73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Good to hear your coming home. Hope your car finally gets paint. Take some well deserved rest. We'll see you back to work soon enough. Welcome home.:coffee2:

doesn't one of the R's (R and R) stand for RODDIN?...get crackin on that hot rod.....best way to unwind I know of!

See ya' soon
Stay safe.

Well I finally made it home from my deployment and after a couple quality days with my wife, went to see the Duster at its new location, of course it's not painted yet but it's getting real close...finally. The stripe color is on and there will be paint this week, I'm suppose to go pick it up next Sunday, at least the main body shell and the rest will be done in the following week. Not really much to show put here's a couple pics.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 679
  • 019.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 672
  • 024.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 684
  • 021.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 686
  • 020.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 692
  • 018.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 675
  • 015.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 689
  • 010.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 679
  • 007.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 671
  • 006.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 684
Nice! That's taken sure a long time. My ship is doing body work and then painting jams and engine bay. I then make it running/driving and it goes in for final paint.

That way if I scratch the primer putting the car together who cares it can fixed before paint.

Riddler

Nice! That's taken sure a long time. My ship is doing body work and then painting jams and engine bay. I then make it running/driving and it goes in for final paint.That way if I scratch the primer putting the car together who cares it can fixed before paint.Riddler

I'm gonna leave the fenders off for assembly, even though the driveline will be put in as an complete sub-assembly from the bottom.

Ross, Welcome back from your deployment-glad you're back safe. Thank you for your service to our country. Can't wait to see your Duster go back together. You do GREAT work! Mark

Ross, Welcome back from your deployment-glad you're back safe. Thank you for your service to our country. Can't wait to see your Duster go back together. You do GREAT work! Mark

Thanks Mark for the support and kind words....cant wait to get started back on it.

the color is gonna be something on your Duster...especially with all the subtle....and not-so subtle mods melted into it

Finally..some paint !!! the shell is getting painted today and I go pick it up tomorrow afternoon after some sanding and buffing.

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 580
  • 007.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 573
  • 017.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 579
  • 008.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 573
  • 002.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 587
Sorry for the crappy pics, I interrupted the painter while he was final sanding and there was dust everywhere.Once I get it home I'll take some quality photo's.

We are glad you are back home.

Now back to the small potatoes......when you say color....you mean painted?....done?....out of body shop?

We are glad you are back home.Now back to the small potatoes......when you say color....you mean painted?....done?....out of body shop?
Painted last night, Done.....pick it up today at 3 PM to bring the body home. The doors, fenders, hood and deck lid will be done in the next few weeks, I hope.....looks like I will have to get some UPol Raptor bed liner and spray it myself, I told him that's what I wanted in the inside but got paint instead and didn't feel like mentioning it again yesterday.....at this point I'm just glad to have something back to start bolting parts on. The engine goes to the Dyno guy next week who just happens to be a whiz at F.A.S.T Fuel injection systems and is also a distributor for them, so it will be good to go once I turn the key for the first time and he's only 5 miles away. October 8th I go pick up the Cope Racing Transmission and the goal is to have the driveline in before I go back to work October 22, but there's lots of parts that are getting anodized and others that need painted so that might not happen.

So the next pictures you will see of the car will be from back home again. Anybody that wants to stop by and check it out let me know.

so, any pics yet? and welcome home. ive got a friend that's still over there, and hoping he is safe and comes home as well.

thank you for all you do for our country.

Michael

well 25 months later..its not a complete car but it's a better than nothing.... I'm very happy with the paint ...it still needs a second wet sanding and buffing. I wasn't sure of the stripe color but once cleared I think it looks great. The custom small cowl vent turned out better than I expected. Enjoy.

Attachments

• 073.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 520
  • 075.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 527
  • 076.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 522
  • 077.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 514
  • 078.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 514
  • 081.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 523
  • 085.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 516
  • 086.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 520
  • 087.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 529
  • 067.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 536
so, any pics yet? and welcome home. ive got a friend that's still over there, and hoping he is safe and comes home as well. thank you for all you do for our country. Michael

Thanks Michael for the support and kind words.

AWESOME!

You know that if it looks straight in gloss black; it most certainly is!

(at least it looks black in the pics......or is it that dark metallic gray?)

Ooooooohhhhhhhh

Like glass....now comes the fun
Stock up on tape (protective)

-
Back