, or some other means?

Thanks for all your help and the willingness to share with others all your info. It sure makes it a lots easier when someone else has done the leg work of sorting out a project like this.

Louis - I'm working with Ricky to get the 4 link kit put together. Do you remember what part number shock kit you ordered from summit? I was looking at them this morning but they have 10+ pages of combinations to choose from!

What specific reasons did you go with the 130# springs? Did you match the torsion bar spring rate, use some type of front/rear bias formula, or some other means?

Thanks for all your help and the willingness to share with others all your info. It sure makes it a lots easier when someone else has done the leg work of sorting out a project like this.

I called upon Crackedback, AKA Rob, he recommended the 130# springs and I fully trust his knowledge and opinion on the subject!

Here is what I bought. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CMB-15-0058/

You WILL need to call strange and order the different ends for the shocks. They come with 1/2 " ball bearing type ends with c clips that hold them in. I posted what you need to use here:

FROM POST 250 in this thread.

The cost was I believe $42.00 delivered to my door for the end swap!

I got my Shocks yesterday and the ends are wrong, I called Strange and their customer service is awesome! They are sending me the correct Poly bushings and sleeves. The bottom of the shock needs 5/8 x 1 3/8's sleeves while the top needs 1/2" x 1 3/8 Sleeves. The shocks came with bearing type ends that would eventually wear out with street driving and would need to be replaced often. Summits description of the shocks said Eyelet - Eyelet , not bearing bearing. Anyway the Poly Bushings will work better.

MoparAl and myself are also buying kits from Ricky -- Just waiting for him to get his paypal account operational and there will be (2) kits on there way to Pittsburgh, PA.

Yeah I saw your thread on Ricky's site. I have a bud with a beautiful 416 stroker '72 Demon but his rear suspension is a real hodge-podge of parts to get the lowered stance he wants but it dosen't work worth a crap. He's hot for me to put one of Louis's kits in it but I'm not experimenting on someone else's car. I'll do mine first, make sure we got it all figured out and then we'll be ordering up another kit from Ricky. Louis has really started something with this thread.

And thanks for the shock info Louis!

No problem, glad to be able to help out and give back. I have got all the help/information that I have needed anytime I have an issue with anything I am working on from this site.

I haven't had time to work on the car lately, my Son just got back from studying in France and I need to spend some time with him.

I should hopefully have it on the ground by next weekend!

Louis, I have a question on your boxed front sections? How are you planning on dealing with the lower fender mounting bolts which go into the boxed area? Did you weld on studs or something? I sat and stared at my Demon over the weekend and can figure out how you could box the fronts and still have access to the lower rear fender bolts (in case they froze up on you) -- Would love to know what you did there and a picture.

Louis - Never mind, I found the picture i needed to see on page 16. You tucked the boxing in above the fender bolts.

Louis - Never mind, I found the picture i needed to see on page 16. You tucked the boxing in above the fender bolts.

Yes I also stopped and started the welds so the clips and bolts can be replaced whenever, if ever! haaaaaaaa I know I wont replace them!

Louis I'm going to high jack your thread for a moment ---

DEMON34071 or anybody else know whats going on with Ricky and his website? I've not gotten any responses from him (over a week) since my initial quote request and for the past several days his website has disappeared. When you go to it you get some kind of jacked up music crap.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.....

Oh god I want to go work on my car now. Sweet set-up I am doing something similar so thanks for the info and pics of yours so I can get a good idea of a finished product.

Looks like that you have a great job! I hope I can see some updates of your work. And if it is finish kindly post the finish work of that Dart! Good work! :D

DEMON34071 or anybody else know whats going on with Ricky and his website? I've not gotten any responses from him (over a week) since my initial quote request and for the past several days his website has disappeared. When you go to it you get some kind of jacked up music crap.

Don't Fret, There are a few guys out there that will do it. If you want 1" link bars you can find a whole bunch of guys that can take care of it.
The only reason I went with Ricky is he could do it in 1.5" Links with the adjusters on both ends of the rod.

