69 Dart

-
Nice!!!!!!!!!! That is going to be righteous!

Great car! You didn't mention the front suspension. I saw the disk brakes but you didn't mention the rest. Anything special? Just curious.
I love your choice of white. Most people would avoid it but it looks GREAT! I really love the color under the hood. That is a lively color.

Front suspension if a FirmFeel power steering box, upper control arms, and swaybar. Boxed the LCAs and went with the 11-3/4 disks, all stainless brake lines and SS braided hoses. Got the .99 T-Bars from FirmFeel also. Handles real well. I drove it for one summer during te time I was mocking everything up.

Who built your hood and what size scoop is that?

Its a metal 2 inch scoop. If I remember correctly I got it thru Sherman. The guy that did the paint did the hood also. Used the scoop as a template and cut out the hood about 1/2 inch smaller then slid the scoop under the hood skin before welding. Left all but the center part of the hood structure in place for strength. Only problem I have found is that, because of the way I have to mount the throttle body to clear the injector rails it puts everything up high. A 14" air cleaner hits the rear of the inside hood frame. So, went with a 10" unit and found that it also JUST hits the edge of the cutout in the hood. I'm going to cut a piece of 16 gage metal today and make an offset aircleaner housing to move it to the front about 1 inch or so to clear.

I once had a Valiant with a white engine bay and if someone 2 towns over got grease on their hands it seemed to wind up showing on my white engine bay! the Chili-pepper red was actually my second choice. I was leaning toward black but when I started looking around, everyone has a black engine bay. So, red it was, to match the interior.

Larry
I know what ya mean about the grease on the engine bay, I had a white 66 Barracuda that had the same troubles, the paint was nowhere near the quality of yours, but it was still hard to clean

You might get away with an HEI style 14" air cleaner base. They are moved forward about 1-2 inches to clear the large HEI distributor on sbc's. They sell just the bases as a kit too. Then you get the offset air cleaner stud as well.

Its a metal 2 inch scoop. If I remember correctly I got it thru Sherman. The guy that did the paint did the hood also. Used the scoop as a template and cut out the hood about 1/2 inch smaller then slid the scoop under the hood skin before welding. Left all but the center part of the hood structure in place for strength. Only problem I have found is that, because of the way I have to mount the throttle body to clear the injector rails it puts everything up high. A 14" air cleaner hits the rear of the inside hood frame. So, went with a 10" unit and found that it also JUST hits the edge of the cutout in the hood. I'm going to cut a piece of 16 gage metal today and make an offset aircleaner housing to move it to the front about 1 inch or so to clear.

You might get away with an HEI style 14" air cleaner base. They are moved forward about 1-2 inches to clear the large HEI distributor on sbc's. They sell just the bases as a kit too. Then you get the offset air cleaner stud as well.

The actual problem is height. If I could use a 2" element there would be no problem but the EFI system I have uses a mass air flow sensor that mounts on the throttle body and it needs 1-1/2" of clearance between the sensor elements and the top of the air cleaner so I am using a 3" element. SUCKS!!! Had all of this planned out until right at the end and the air cleaner issue is holding up the works.

love all the work on the car man. Wish i would win the lotto so i could get kicked off on mine again. it is killin me just watching it sit there

-
Back