6pakattack Time

-
Wow!! Car looks great!! Nice work, 6pakattack. Keep tjhose pics coming and good luck finishing the build.

Ma Snart

Woo Hoo,the Buzzin Half Dozens' Chariot has returned to the Garagemahall,FINALLY !!! Still waiting on a couple of pics,but I'll post the one I have !!

20120423_103913.jpg

My badd,this one has the BEE facing the wrong direction !! He has been turned around,but I'm going to need a New one so it adheres better !!

WOWSER!!! That will be a show winner, for sure!!! The Buzzin' Half Duzzin' stripe looks factory!!! Great job, old timer!!! :)

And it's going to haul azz too !!! SMR/727 is on its way,should be getting my Gear Vendors OD soon also !! And I believe the Head from Frank is on its way,damn this is getting busy !!

Guess I was right,this is going to be a busy week !! 1.Got the Dart back home,2.Transmission is set for delivery Thursday,3.Block and crank are back from Align boring and balancing,looks like things are coming around !!!:blob::blob::blob::blob:

Guess I was right,this is going to be a busy week !! 1.Got the Dart back home,2.Transmission is set for delivery Thursday,3.Block and crank are back from Align honing and balancing,looks like things are coming around !!!:blob::blob::blob::blob:

I just bought $50+ worth of fittings for our fuel system, today. The faster I go, the poorer I get...

I just bought $50+ worth of fittings for our fuel system, today. The faster I go, the poorer I get...

Amen to that Bill !!!! I'm like you,now it's time for the nit pickin lil chitt !! Going to see if I can get my daughter's boyfriend to put my RMDash in for me while I'm waiting on the motor !!!!!

IMG_0208.jpg

It's all comin together like a beautiful dream. Looks great.

It's builds like this that make my hart keep beating :thumblef:
This has been a great build thread 6pakattack and looking forward to
all the updates..... It's good to have little help from a young gun, tell him to get right on it :cheers: and thank you for this thread :happy1:

Normally I would have put my own motor together. I've got a bit more invested in this whole project,so I figured I'd pay the extra for some added peace of mind,and a more intense tuning than I would have done !!The one thing that I will have for sure is BLING TOO !! Not All Show No Go either !! It should be more than respectable at the track !!:prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:

Normally I would have put my own motor together. I've got a bit more invested in this whole project,so I figured I'd pay the extra for some added peace of mind,and a more intense tuning than I would have done !!The one thing that I will have for sure is BLING TOO !! Not All Show No Go either !! It should be more than respectable at the track !!:prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:

It should be a fun ride, for sure! My uneducated guess would be a 15.20 @ 88 mph. That is movin' on out for an automatic slant in a 3,300-pound car.

I love that instrument cluster! Just the right "ambience" for the interior! What color is the upholstery?

Keep pluggin'... you're doin' great!!!:cheers:

I will never say line bored again Bill :D live and learn something everyday :cheers:
Align :thumblef: cranks to blocks are a must do in all my builds back in the day
I am soaking allot of info up here men and ladies
It's a great blessing to watch and read these builds being dun by .... ah..:bball: well you know... :D
Well you and 6pak are no spring chickens Bill :cheers: inspiring for this a little over mid life man.

I will never say line bored again Bill :D live and learn something everyday :cheers:
Align :thumblef: cranks to blocks are a must do in all my builds back in the day
I am soaking allot of info up here men and ladies
It's a great blessing to watch and read these builds being dun by .... ah..:bball: well you know... :D
Well you and 6pak are no spring chickens Bill :cheers: inspiring for this a little over mid life man.

Yeah, I started this turbo/slant six bidness a little late in life, but as long as I can fog a mirror, I'm gonna stay at it. Right now, my goal is to get the &^%^%$#%* thing RUNNING...

Can't beat anybody if it won't run... :disgust:

We're workin' on it... believe me, we are.

It should be a fun ride, for sure! My uneducated guess would be a 15.20 @ 88 mph. That is movin' on out for an automatic slant in a 3,300-pound car.

I love that instrument cluster! Just the right "ambience" for the interior! What color is the upholstery?

Keep pluggin'... you're doin' great!!!:cheers:

If I remember correctly Bill,the last /6 I built ran a 9.89 in the 1/8 !! Don't know how that computes to 1/4 mi times !!! That motor was a 10/10.5:1 comp, .460/.278 cam,390/Offy/Hooker,RMSVB,3:90 LSD,245/60/14 BFG's !!! The Interior is Black Bill !! While it was apart being painted,I had him change the Metal Interior panels from Black,to the same Green as the body just for a little contrast !!

