73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Stopped by to see the car today and it was scattered all over the garage...But I wasn't there for that, I was there to remove the center console bracket since I wont be needing it and make some templates for another Idea I'm kickin' around in my head. I didn't even ask when it would be painted this visit.

Attachments

• duster 001.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 871
  • duster 016.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 856
  • duster 015.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,200
  • duster 014.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,167
  • duster 021.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 867
  • duster 019.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 867
  • duster 002.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 870
Since I'm off today for MLK day I Stopped by Summit Racing and picked up a Power Steering Reservoir, my plan was to mount it above the pump like in the pictures. What's the general consensus ? Is it to Big to mount there ? Usually I go ahead and make the needed parts and scrap them if they don't work out but this time I thought I'd try a different approach. Maybe I should mount my Tall valve covers and induction system to get the true effect. The Reservoir will be centered more on the head but that's the only place I could get it to stand still long enough for the pictures :salute::salute:.

Attachments

• power steering 014.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 813
  • power steering 017.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 809
  • power steering 024.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 815
Sweet looking setup........ I think my wallet is accustomed to me saying that something looks good or I get a brilliant idea cause anytime either of those things happen money seems to appear out of my wallet and into my hand . Watching this thread doesn't help much lol

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Sweet looking setup........ I think my wallet is accustomed to me saying that something looks good or I get a brilliant idea cause anytime either of those things happen money seems to appear out of my wallet and into my hand . Watching this thread doesn't help much lol

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Trust me, the more I look at the front end setup, the more Ideas keep popping up...

G-Dub.gif
G-Dub.gif
G-Dub.gif
G-Dub.gif
G-Dub.gif
G-Dub.gif

I think it looks good but just throwing another idea out there, what if you built one shaped like cylinder head and mounted it where you have that one that way it would just disappear into the motor so to speak.

I think it looks good but just throwing another idea out there, what if you built one shaped like cylinder head and mounted it where you have that one that way it would just disappear into the motor so to speak.

I did think about a squared off design......not really cylinder shaped though.

Stopped by to see the car today and it was scattered all over the garage...But I wasn't there for that, I was there to remove the center console bracket since I wont be needing it and make some templates for another Idea I'm kickin' around in my head. I didn't even ask when it would be painted this visit.

Are you eliminating the center console, or just looking at a different way to mount it?

Please tell me those cardboard templates aren't for a cage...

Riddler
I would never Weld a cage in the car.....it would severly limit access to the rear seat, make it extremely difficult to get the 1 piece ABS headliner installed and tough to climb over the door bars.....that being said, I can see from the pics how you would come to that conclusion.

Any updates on your ride ?

I have just spent the last couple days going thru your thread and it seems to me that you have done a wonderful job so far without any input from me so carry on and i'll just sit back here watch and keep my mouth shut.... cool ride

I have just spent the last couple days going thru your thread and it seems to me that you have done a wonderful job so far without any input from me so carry on and i'll just sit back here watch and keep my mouth shut.... cool ride

I appreciate it, but sometimes I think I get tunnel vision and don't see things other folks might see so I require a little advice now and then.

I would never Weld a cage in the car.....it would severly limit access to the rear seat, make it extremely difficult to get the 1 piece ABS headliner installed and tough to climb over the door bars.....that being said, I can see from the pics how you would come to that conclusion.

Any updates on your ride ?

No updates other than buying parts. Being its been -20 to -40 the last few weeks. If it gets warmer I might head out and do something.

Riddler

Had a little extra time today to get the new "Slimline" Power Steering bracket made, I think it looks better....Top Picture is the old one, if you can call a part made 5 day ago old. Got a Fed ex tracking notification that the 170 Amp Alternator will be here tomorrow from Mechman !!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2433.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 728
  • IMG_2431.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 726
  • IMG_2427.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 720
  • power steering 024.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 755
Lookin' more like a hi-tech "Cup motor" every day. Very nice!

Thanks.....One of the guys from work said the Power Steering tank mounted to the Cylinder Head reminded him of a Dry Sump motor. I really need to get the Intake back onto get a better feel for the overall look. Here's a picture of the two brackets "Stacked" so show how much smaller the new one is.

Attachments

• IMG_2426.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 746
Fed Ex delivered my BilletTech Alternator today....now I just have to start making some brackets to mount the darn thing, this may be a little more involved that the Power Steering, my only concern down low is it interfering with the lower Radiator hose and the routing of it to the Radiator, There's about 5" between the outlet and the Alternator so I should have plenty of room to route something. Out of curiosity I thought about mounting it on the Drivers side cylinder head and also tried putting it where the Water Pump is and going with a remote mount pump for cooling but in the end I decided that passenger side down low looks best. I'm really impressed with this Alternator, Check out the output of this thing.....146 Amps@800 RPM and 174 Amps@1800 RPM !!!

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 695
  • 006.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 683
  • 010.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 671
  • 013.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 698
  • 012.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 674
Well since the Alternator pics drew crickets, this should really wow ya, UPS dropped off the rest of my pulleys, I know there only pulleys but I love the fact that you can adjust the offsets, pulley size and choice of serpentine, V-groove or HTD belt. After talking to KRC I swapped out the 4" crank for a 3.5" so my Power Steering will be 20% under driven instead of 10% with the 4". I also will be stacking on a 5.75" so my Alternator will be able to crank out as many Amps as possible at low RPM's. I also added a end cap with a 1 1/8" hex so I can use a socket or wrench to turn the motor over if needed. Boring stuff, but someone out there may be interested in this information. As always thanks for looking and following along.

ups.gif
ups.gif
ups.gif
ups.gif
ups.gif
ups.gif

Attachments

• duster 002.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 633
  • duster 003.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 620
  • duster 006.jpg