73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Would hard anodizing the billet parts be an option?

Yes, actually I checked back in August with the local anodizing plating company for the Timing cover/motor plate combo, his recommendations were to remove all the stainless thread inserts (Heli-coils) and polish it up since the coting would dull it a few shades, his quote was $90.00 and turn around was 1 week.

Yes, actually I checked back in August with the local anodizing plating company for the Timing cover/motor plate combo, his recommendations were to remove all the stainless thread inserts (Heli-coils) and polish it up since the coting would dull it a few shades, his quote was $90.00 and turn around was 1 week.

are you going to send him a test piece to see if you like it?

are you going to send him a test piece to see if you like it?
Well since my thread Inserts are back in and my timing cover is installed, it wont be that piece...I have other plans in store. I must admit that all that shiny stuff looks pretty nice right now but......

Ross you just like telling stories, watching this build is like watching a tv thriller, you love watching the show and right when they got you on the edge of your seat. To be continued.......so goes the suspense, and we all can't get enough of the master.

Well my version of cool may be totally different than everybody else's.

Or maybe..... I just had to take a sudden bathroom break !!!!

Your vision is just as bad *** as it can get! Yours and tincups builds are another level of OMG CAR GUY COOL! 8) We wait with what did he do now drooling for the next update. Beats any tv show I could watch!

Your vision is just as bad *** as it can get! Yours and tincups builds are another level of OMG CAR GUY COOL! 8) We wait with what did he do now drooling for the next update. Beats any tv show I could watch!

Thanks 4.7 Light for the kind words...

It was a slow week as far as car progress goes and next week will be a total stand still since I have a Military commitment in Tucson, AZ for a week, at least its warmer there.
I did manage to start mocking up the Alternator mount out of 1/4" plexiglass and decided to re-make (for a 3rd time) the Power Steering bracket and mount it closer to the motor centerline (Vibration Damper) so that the Alternator and Power steering pump will both use a 26" length belt so I won't have to carry different length spares and it will also give more room for hoses and fittings on the drivers side. In the one pictures you can see the slack in the old 29.5" belt.

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 1,072
  • 016.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 1,059
  • 018.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 1,073
  • IMG_2462.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 1,068
  • IMG_2463.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 1,064
  • IMG_2464.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 1,071
Thanks 4.7 Light for the kind words...

It was a slow week as far as car progress goes and next week will be a total stand still since I have a Military commitment in Tucson, AZ for a week, at least its warmer there.
I did manage to start mocking up the Alternator mount and decided to re-make (for a 3rd time) the Power Steering bracket and mount it closer to the motor centerline (Vibration Damper) so that the Alternator and Power steering pump will both use a 26" length belt so I won't have to carry different length spares and it will also give more room for hoses and fittings. In the pictures you can see the slack in the old 29.5" belt.

smart move, I like it.

Looks sweet, kinda looks like a pair of Gatling guns coming at you, makes sense since that's one bad bullet.

I too have to chime in on your build.

I was darn proud of myself this weekend for replacing the inside door handle on my chevy truck in less than 15 minutes... until I look at your build posts.

The amazing work you do, in the time you do it, is simply amazing to me. The detail, thought and execution of your build is impressive to say the least. As much as I can't wait to see the car complete, I will surely miss the build updates.

Thanks for keeping us updated on the build.

As much as I can't wait to see the car complete, I will surely miss the build updates.

Thanks for keeping us updated on the build.

Thanks, but who knows I might start another build once I'm done with this one, There are a lot of things I would do different if I had a chance to but it's to late to make changes on this build, the next best thing would be find another A body and add them to it.

any news?

News ? Lets see....
1. Car isn't painted yet.
2. Just got short notice that I'm going on a Military deployment to a undisclosed Middle East location for about 5 months...there goes the entire car show season.
3. Received a job offer from Patrick AFB, FL (Cocoa Beach) that would start immediately after the deployment. They've building a new building with all new equipment and It comes with lots of opportunities for advancement.(All Good News)..... (The Bad News) I don't see the car getting finished living in a condo near the beach, If I accept the Job. Wife has to quit her job and going to one income.

I'm really trying to figure out how to keep the car and take the job...Anyone interested in a high end project car ?

I have been working on it a little.....Finished up the Alternator mount and got my 26.7" belts from KRC Power Steering and a Billet Specialties Black D shaped steering wheel with contrast cuts to match the Billet buttons on the dash.

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 794
  • 015.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 810
  • 010.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 791
  • 005.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 790
  • 004.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 791
Good luck Ross, whichever route you choose. I'm sure everyone would agree we would hate to not see you finish your Duster, the project is top shelf and then some. I'm taking my car to the Nats this year, was hoping this August I would meet you as well as some other familiar members on here.

News ? Lets see....
1. Car isn't painted yet.
2. Just got short notice that I'm going on a Military deployment to a undisclosed Middle East location for about 5 months...there goes the entire car show season.
3. Received a job offer from Patrick AFB, FL (Cocoa Beach) that would start immediately after the deployment. They've building a new building with all new equipment and It comes with lots of opportunities for advancement.(All Good News)..... (The Bad News) I don't see the car getting finished living in a condo near the beach, If I accept the Job. Wife has to quit her job and going to one income.

I'm really trying to figure out how to keep the car and take the job...Anyone interested in a high end project car ?

Life happens, but it sounds like this all good. Good luck with whatever you decide, and get home safely.

Thank you for your service.

-Chris

Ross Im still at a loss for words, I wish there was a way I could help.
Andrew

Thanks Andrew

Good luck Ross, whichever route you choose. I'm sure everyone would agree we would hate to not see you finish your Duster, the project is top shelf and then some. I'm taking my car to the Nats this year, was hoping this August I would meet you as well as some other familiar members on here.

Yea I really bummed about not making it to the Nats...not for the unorganized show but for the group of people I get to hang out with at the Tent and Holiday inn Express(funny I don't feel smarter the next day...must be the excessive amount of Rum.)

Life happens, but it sounds like this all good. Good luck with whatever you decide, and get home safely.

Thank you for your service.

-Chris

Oh, it's all good..... no complaints and your welcome, actually looking forward to everything except the car issue.

Ross - good luck with whichever path you choose! I saw a lot of car show activity when I last visited Orlando. Maybe you can find a place with a garage for your car.

Thanks Andrew
Yea I really bummed about not making it to the Nats...not for the unorganized show but for the group of people I get to hang out with at the Tent and Holiday inn Express(funny I don't feel smarter the next day...must be the excessive amount of Rum.)

First of all, allegedly... besides, some of us stayed at the Best Western.

Attachments

• IMG_4973s.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 726
-
Back