67 dart with 514 and turbo build (BLACK BETTY)

-

mike1965

Reaction score
1967 Dart has a 440ci in it rite now and has run 10.90 with 26x8.5 hosier quick time tires and 4.30 gears.

Earlier this summer the car went to the chassis shop to have the springs moved inboard and frame connectors and I installed an alum. rad and elec. fan

Its in the shop now getting the 514ci turbo stroker motor and floor shifter 88mm turbo and blow thru setup and the front part of the cage installed I will post pix as the work gets done

Here are some pix of BLACK BETTY the car before the mini tub and after

Thanks Mike

Here's a few more

Here's one with the wife's 65 BB 440 Polara

Here's the motor almost done just waiting on the MSD crank trigger

I have done a little work not a lot got the motor out and put a dummy block in with the mid plate and trying to figure out where the intake charge pipe will be so far it will be towards the cowl .

I should have the new hood tomorrow it's a US Body source 5.5'' cowl hood

And I'm not going to use the 88mm turbo I picked up a PT-106mm on YB

Here's some pix

The AMS500

The PT-106mm

Added a V band to the hat

And I found the sheet metal pieces that where cut out of the fender well's where the headers usto exit they will be welded back in and going to weld up all the small holes.

Made a spacer up for the fluid dampnuer to accept the crank trigger here's some pix

This build is so awesome! Add more roll cage and this is going to be a great ride, stay safe out there!

It picks up a signal from the crank and sends it to the MSD box and it fires the distributor it's just a much better and accurate way set the timming

Ok mike I was just curious and its there if you decide to upgrade in the future to efi. On my valiant I run the msd6530 or the programable 6al-2 with a three bar map sensor, with a locked dizzy.
I'm in the process now of changing from a boosted 6 to a single turbo low deck stroker motor but im converting to efi and im planning on adding a crank trigger as well as using a ms2 to control the injectors.
Mike you wouldnt happen to have the specs on the spacer for the crank trigger would you?
Ill be keeping my eye on your progess,one more thing you'll like that ams 500 its one slick boost controller are you planning on running co2 or just a boost signal I run co2 and my boost was constant im very happy with it
Aaron

Ok mike I was just curious and its there if you decide to upgrade in the future to efi. On my valiant I run the msd6530 or the programable 6al-2 with a three bar map sensor, with a locked dizzy.
I'm in the process now of changing from a boosted 6 to a single turbo low deck stroker motor but im converting to efi and im planning on adding a crank trigger as well as using a ms2 to control the injectors.
Mike you wouldnt happen to have the specs on the spacer for the crank trigger would you?
Ill be keeping my eye on your progess,one more thing you'll like that ams 500 its one slick boost controller are you planning on running co2 or just a boost signal I run co2 and my boost was constant im very happy with it
Aaron

Aaron you can run the crank trigger with efi and my dizzy is locked and if you have a problem with the crank trigger you can unplug it and plut in to the dizzy and your on your way .

I will be running the Digital6 it has a lot of feature's and I will be using the Co2 to the top of the wg , what spring do you run in the w/g , I'm running a 5# spring when you add the Co2 do you add the gate spring with the Co2 to get your goal like 5# spring and 5# of Co2 would that give you 10#

Mike you run the lightest spring pressure you can, then you have to plumb both sides of the wastegate into the 12v solenoids co2 pressure should be regulated at 45 psi. Once you plumb in both side of the wastegate in you'll have 45 psi of co2 controlled by the solenoids doing the work so if your input one is set for 8 psi and your on the brake at the line it will hold your boost pressure at 8 psi and once input 1 is deactivated input 2 takes over the ramp rate comes into play and builds boost at your desired time frame till it reachs your input 2 set point which is your max psi and holds there.
When your ready to install and if you need some help give me a holler.
Aaron

Cool build. I see the 88 went strait to 106mm. I can say i blame ya but its gonna be a beast.

Cool build. I see the 88 went strait to 106mm. I can say i blame ya but its gonna be a beast.

Thanks Turbofreek , how's your car coming along I love what you have done with it and ya the turbo grew just a little lol

I picked up a Dana 60 for the car with strange axles and strange top hats with wildwood calipers for 300.00 off a mud booger I just have to shorten one side by 1'' and it will fit , I cut all the 4 link brackets off today and ordered the Moroso 5\8'' wheel studs / 3.54 gears / 35 spline spool / alum. caps / calvert spring perch's /calvert a body shackle's / calvert split mono springs / assassin bar's .

Hope to have the dana shortened and all together in the car in a couple weeks as long as all the parts get here .

Also putting a trans brake in the 727 and a steel billet drum already got the PTC conv.

Mike

Man i dont know if that 727 will hold without lots of mods. I just dropped 4k on a new glide from ptc myself. Sfi case etc... i have never considered a 727 due to reliability issues with decent power let alone high power. Its not that it wont hold it that it dont last long between refresh or rebuilds.

Man i dont know if that 727 will hold without lots of mods. I just dropped 4k on a new glide from ptc myself. Sfi case etc... i have never considered a 727 due to reliability issues with decent power let alone high power. Its not that it wont hold it that it dont last long between refresh or rebuilds.

I've got 2 of them already built and I want to keep it all MOPAR that's one of the reasons I went with a Dana 60 and not a ford 9'' but if I have to many problem's with the trans I will explore my option's

Mike

I've got 2 of them already built and I want to keep it all MOPAR that's one of the reasons I went with a Dana 60 and not a ford 9'' but if I have to many problem's with the trans I will explore my option's

Mike

You can but its the constant rebuild requirements that most cant stand. 727 is about every 15-20 passes give or take. Glide is about 500 passes give or take at these power levels. So ive been told anyways i dont have expertise to say for certain.

I don't agree with this at all. Ive found that they actually hold up quite well. I tore mine apart in the spring following 2013 season and found virtually no wear to the band or clutches. I put it back together and it was completely trouble free all season and a fluid and filter change showed no wear again. I am sure I putting more hp through it than most. 3300 lbs and 138 in the 1/8th.. do the math.

I don't agree with this at all. Ive found that they actually hold up quite well. I tore mine apart in the spring following 2013 season and found virtually no wear to the band or clutches. I put it back together and it was completely trouble free all season and a fluid and filter change showed no wear again. I am sure I putting more hp through it than most. 3300 lbs and 138 in the 1/8th.. do the math.

What's done to your's , I'm going to put a steel billet drum and a bolt in sprag in mine

Has yours hooked and stayed planted yet for an e tire pass? I ask because if your spinning all the way down the track or most of the time. Your not really testing the trans capabilities. Your car should run 4s in the 1/8th. Has it yet? Not trying to be a douche i swear. Your cuda is my favorite car besides mine. I still watch vids of it time to time. I just never seen it lay down its wrath on the tires and trans yet.

I.guess you.do have a point there. But theres still over a 1000 hp going through it regardless.

-
Back