6pakattack Time

-
Woo Hoo,all that needs to be done is get the sheet metal for the flip top gas cap welded in,and my baby will be ready for the spray booth !!! Looks like it may be ready towards the end of this week !!! Time to get my other parts organized in my Garagemahall !!!

You go, guy!!! :blob:

It's a real lift, when you see your baby with fresh paint!!!

No doubt !! I happened to be able to watch him do a Plum Crazy Challenger,and man did she turn out Beautiful !!! So most definitely I'm Stoked !!But with all good feelings come bad ! I need to be over on the West Coast when my baby is done,so I won't be able to have it delivered (no motor) 'till next Monday or so !!

No doubt !! I happened to be able to watch him do a Plum Crazy Challenger,and man did she turn out Beautiful !!! So most definitely I'm Stoked !!But with all good feelings come bad ! I need to be over on the West Coast when my baby is done,so I won't be able to have it delivered (no motor) 'till next Monday or so !!

That time will pass quickly. The older I get, the more quickly it passes!!! LOL! And, I'm gettin' pretty old...:disgust:

Be SURE to post pictures of that bad boy; We all wanna see the fruits of your (considerable) labor!!!:happy1:

Kinda like the motor too,with all that I've invested,I'd rather let a Pro build it and tweek it for me !! Which by the way is headed out to be align bored and balanced just to be SURE !!

That will be a nice piece! I don't know, given the unusually robust construction of the slant 6 block, just how necessary that part was, but it sure won't hurt! I am so glad you said "align bored." I get so tired of seeing "line bored."

A few New pics of my baby !! Front fenders and doors are painted,he's hoping to get the rest of the car into the paint booth today !! WOO HOO,getting so much closer every day now !!!

20120406_135946.jpg

20120406_135932.jpg

A few New pics of my baby !! Front fenders and doors are painted,he's hoping to get the rest of the rest of the car into the paint booth today !! WOO HOO,getting so much closer every day now

That's GORGEOUS!!! Gonna have show-car status as soon as you get her bolted together!!!

You go, guy!!!:blob:

I'll be happy when he's done !! Got fender mounted turn signal lights going on and the stripe to do too !!:blob::blob::blob:

Had high hopes that it got painted over the weekend,but that didn't happen !!:sad7: But I did go check on it this morning,and it was in primer and being block sanded,so I guess that's good enough reason to be a little more patient !!And as for the engine,it was still out to be align bored and balanced ! But I was assured it would be back this week and next week it WILL be assembled !!! I'll be getting the 8.75 back then also !! Gawd I hate having to be patient !! I also will be waiting on my New 727 w/ Gearvendors OD unit,my 3500 stall speed convertor and 2 Aluminum Deep Oil Pans (one for my wifes 727) too !! Still need to decide what Ratchet Shifter I want to go with also !!:burnout: Have some more body work pics,just don't know how to operate this new fangled techno phone !!!

Base coat was on when I checked on it today,clear coat was next in the process this afternoon !! Buffing and polishing to morrow,and hopefully Thurs the stripe will go on !! I was really glad I went to check it out today though,as they were going to put my stripe on,then clear coat over it ! That's not how I wanted it,the stripe and the hood are supposed to be flat textured like the 'Cuda T/A's and AAR's !!!So I figure it will be coming home by the end of the week !! :blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob:

BeeYOOteeful color. I was just fixin to harp on you about all blah blah blah and no pics. We need more though. lol

Got to see the rest of the car in color earlier today,but of course didn't have my camera or cell phone with me !! Got to make my decision quickly on whether or not to do the Buzzin Bee in the strip or just leave the strip solid in case I end up needing to get rid of the car !! Not everyone is into the /6's like I am !!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Got to see the rest of the car in color earlier today,but of course didn't have my camera or cell phone with me !! Got to make my decision quickly on whether or not to do the Buzzin Bee in the strip or just leave the strip solid in case I end up needing to get rid of the car !! Not everyone is into the /6's like I am !!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I decided to put my "turbo slant six" logos (see my avatar} on a magnetic strip and just put the two of them (one on each side) on the back fenders (just ahead of the taillight) when I am at the strip. racing it. They can stay in the trunk the rest of the time.

You could do something like that. Just stick it to a magnetic backup that will stay on the car when you WANT it on there.

I think most sign companies have that stuff (magnetic backup.)

Just a thought...:silent:

Attachments

• 100_3656.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 252
A few more pics !! The car has since been painted,but I forgot to bring my camera or cell phone !!

20120409_113041.jpg

20120406_140102.jpg

20120406_140036.jpg

20120406_140024.jpg

No pics today,but doors are on,front fenders are on, rear window is in and all chrome is on,engine compartment done,interior panels(Green body color) are in,drivers side door panels are in,door handle and window crank are in (DS),YUP,it's coming together !! SMR /6 727 w/manual VB and deep aluminum pan is crated and on its way too !!Gear Venders O/D unit shouldn't be too far behind !! Now to check on my engine and see how far along we are on that ? Hopefully Frank will be able to finish up my head and send it off so I can put it directly onto my motor !!!:prayer: Some how I think all this chitt is going to arrive all at once and I'm going to get stuck not knowing which way to run !!! Oh hell,bring it on !!!:hello1::hello1::hello1::hello1::hello1::hello1:

Some music for me to think by !! Not a Valiant,but close enough for govt work !!

[ame="http://youtu.be/wtGHRagsFmo"]302 Found[/ame]

Getting another step closer !!Front bumper is on,grill is on,the hood was brought out to get ready to install ! Dropped off my Offy Valve Cover to have the ribbed area color matched to the body. Took a couple more pics to share !!

20120420_105421.jpg

This pic here is one of my favorite mods to my whole project !!

20120420_105356.jpg

Sorry for the blurred first pic, but health problems aren't forgiving to my shaky hands !!

Getting another step closer !!Front bumper is on,grill is on,the hood was brought out to get ready to install ! Dropped off my Offy Valve Cover to have the ribbed area color matched to the body. Took a couple more pics to share !!

20120420_105421.jpg

This pic here is one of my favorite mods to my whole project !!

20120420_105356.jpg

Sorry for the blurred first pic, but health problems aren't forgiving to my shaky hands !!

Man, that paint looks GOOD!

Keep thrashin'!!!!:happy1:

-
Back