If I remember correctly Bill,the last /6 I built ran a 9.89 in the 1/8 !! Don't know how that computes to 1/4 mi times !!! That motor was a 10/10.5:1 comp, .460/.278 cam,390/Offy/Hooker,RMSVB,3:90 LSD,245/60/14 BFG's !!! The Interior is Black Bill !! While it was apart being painted,I had him change the Metal Interior panels from Black,to the same Green as the body just for a little contrast !!

According to Wallace online calculators

http://www.wallaceracing.com/8th-quarter-conversion.php

a 9.89 1/8-mile time equates to a 15.44 quarter-mile time.

Will this car be faster or slower than that one?

What kind of transmission did that one have? If it had a 904, this 727+O.D. will slow it down (compartively) about two tenths.

Was that car heavier or lighter than this one?

You really can't compare the two without knowing all the pertinent facts (rear end gearing, etc.)

It'll be a fun ride, either way....

I like your choice of interior colors! Pics, please???:happy1:

I haven't put the interior back together yet Bill.Want to put a New Stereo in,and I'm debating whether or not to relocate the battery to the trunk while it's at this stage !!Plus I need to install the Gauge Cluster,and it would be so much easier to be able to stretch out than try to be a contortionist and bend all around the seat !! And hopefully I'm looking at getting the matching pieces to the RMD for the heater control/radio section,and the glove box !!!

I haven't put the interior back together yet Bill.Want to put a New Stereo in,and I'm debating whether or not to relocate the battery to the trunk while it's at this stage !!Plus I need to install the Gauge Cluster,and it would be so much easier to be able to stretch out than try to be a contortionist and bend all around the seat !! And hopefully I'm looking at getting the matching pieces to the RMD for the heater control/radio section,and the glove box !!!

They didn't make these A-Bodies for not-so-able-bodied old men to work on (interiors, particularly.) I would choose to do it the easy way, whatever that is.

When it's done, some pictures would sure be nice. I know I'm gonna be way jealous... way jealous!:?

Keep on pluggin'... you're making really good progress, I think!

Guess it's time to resurect this from the bottom of the pile !!! Received a text from Frank that my head was on its way to Memphis for a Midnight ride( Greyhound),so I'm guessing it should be here in Fla sometime this week !!! Woo Hoo !!! Going to get my 8.75 from my builder and see if I can't get it installed this weekend so that'll be one less thing to do !!Can't get too busy though,got to be at the Alzheimers BBQ to see if I'm the LUCKY winner of a
'70 SUPERBIRD !!! I've got 6 chances,so I've got my fingers crossed !! Anywho,back to the 6pakattack.Crank is installed,rods and pistons were next on his list ! As soon as the head gets here,he'll be CCing the head to see where we stand,and depending what he comes up with,I'm going to need to make a quick decision on which way to go !!:D:D:D But yeah,it's fixin to come together real quick like,and I'm lovin it !!! !!!

Guess it's time to resurect this from the bottom of the pile !!! Received a text from Frank that my head was on its way to Memphis for a Midnight ride( Greyhound),so I'm guessing it should be here in Fla sometime this week !!! Woo Hoo !!! Going to get my 8.75 from my builder and see if I can't get it installed this weekend so that'll be one less thing to do !!Can't get too busy though,got to be at the Alzheimers BBQ to see if I'm the LUCKY winner of a
'70 SUPERBIRD !!! I've got 6 chances,so I've got my fingers crossed !! Anywho,back to the 6pakattack.Crank is installed,rods and pistons were next on his list ! As soon as the head gets here,he'll be CCing the head to see where we stand,and depending what he comes up with,I'm going to need to make a quick decision on which way to go !!:D:D:D But yeah,it's fixin to come together real quick like,and I'm lovin it !!! !!!

Gettin' exciting, that's for sure!!! :cheers:

Let us know on the compression ratio, as soon as you find out. Over 9-to-1 and, I think you're going to be normally-aspirated.

Our head is NOT milled at all, and neither is the block. Our Wiseco flat top pistons are .167" down in the hole. Combustion chamber is untouched.

Our compression figured out to exactly 9:1.

Is this junk runnin yet? Put up er shut up. We want videos. lol

Is this junk runnin yet? Put up er shut up. We want videos. lol

I hear ya !!!Seems like it's been forever !!I could have had the motor put together with the head I have,but I've been waiting on a ported and polished head so I wouldn't have to disassemble anything !! I,like Bill still have little pieces to get together to make it finished,but I've waited this long,no sense getting stupider than I already are !!!

Well,got my 8.75 home !! Going to try like hell to get it installed this weekend if everything goes as planned !! Had to delay my post,had to go pick up my head and drop it off at the builders,so it looks like things are starting to roll !!!I'm so happy I could just shi_ Spit !!!!!

Well it's good you're taking your time. You really gtot me thinkin about that color. Can you give me some specifics? Maybe a paint code brand and name?

-
Back