72 Swinger Project

-
Car is off the lift and the new front end is being assembled. Just trying to figure out a brake, master cylinder, and pro portioning valve combo. Mustang II front spindles...anyone?

WIL-140-11017-D - Wilwood Dynalite Pro Series Front Disc Brake Kits

These are the brakes I am looking at and will have 10 inch drums in rear.

Anyone? Was asking for some help on getting a front disc set up put together with 4 piston, master cylinder, and proportioning valve. The entire front is powder coated gloss black so color would be black on calipers. I think if I bother Hemi Denny again he will never sell me another k. I need part numbers for master cylinder and valve because when I run the part search summit site gets confused. Mustang II drop spindles for the brakes and mopar for the rest. Just a bit lost here. The link above is for the brakes.....

Car is off the lift and the process of assembling the new k and mounting the motor is underway next week.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,031
Complete front end and v6 k out. Will put it and the spare v8 k aside to sell or reuse on down the line. Hemi Denny parts laid out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,019
Drove up to VA today and spent some time with the 72. Mocked up the front suspension.

Attachments

• DSC_0563 (3).jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 975
Only one minor fab issue with oil pan. Going to stick with this pan, remove it, and notch it back.

Attachments

• DSC_0565 (3).jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 972
I mock-up using the 7qt Milodon #30930 and the sump is a little further rearward. Notching the front should work fine.

just a note... the sway brackets on the lower control arms should be on the front portion of the control arm, just swap them side to side.

Thanks Denny. I sent a note to Ron. Everything else look ok? All went right together. I thought about that pan, but did not want to get into ground clearance issues.

For initial setup on the control arm poly ends

Lowers.... 3.5" from the center of the LCA bump stop cross-tube to the LCA axle centerline.This can be checked prior to install by simply sliding the axle thru the installed poly ends. Additionally, this procedure will assure the poly ends are lined up if the axle slides thru both poly ends smoothly.

Uppers...only leave a thread or two showing.

The hub w/ rotor will measure appx 12" ....with the face of the spindle @ 9-5/8" off the framerail.

Anything...anytime, please do not hesitate to call / e-mail /text ...your choice

Well, no new picks. Picked up alot of small parts this week to get the emergency brakes to rear 11 inch drums set. Oil pan off and off to machine shop. Windage tray in moving along. More pics when I get em.

Ok. So Moser axles in place and all new brake hardware in except rear emergency brake cams. About to drop some significant money on brakes for front and the coil over shocks. Was looking at a radiator on here once again since I believe I am almost there. Pics when I get some more.

Off with the fan blade and on with this. A little cleaning and we should be good. Thanks FABO member Stan (dart540)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 978
Oil pan mods done. Back on motor. My good stainless for front and rear windows is now on its way to finishing the 74. Now the search continues for a set for this one!

HDK suspension with sway bar. Dart540 hooked me up with a meizere water pump and housing so fan is off and will install later.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 880
Previous photo showed a small clearance issue to oil pain. Pulled it, had it fabbed, painted and replaced. Put a windage tray in place while off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 863
This car was nearly stripped down for the race track when I got it. Thanks to everyone who has been helping me with trim pieces and such to make it NC street legal!

Gotta love the wife...I spend a couple grand and she brings home a garage decoration she got on sale because of a scratch. I need to give her a parts list!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,109
-
Back