70 dart 470 ci drag car build.

-
Engine back on Dyno... I need to assemble a few things on it and Sunday probably put some fuel in it.

IMG_20230913_184448658_HDR.jpg

I put one of those fancy adjustable oil pressure deals from milodon on and primed the oil. Only 105 psi from a 3/8th drill....lol I need to adjust it down some.
I plan on getting back over to Tim's tomorrow morning and getting the valve covers on and see how my linkage is going to work. That's sorta an unknown still, I bought some longer rods from Alky digger to get the lower linkage dialed in, hopefully then my return spring contraptions will work too.

Did you get it on the dyno?
Yes, it's on the Dyno now.
I still have a couple things to take care of before it gets broken in. I will be going over to Tim's after the Seahawks hopefully win lol.
It's been a challenging week since the pup got ran over but I've been chipping away before work and got the linkage dialed in, test fit the headers.
I need to check the bolts for my rockers because one side seems that the nuts are higher on the studs. I've already had to replace 2 shafts on this engine.

Yes, it's on the Dyno now.
I still have a couple things to take care of before it gets broken in. I will be going over to Tim's after the Seahawks hopefully win lol.
It's been a challenging week since the pup got ran over but I've been chipping away before work and got the linkage dialed in, test fit the headers.
I need to check the bolts for my rockers because one side seems that the nuts are higher on the studs. I've already had to replace 2 shafts on this engine.
You might just head over early, I don't think our Seahawks are going to pull it out. lol
Their heads are still stuck up their butt from last year. Defense looks lethargic.

You might just head over early, I don't think our Seahawks are going to pull it out. lol
Their heads are still stuck up their butt from last year. Defense looks lethargic.
Probably right. Defense definitely looks just like last year and the dumb kicker left 6 off the board

I was over at Tim's for a few hours, I test fit my headers again and found out I need to build another set of plug wires.
Installed the valve covers on and checked the fuel system for leaks.
After 3 leaks and a blown seal on the fuel inlet there's no more leaks.
Also adjusted the oil pressure down to 80 .
I will be doing my break in with the fender well headers since there's a ton of room with those for working on stuff.

IMG_20230917_154420097_HDR.jpg

Wednesday after work I'll be breaking the sucker in, if the Dyno software lock out thing gets worked out. I'll take a video of it.
I'm kicked off of YouTube for telling people the truth so maybe I can find someone who can load a video for me.

Tim and I spent a couple hours breaking in my engine, for the most part it went well except for a massive vacuum leak at the top of the intake runners at the head. There's a gap I didn't notice when I put the thing on, also the plenum gaskets squirted out lol, so it's back to surfacer and start over......but when we were breaking in the pistons we gave it a few real good revs and it hit 7000 with ease and it never did that before.

Tim and I spent a couple hours breaking in my engine, for the most part it went well except for a massive vacuum leak at the top of the intake runners at the head. There's a gap I didn't notice when I put the thing on, also the plenum gaskets squirted out lol, so it's back to surfacer and start over......but when we were breaking in the pistons we gave it a few real good revs and it hit 7000 with ease and it never did that before.

When is he allowed back.

He’s a hard head like me but I like that. If I wanted boring I would watch Opera reruns. Lol
The problem is there's little babies on this forum who know they can piss him off. Im younger and a redhead & I'm way calmer than Tim lol.
I have asked Joey before about letting him back on and he wasn't happy about it lol.
He is a valuable dude. I learn stuff every time I get around him.

The problem is there's little babies on this forum who know they can piss him off. Im younger and a redhead & I'm way calmer than Tim lol.
I have asked Joey before about letting him back on and he wasn't happy about it lol.
They are the same guy's that don't like DJT. lol

Are you serious? I didn't realize Tim's ban was permanent.... Damn, that's too bad.

-
Back