I will try and find someone else who can do the 1.5" bars.

Looks like that you have a great job! I hope I can see some updates of your work. And if it is finish kindly post the finish work of that Dart! Good work! :grin:

Been working alot lately, I even have to work tomorrow! I haven't worked on the car in a week or two now. I will get it on the ground soon though!

Oh god I want to go work on my car now. Sweet set-up I am doing something similar so thanks for the info and pics of yours so I can get a good idea of a finished product.

Go out there and get to it!!:grin: It only takes time and $$ and it seems that at any given moment we lack one or the other!

Hi Louis,guess you have been busy at work,I haven,t seen any new pics lately.We all need more money for our projects!LOL Did you see my tranny?LOL

WOW!! I was just heading to the warehouse to work on my car and prep it some more so I am ready to hit the ground running once ricky got his paypal working and to check my email and find this out. Your right his website... GONE!!!!! I never got his number off of it either. F@#$ Now I am sitting here with the brackets from Jeg's and no other parts to complete..... Hey Louis, do you have Ricky's telephone number you can PM me?

Hopefully its just a lapse in his server or something. I know FABO went down and missing on me yesterday at work, boy did that make for a long friday.

Thank you Louis for offering to look for other suppliers. I have started the search myself. Definitely want to go with the 1.5" setup as I'm a firm believer in OVERKILL when fabricating. Don't need something failing when your hauling azz down the strip, hot in a corner on the road course or next to a school bus on the freeway. Everyone please post what you find.

I've been really busy this week cleaning, prepping and epoxy coating the floor of my shop. All my parts, tools and cars are sitting in the back yard and I'm praying for clear skies to continue for a few more days while it cures. I hate the thought of moving them rust buckets back in the shop as they might get some dirt on my beautiful floor!:crybaby: Was checking for his reply on breaks and it was pretty disappointing to see his site disappear as I was ready to place the order as soon as he gave me the cost.

On a happy note I picked up a pair of 11.75" caliper brackets off Ebag this morning!:cheers: Been looking for a set for 6 months.

Okay here is the scoop on Ricky @ whynotfab.com --- He is still there and still in business. As Louis can attest to he works a full time job as well as running whynotfab.com -- I emailed him this morning and he got right back to me today. He knows his site went down but just hasn't had a chance to get it back up and running yet due to working.

His paypal status is still -- DOWN -- Paypal is dragging their feet. YET another reason not to use paypal! LOL.

If you need to reach him PM me and I will give you his email -- can't post it here since I am not a gold member.

Okay now back to Louis and his awesome build work!!!!!!

SWEET.... Thanks DEMON34071. :cheers: PM headed your way. Now that all the drama is apparently over well let Louis get back to business.

Just looked through every picture in this thread, and WOW! Nice work Louis! I've been anxious to see these pictures ever since you got the kit haha. Can't wait to check out pictures and progress on Derek and Ron's builds as well. Sorry about the hassle with my site and all, last week was killer at my full-time job.. breaking down 3 of 5 days, getting home so late I basically didn't even know my own website was down until a friend texted me when he was having withdrawals from the forum! Going to subscribe to this and keep updated! Appreciate the order on the 4-link, pretty soon we will have it all down for a Dart specific kit thanks to you guys haha.

-Ricky

Hello Louis,
Got a question on how you determined bar lengths of 21" & 9.5" for the 4 link. Did you center the axle in the wheel well front to back (usually 1" to rear of stock axle location) or did you use the stock axle center line?

If from stock location, is there enough adjustment in the rod ends to move the axle back an inch or should I go 22" & 10.5" on the bars. I noticed in your pics that you had your rod ends adjusted out about a 1/2" on each end of the bars which got the wheels spinning in my head (always a dangerous thing!)

Then again I guess it depends on where you place your boxes in the frame and/or drill the bolt holes in the boxes. You wont make me mad if you ignore this!

-
Back