70 duster getting some boost..

-
Dig the thread, dig the build. Looking great. Nice fab work on the Headers & turbo piping.
Looking forward to seeing where this goes.
What is your expected completion date of this thing?

:burnout:

thanks for the kind words guys.. not much as of late.. the nhra chassis guy came and checked it out and he said every thing looked great other than we will have to add 1 gusset.. so thats good that means i can add the gusset and not have to worry and go ahead and paint the cage when its time..

i also got a oem replica fiberglass dash. very good quality so i am happy with that. i got my new tail light panel and door skin the other day so we might try to tackle hanging the new quarters and tail panel on here soon..

thanks for looking and i will keep you guys updated as time goes..

Are you ever gonna finish that heap?

Where did you get that sweet R block? It's nice.

Did you stick with the Batten heads, or did you get your hands on the Shady Dell cnc'ed W5s?

It's about time I saw pictures. I've seen a lot of the bits and pieces, but never the car, itself.

hey tom,

id love to finish it soon but the cost of this project gets overwhelming at times..

i think you know where the block came from. as it was yours at one point in time.. ha

i stuck with the batten heads for now. i think they will be fine being that turbo stuff doesnt need giant heads to make power.

how is the demon coming?

Slowly. Very, very slowly.

Your stuff looks great. My fabrication work usually looks like it was done by a monkey with a butter knife.

small update.

i decided im gonna need more room up front for the custom radiator and fan setup. so i cut the front core support off and am going with a tubular setup to hold the radiator and grill etc.. it allows me to move the radiator foward like 3 inches till it is about .25 inches behind the grill.. will be nice having that extra room around the engine..

no pics of the tubing stuff yet but there will be...

before

after

Wow, that's a lot cut out! I guess the HDK front end will keep everything in place while you fab up the tubes? Eager to see what you come up with here.

I've got it in mind to build up a 360 turbo for my 74 Duster and do the fab myself. I have adequate fabrication skills, but will be relying heavily on yours and a couple other builds to work it all out. Your work is inspiring!

thank you.

i dont think the front core support is structural at all.. 2 thin flimsy peices going from one rail to the other.. these cars count on that k member to hold them in line imo.. when i cut the support off it didnt have any spring to it at all..

the front will have a lower 1 5/8 tube that will tie the rails together so when the k member is unbolted the rails wont be able to move..

it was blasted with the finest sand the sand blast place had.. there is no warpage on any of the panels..

I'd kill to have a car of this caliber... even in its unfinished state. I'd also kill to have the knowledge and experience to build a car of this caliber. Can't wait to see this thing finished. Keep up to great work bud.

a small update:

the radiator is finished.. started as a bell core. still need to do the tubular radiator support but its slowly but surly getting closer to being torn apart for body and paint..

-20 upper and lower

Lol, it ended up being a odd ball size and i wanted as much cooling as i could get. i figured i could always restrict the cooling system if it has trouble getting to temp. a better problem than it not keeping cool..

your telling me. this thing has been fun to build so far but f**k alot more money than i had planned when i started. lol o well thats the name of the game

Oh I know that all too well. Building a sled pulling truck has been hell on my sanity and my bank account lol. The build NEVER goes as planned! :banghead:

a small update to the build.. havent got much done as of late.

got a gen1 camaro chin spoiler and i think its gonna be a nice but subtle add on to the front of the car.

also santa came a little early and dropped off a cool new part for the car last week..

[ame="http://s298.photobucket.com/user/rgreule/media/Screenshot_2015-12-08-18-11-23-1_zpsqhjuox4g.png.html"]Screenshot_2015-12-08-18-11-23-1_zpsqhjuox4g.png Photo by rgreule | Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm252/rgreule/Screenshot_2015-12-08-18-11-23-1_zpsqhjuox4g.p@@AMEPARAM@@298.photobucket.com/albums/mm252/rgreule/Screenshot_2015-12-08-18-11-23-1_zpsqhjuox4g.p[/ame]

-
Back