73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Not sure I've seen an engine so nice to the eyes. I do think it needs some color - maybe the valve covers.

The Motor Came home today so Now I can start Fabricating the Low mount Power Steering and Alternator Brackets to align everything horizontally with the KRC pulleys. Also UPS delivered my (uncovered) ABS headliner, so I can take that to my Upholstery shop and have her stitch it up to match my Seats (Black Cloth and Suede with red stitching).

G-Dub.gif
ups.gif

When I can't say it better than it has already been said, I leave it to the professionals:

tumblr_kzikf9lrja1qzoxl6o1_400.gif

The Motor Came home today so Now I can start Fabricating the Low mount Power Steering and Alternator Brackets to align everything horizontally with the KRC pulleys. Also UPS delivered my (uncovered) ABS headliner, so I can take that to my Upholstery shop and have her stitch it up to match my Seats (Black Cloth and Suede with red stitching).

G-Dub.gif
ups.gif

not sure if they have changed these any....but mine was HEAVY....plus I needed to do a small amount of tweeking (not to be confused with twerking) to get it to fit. If I remember, I did a little extra slicing on the corners.....and pre-fit the visors and rear view mirror.

May I suggest a "test fit" before it goes to the upholstery shop.

BTW....loved the pics of your ******

Not sure I've seen an engine so nice to the eyes. I do think it needs some color - maybe the valve covers.

Thanks Idaho, trust me the engine will get some color added, I have a couple ideas in mind but haven't nailed down the exact details on colors yet....all I know for now is it won't be Mopar orange or Blue.

I Always drive them the majority of the time except out of state excursions, where
I need to haul luggage, coolers and food.
If Denny drives too and you all get organized, I will be more than happy to follow you guys
with the truck and (emergency) enclosed trailer to haul all of your canopies, lawn chairs, luggage, tools, camera equipment, swap meet stuff, coolers, bar-b-ques, cases of iced tea
and 55 gallon drums of vodka.

Carlisle2013009_zps158279d9.jpg

If Denny drives too and you all get organized, I will be more than happy to follow you guys
with the truck and (emergency) enclosed trailer to haul all of your canopies, lawn chairs, luggage, tools, camera equipment, swap meet stuff, coolers, bar-b-ques, cases of iced tea

Thanks John, I had a quite a few Vodka and peach iced tea last week while watching Ohio state loose in the Orange bowl to Clemson. Special thanks to Jim (62BT409) for introducing me to that drink...........Also just noticed I hit a quarter of a million views (250,000). I wonder how many are mine ?

I'll be in the trailer...............................

May I suggest a "test fit" before it goes to the upholstery shop.

BTW....loved the pics of your ******

Thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to follow it.....as always.
Glad you like the pics of the ******. Of course, I will be changing it some to make it less Industrious and a little more curvy.

Today I started watching a Youtube video on how to make a paper airplane so Mark didn't feel alone.... but it was too confusing so I decided to make my KRC Power Steering pump mount instead, that's the bad part about making something like that Billet Timing cover, you have to make all the accessory stuff to go with it. The bracket still need's sanded and polished but everything is mocked up except the 30" 6 groove belt. I also got the timing cover drilled and tapped for the modified Chevy adjustable Billet timing pointer. I also ordered my BilletTech 170 Amp Alternator today, so once it arrives I can start working on mounting that also. Sorry Mark someday I'll get that Airplane made. Thanks for looking and following along.

Attachments

• duster 004.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 680
  • duster 006.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 677
  • duster 010.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 680
  • duster 011.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 671
  • duster 015.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 667
  • duster 016.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 692
  • duster 019.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 692
So, with the Meziere water pump, you will be spinning only this ultra-trick
power steering pump and the aforementioned equally high tech alternator?

Now your just showing off...lol. Love it, looks awesome. Gonna be starting on my 70 Duster build soon & will be referencing your build for ideas.

Today I started watching a Youtube video on how to make a paper airplane so Mark didn't feel alone.... but it was too confusing so I decided to make my KRC Power Steering pump mount instead, that's the bad part about making something like that Billet Timing cover, you have to make all the accessory stuff to go with it. The bracket still need's sanded and polished but everything is mocked up except the 30" 6 groove belt. I also got the timing cover drilled and tapped for the modified Chevy adjustable Billet timing pointer. I also ordered my BilletTech 170 Amp Alternator today, so once it arrives I can start working on mounting that also. Sorry Mark someday I'll get that Airplane made. Thanks for looking and following along.

Dude....... When you sent me the pic I couldnt believe my eyes....... looking great Ross. This looked great on my phone but on the PC it looks really, really nice...

just wondering if a bolt would work better here to tighten your belt. Would it be easier? or did I miss some super trick surprise?

Attachments

• duster%20016.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 641
Anyway to paint your hood clear?...as in see thru

Nice work.

So, with the Meziere water pump, you will be spinning only this ultra-trick
power steering pump and the aforementioned equally high tech alternator?

Exactly and the alternator will be mounted low and even with the crank pulley I'm hoping that between the Radiator cover and the mounting placement of the Power steering pump and Alternator everything will be hidden. I ordered the Alternator in a Black Hard Coat anodized finish to match everything else up front, I also will be stacking a 5.75" 6 groove pulley next to the 4" in the picture to drive the Alternator.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqF,!qMFBml6s2wWBQpqyMQ86Q~~60_35.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 632
just wondering if a bolt would work better here to tighten your belt. Would it be easier? or did I miss some super trick surprise?

Nope there's no surprise, I am going to make an adjustment tool that will go between the pulleys and will adjust the tension by turning a wrench, sort of like a tie rod center link...easy and simple to use. Something like in the picture.

Attachments

• thCA0SXJUZ.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 640
Anyway to paint your hood clear?...as in see thru

Nice work.

I saw this go thru Barrett Jackson last night has a dealer installed plexi glass hood and another one on a Oldsmobile. Makes the Corvette glass window look small.

Attachments

• 161563_Side_Profile_Web.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 634
  • thCA3DV5EU.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 625
Man that sure is a thing of beauty.
Thanks

I'd say carrying that "Who needs a Hemi for underhood eye candy" to new heights!
Thanks

Now your just showing off...lol. Love it, looks awesome. Gonna be starting on my 70 Duster build soon & will be referencing your build for ideas.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

What? No vacuum pump?

I can always add one later, if needed. In hind sight I should have thought ahead and incorporated these brackets into the timing cover. these brackets incorporated

Nope there's no surprise, I am going to make an adjustment tool that will go between the pulleys and will adjust the tension by turning a wrench, sort of like a tie rod center link...easy and simple to use. Something like in the picture.

Nice..........

Had a few Friend's stop by yesterday and have a few drinks to celebrate my dads B-day and decided that I'm going to Re-design the Power Steering pump bracket, the next one will be put on a smaller and take up less overall space. I will start to build my fluid reservoir that will mount above the pump tucked back next to the head and also hide the Edelbrock logo, I looked online and really didn't see a manufactured reservoir that I liked. stay tuned there will be some more changes coming....surprise...

Attachments

• IMG_2418.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 600
  • IMG_2419.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 603
  • IMG_2421.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 605
-
Back