73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
I know somebody that should have one of those timing pointers.
His engine is apart right now. Initials H. D.

Plus, that bracket wouldn't look as good with oil leaked all over it. (Harley Davidson reference, not Hemi Denny)
Since Oil is a Pertoleum based product which Gas comes from (and Denny's has been known to pass) I think that would apply to both H.D's....

See what happens to a build thread when the bodyman F's up the whole program!

It's not the first time this thread's gone in a direction like this...remember the whole B.S. discussion a few years back ? And the car wasn't even at the Bodyshop then.

I know somebody that should have one of those timing pointers.
His engine is apart right now. Initials H. D.

Okay John, I gotta come clean I knew which H.D you meant.. but why make one when you can buy one already to bolt on.

Attachments

• 2001073.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 759
Been enjoying your thread. I grew up right down the street from you on highline drive. My wife used to swim in the pool when the previous owners lived there back in the 80's.

Been enjoying your thread. I grew up right down the street from you on highline drive. My wife used to swim in the pool when the previous owners lived there back in the 80's.

Thanks....small world, my buddies Ex-wife(Jen) said the same thing about the pool... that's actually my parents house. I live 3.2 miles away..... how did you know where the car/house was ?(word of mouth, Pics, saw the car ..ect)

I recognized the pool and the bulding out back. I still get over there once in a while. I would like to check out your car sometime. Love what your doing.

Okay John, I gotta come clean I knew which H.D you meant.. but why make one when you can buy one already to bolt on.

Exactly what the Hemi Demon and the silver Duster have...except they sport a (HD modified) florescent orange tip on the pointer to make it easier to locate and read.

Exactly what the Hemi Demon and the silver Duster have...except they sport a (HD modified) florescent orange tip on the pointer to make it easier to locate and read.

Well it's a good thing I didn't follow John's lead and start making one or two, I don't know what I ever would have done with un-used part's that I've made...Denny, you need to keep John in the loop a little better.

I recognized the pool and the bulding out back. I still get over there once in a while. I would like to check out your car sometime. Love what your doing.

Thanks...give me a heads up when you want to stop by but I'd wait for the post when the car comes home from paint, since there's not much to see right now except a little ol' small block, a half finished Dash and a bunch of parts scattered around...Oh and a big box that says "***" on it.

The Motor Came home today so Now I can start Fabricating the Low mount Power Steering and Alternator Brackets to align everything horizontally with the KRC pulleys. Also UPS delivered my (uncovered) ABS headliner, so I can take that to my Upholstery shop and have her stitch it up to match my Seats (Black Cloth and Suede with red stitching).

G-Dub.gif
ups.gif

Attachments

• duster 003.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 721
  • duster 001.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 682
  • duster 028.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,082
  • duster 005.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 702
Glad to see the motor is back. Another milestone has been passed.

I've been telling people that motor has some *** behind it.

attachment.php

Glad to see the motor is back. Another milestone has been passed.

I've been telling people that motor has some *** behind it.

attachment.php

The Engine builder seems to real impressed with the way everything went together and the parts..... He thinks I will be surprised by the numbers it will pull.

-
Back