73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Ross - good luck with whichever path you choose! I saw a lot of car show activity when I last visited Orlando. Maybe you can find a place with a garage for your car.

Thanks ..I'm going down to Cocoa Beach in a couple weeks to scout out places to live and a nice garage is defiantly on the wanted list. I hope it all works out... that damn steering wheel I just bought wasn't cheap.

Thanks ..I'm going down to Cocoa Beach in a couple weeks to scout out places to live and a nice garage is defiantly on the wanted list. I hope it all works out... that damn steering wheel I just bought wasn't cheap.

WHAT, do you think they are going to steal the steering wheel and leave the car?

WHAT, do you think they are going to steal the steering wheel and leave the car?

I was just referencing spending more money when I might decide to sell it. I do think I will buy an intake and carb to get it running if I take it to Florida.

Okay, it might take till the year 20?? But the plan is to keep the car and eventually drag it to Cocoa Beach and finish it .Check back in a couple years and we'll see where it's at... Where's Search and Restore or Overhaulin' when you need them ? Damn..... Now I need to add A/C and make another custom bracket, better order a longer serpentine belt.

Okay, it might take till the year 20?? But the plan is to keep the car and eventually drag it to Cocoa Beach and finish it .Check back in a couple years and we'll see where it's at... Where's Search and Restore or Overhaulin' when you need them ? Damn..... Now I need to add A/C and make another custom bracket, better order a longer serpentine belt.

:happy1:

That will give me some time to catch up!

Happy to hear you are keeping the dream alive, but I would be a liar if I said I didn't think about buying the k from ya.

:happy1:

That will give me some time to catch up!

Happy to hear you are keeping the dream alive, but I would be a liar if I said I didn't think about buying the k from ya.

The problem with that was the only way I would sell that was with the motor attached to it. Remember it's made to only work with my front timing cover.
I did receive a standing $$$$$$$ offer last night of $15K as is, I said "that's about how much is in the motor with the FAST EFI and without the all the custom made parts". I obviously declined.

The problem with that was the only way I would sell that was with the motor attached to it. Remember it's made to only work with my front timing cover.
I did receive a standing $$$$$$$ offer last night of $15K as is, I said "that's about how much is in the motor with the FAST EFI and without the all the custom made parts". I obviously declined.

did you ask him to pass the crack pipe?

all is good, i am going to continue marching down the stock-type suspension path, I can always change it later. But most likely when I build the challenger for my wife it will get all the benefits of my experience and dream build parts.

No, but I sort of chuckled then I ran down the laundry list of parts and prices and stopped when I got to double of what his offer was...and I was just getting warmed up.

Keep the car .......... store it for a few years .. finish it when things gets science out in Florida ............... you wont regret it!

Keep the car .......... store it for a few years .. finish it when things gets science out in Florida ............... you wont regret it!

That's the plan. It was nice visiting with you Sunday. By the way Southside was a friggin' blast, ate and drank bad for 3 days but damn, it was worth it.

That's the plan. It was nice visiting with you Sunday. By the way Southside was a friggin' blast, ate and drank bad for 3 days but damn, it was worth it.

This makes me happy........ I would have only offered 12K! What are friends for?

The South Side is a blast for sure!!!!

I'm sure the USAF has a hanger or two not in use.

Just place a "restricted area" sign
on the door.

Easy-peasy

Ross, if your not busy Wednesday try to come back to Pittsburgh. Denny and John are coming to drop the Barracuda and do a little bench racing.

Sorry, my days are all accounted for till I leave...lets see I'm going to go to Florida for a week and do some house hunting, get my house ready to sell, take a vacation in Punta Cana, work on the car some, get ready for a deployment and try to breathe once in a while.

But thanks for the offer....It's nice to be thought of.

Howdy Ross. I've been a bit tied up and haven't checked in in a while. Had to go back a ways just to catch up. Sorry to hear that the car still isn't painted. Checking out your latest mods. Fantastic. On the deployment, it will go fast. Prayers will be with you. On keeping the car, Thank you. No one else could finish this car like you. We'll wait for you to do your thing. Keep us posted. Congrats, Good luck, Stay strong.:coffee2:

Howdy Ross. I've been a bit tied up and haven't checked in in a while. Had to go back a ways just to catch up. Sorry to hear that the car still isn't painted. Checking out your latest mods. Fantastic. On the deployment, it will go fast. Prayers will be with you. On keeping the car, Thank you. No one else could finish this car like you. We'll wait for you to do your thing. Keep us posted. Congrats, Good luck, Stay strong.:coffee2:

I was wondering what happened to you, I missed reading your comments and thought I might have made a said something that pissed you off...I do that from time to time. To be honest the future of the car is still up in the air and really depends on what I find for a place to live and work on the car but for now it's staying, I actually am very excited about the deployment, without jeopardizing National Security I will say part of the time will be at a familiar location and the other half will be some place new and that's always interesting and exciting......thank you for your kind
words and welcome back.

Ross, if your not busy Wednesday try to come back to Pittsburgh. Denny and John are coming to drop the Barracuda and do a little bench racing.

Sorry I missed you at the restaurant, certain "farmer" should have called me when you were here. Glad the car isn't for sale, finish it! -Don

Sorry I missed you at the restaurant, certain "farmer" should have called me when you were here. Glad the car isn't for sale, finish it! -Don

Yea, at least I would have somebody to drink with...."Hemi" Farmer was sipping coffee while I was downing Rum and Cokes, but he's was, as always, a great host. It might be tough to finish from a Beach parking lot or occasionally when I visit the cold north over the holidays but I'm going to give it my best effort. I did spent the day welding on some new Mod's to the body...(sorry, there not going to be made public yet)

No Ross you didn't piss me off. It's been a bear of a year. My wife, "What's her name" , fell and had to have full hip replacement. Problems with house, daughter having major issues, and trying to work in between. just not much time. Good news is the car has made it into the garage. Not much has happened yet but hopefully soon. And here you are talking more body mods. Looking forward to them.:coffee2:

And here you are talking more body mods. Looking forward to them.:coffee2:

Well....there not really "Body" mods, more like some interior additions that require some unique fabrication and welding to make functional. That's all I'm saying, Sorry no pictures, I don't want all my idea's 'Borrowed" and on the street before I either finish or sell the car.

.....I'm going on a Military deployment to a undisclosed Middle East location
for about 5 months......
I wonder if this is just an elaborate ruse to try to synchronize the finish date
for the mechanical portion of the build with that projected by the painter.

Well....there not really "Body" mods, more like some interior additions that require some unique fabrication and welding to make functional. That's all I'm saying, Sorry no pictures, I don't want all my idea's 'Borrowed" and on the street before I either finish or sell the car.

So in regards to the Ejector seat, are you going to trigger it from the stick or the steering wheel?
Andrew

I check in daily on this post and watch your build. I hope everything works out for you and I get to watch you finish the car.

-
Back