69 under construction / 440

-
Front seats finally arrived yesterday exactly one year ago from when I ordered . Will run one over to the upholstery girl so she can match material in order to recover rear seat so it matches.
20211116_175656.jpg

Wow! This is beautiful work. The care and attention to detail you have put into this project are readily apparent! Going to be a stunner when it's done. Can't wait to see it.

P.S. I may steal.....I mean borrow your sub box mounting idea. :lol:

Wow! This is beautiful work. The care and attention to detail you have put into this project are readily apparent! Going to be a stunner when it's done. Can't wait to see it.

P.S. I may steal.....I mean borrow your sub box mounting idea. :lol:
Thx for the positive feedback, no worries.. take all the idea's you need .

Along with the door pad picture , front seat assembled and placed in car to get shifter fitment exact. Have to fabricate some wedges to get a nice solid fit on top of driveshaft tunnel.
20211220_165457.jpg
20211222_180424.jpg

5 point harness installed on lh side seat . Added a picture of the shifter trim boot with roll control switch installed ( switch is one I actually had leftover from snowmobile acc light kit ).

20220206_144051.jpg

20220206_144104.jpg

You done yet, it's Spring tomorrow!!! :poke::lol:
Ba ha ha ha ha, I know Wayne I'm slow . As soon as the back seat gets back it will be off to get the 3" exhaust built / front end alignment done then should be ready to breath fire so long as the stars align should be all done by the end of March.

Last edited:
Spent some time yesterday setting the ride height and set up the stereo system . I have to admit that Retrosound Redondo deck is working really well and has an awesome quality sound. Just need the rear seat back so it can go off for exhaust/ front end alignment.
20220306_095903.jpg
20220306_095950.jpg

Last edited:
Resized_20220311_180204.jpg
Resized_20220311_180222.jpeg
Got an update from my upholstery woman yesterday re: back seat. She has everything ready to reassemble including the center section of the seat embroidered like I was hoping for and she also is making a new cover for my garage stool which was cracked/ ripped.

20220513_194547.jpg
I've had a couple more set backs , upholster that did my back seat dropped the ball ( brutal)so had to plan B it also my exhaust guy was slammed with race car stuff so that set me back a few weeks. Dart on its way for 3" exhaust. Never had a car fight me every step of the way like this one.

Last edited:
20220521_095545.jpg
20220521_100329.jpg
My exhaust guy called yesterday for me to spin over and reconfirm routing of pipe over the axle and out the back . His shop was full of race car bodies so he planned B'd it and is doing the job outside on the ground. He's 78 years old and does excellent work ( perfect quality, reasonable pricing) . Couple years ago he shortened my 9" rear end and did an interstellar job. When I crawled under my car for a look , I could hardly contain my excitement and admiration at what was already done . About 90% tacked / fabricated.

Last edited:
-
Back