6pakattack Time

-
I guess I'm going to have to get serious about what color I want to paint the car as I want to paint the engine to match and do some painting on the ribs of my Offy Valve Cover too !!

Here's a set that Leanna powder coated for me a while back. She worked her butt off getting them cleaned and polished. Another FABO member produced the decals to my design. The reason I went to powder coating was that everytime something brushed up against the painted valve covers, they scratched.

Attachments

• IMG_6522s.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 454
  • Leanna@work.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 481
Here's a set that Leanna powder coated for me a while back. She worked her butt off getting them cleaned and polished. Another FABO member produced the decals to my design. The reason I went to powder coating was that everytime something brushed up against the painted valve covers, they scratched.

Oh man,caught her working and she didn't get a chance to fix her hair !! Hope she doesn't know you have this pic !:D Not to worry,I can't tell you how many times I've been thru her site checking everything out !!Excellent work no doubt !!

Holy cow, how'd I miss all the updates on this thread??? Feel like I've been living under a rock the last few days. I'll be back this evening to comment and put some high temp ceramic coating rumors aside. :-D

Holy cow, how'd I miss all the updates on this thread??? Feel like I've been living under a rock the last few days. I'll be back this evening to comment and put some high temp ceramic coating rumors aside. :-D

My badd on the High Temp Coatings !! You'll have to excuse my CRS disease !!But on another note,I got my head back today !!! Only to turn around and drop it and my Aussie Intake and Headers off for some massaging to make them fit !!!Then I'll have to decide between the Aussie parts or the Offy / Hooker combo !!! Orrrrrrr the hypr pak pkg I'm trying for !!!:violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1:

OK,I'm bummed !!!Bought a New Cam off Ebay to send out and get reground !!Supposedly Ebay screwed this guy up so he sent a request for the info on my car.So I replied slant 6 yada yada yada !!I get a package in the mail today,woo hoo the cam is finally here !!! NOT,apparently some one didn't teach someone else the difference between a 6 cyl and an 8 !!! So now it's got to be sent back,and the PROPER one sent back out !:banghead: I hate stupid people !!

I've never seen a powder coated turbocharger; I think there might be heat issues... LOL!

Hey LeAnna, wouldn't the above quote be incorrect? As far as operation of the unit?

Is there something within the Centrifugal supercharger or turbocharger that shouldn't see the super heat of the oven that I do not know about?

Hey LeAnna, wouldn't the above quote be incorrect? As far as operation of the unit?

Is there something within the Centrifugal supercharger or turbocharger that shouldn't see the super heat of the oven that I do not know about?

I was referring to the egregious heat of the turbo itself (the exhaust side) which I thought might get into a temperature range that would damage the powder coating.

Dunno if that might be a problem, but I think it could, with the proximity of the two scrolls.

OK, I finally have my head back from the machine shop, my Aussie Headers have been cut and made to fit (just need to decide which set up I'm going to use),so I guess it's time to get off my Dead Azz and onto my dieing feet and start the cleaning process on my motor !!

Sheesh, about time! Whatcha been doing while you've had all that stuff at the machine shop??? We're starting to think you're retired or something.

<< duckin and runnin >> :-D

Love ya Dennis muahhhhhhhhhhhh

Sheesh, about time! Whatcha been doing while you've had all that stuff at the machine shop??? We're starting to think you're retired or something.

<< duckin and runnin >> :-D

Love ya Dennis muahhhhhhhhhhhh

Sometimes things just happen to not go as planned !! And now comes another time,or just a continuation of the others !!!Only time will tell !!:sad8:

OK,not going to be able to do what I thought with the New cam,so back to the drawing board !! Anyone in need of a New Stock Cam let me know !!! Did swing by the Body Shop just to follow up on getting the Dart in,and "HOPEFULLY" he'll be ready for it next week !!!Will also be dropping my 8.75 to get assembled next week with Ben Dunhoff (Mopar Missile Fame) Hell,maybe I ought to just drop my /6 off with him and let him work his majic on it !!!!:prayer::prayer::prayer:

Dropped the 8.75 off this morning,will most likely have it back Friday !And after some conversation,I learned that this same Guy (Ben Dunhoff) also does Transmissions !!So I guess I'll be dropping it off when I pick up the Rearend !!Hell,maybe I ought to just drop off all my engine pieces and have him assemble it too !! Man I love one stop shopping !!!:prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:

Woo Hoo,finally,the Dart will be heading to the Body Shop Saturday for its makeover !!!Time to round up all the pieces to go with it !!!!:prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:

:p
Woo Hoo,finally,the Dart will be heading to the Body Shop Saturday for its makeover !!!Time to round up all the pieces to go with it !!!!:prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:

That's great news! Our car is back from the body shop and is getting the windshield and back window put in it tomorrow. The back bumper and all the door handles are back on it, now.

It's starting to resemble a real car again!!!:cheers:

Be sure and post some pics of the Dart when you get it back!!!

I love progress...:p

I hear ya Bill,it's been a long time coming !!!

Calvin Coolidge said,

"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence.

Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.

Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

The slogan &#8220;Press On&#8221; has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

That's good advice.... :)

Now I just need to decide if I want to assemble my motor or bring it to someone with the knowledge and tools to check all the vital statistics ?? I've assembled a number of engines with success,I'm just wondering if he can extract a little more for my end results I'm looking for !!Damn I hate decisions !!:banghead:

Now I just need to decide if I want to assemble my motor or bring it to someone with the knowledge and tools to check all the vital statistics ?? I've assembled a number of engines with success,I'm just wondering if he can extract a little more for my end results I'm looking for !!Damn I hate decisions !!:banghead:

If you've done it more than once with good results, why would you pay someone else to do it? Do it yourself and you'll have the satisfaction of knowing it was done right.

Have some faith in yourself...:prayer:

x2 on that Bill!

The first big block I ever built was a 440. I got two rod/piston assemblies in it and could no longer roll it over on the stand by myself. So every few minutes I've have to interrupt Billy ... he gave me some crap about it every time :-D but I still did it! There's nothing like that first fire-up to remind you why you got into this hobby. Go for it Dennis -- no one will ever have the same pride in your plant as you do.

If you've done it more than once with good results, why would you pay someone else to do it? Do it yourself and you'll have the satisfaction of knowing it was done right.

Have some faith in yourself...:prayer:

No doubt I can put it together,but I couldn't even begin to match the skills of the owner of the MOPAR MISSILE !!!

http://www.allpar.com/racing/joe-pappas.html

He's just up the road a bit,and he's already got my 8.75 / 4:10 rearend getting it put together for me !! I totally agree with the satisfaction feeling,but I've already bought the necessary pieces to take it up a notch or two or three above where my others were !!:banghead:

Oh yeah,by the way I posted a special piece just for you in the R/C thread !!

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=176446

Oh yeahhhhh,just love it when the UPS guy stops by my house !!! Presents,gotta love presents !!! Well,do to computer illiteracy I'll have to waite for my daughter to get home to downsize the pics I took !!!

Dennis, what photo program do you use? Resizing your pics is fairly easy -- call me and I can probably walk you through it.

OK,got them loaded to Photo Bucket,let me see if I can get it to work right !! By the way,just in case you're wondering,these are 1.6's !!

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

-
Back