73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
I'm really happy with everything but to tell the truth I really would rather have the beach life than Cold Ohio so I could accept sacrificing the car for the ocean but that offer is long gone so full steam ahead on the build.

I saw all the sand in the pics....but not the beaches. Do the ladies get to wear a bikina burkas?

Can't wait to lay eyes on that thing Wednesday!

I told Tom(the Painter)you guys were stopping by to see the car and it would be nice to have the fenders on so you can get a better viewing experience.....there suppose to be delivered today! No word on the engine, I was suppose to pick it up yesterday.

Ross you better get over here soon before car gets buried.

I picked up some paint (same color as the stripe) for the engine, transmission and fuel cell, since the motor is still bolted to the Dyno and I had the perfect day I started with the transmission and fuel cell but really think its a little too dark... so I might repaint everything in a metallic silver.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 593
Good move on the fenders. The Duster shines in the pictures. Can't wait to see it in person.

Progress.....I haven't seen it sitting like this since Denny and I mocked up the HDK over
2 1/2+ years....this time it's bolted in for good. Still have to adjust the ride height..needs to drop another inch or so. Fenders coming tomorrow, plenty of time before the Laube visit.

Attachments

• 028.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 567
  • 026.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 594
  • 023.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 575
  • 012.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 592
  • 008.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 571
  • 007.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 579
Wow, that looks awesome. Color really gives it an aggressive look. I wish I was closer, I would love to see that in person. Love the color scheme, very sharp.

Wow, that looks awesome. Color really gives it an aggressive look. I wish I was closer, I would love to see that in person. Love the color scheme, very sharp.

Thanks JR (Frank). Fenders and Door handles are actually getting dropped off tonight but it conflicts with "The Walking Dead" so I wont be meeting him at the build site.

Thanks JR (Frank). Fenders and Door handles are actually getting dropped off tonight but it conflicts with "The Walking Dead" so I wont be meeting him at the build site.

LOL, JR is fine. I am DVRing The Walking Dead. I have a 2 year old and a 7 year old that think they need to watch. So I have to wait for them to go to sleep. My stomach got a little queasy at the end of last weeks when they were eating his BBQ'd leg while talking to him about it. :puke:

LOL, JR is fine. I am DVRing The Walking Dead. I have a 2 year old and a 7 year old that think they need to watch. So I have to wait for them to go to sleep. My stomach got a little queasy at the end of last weeks when they were eating his BBQ'd leg while talking to him about it. :puke:

I work with a guy who DVR's "the Dead" and watches it the next day when it's daylight and he can watch something funny after it because it freak's him out and can't go to bed right after it's over....but he still loves it.

I do accident and crime scene investigation and reconstruction and have seen some nasty things in my career, but eating that guys leg really hit the spot for me. I am just glad I wasn't eating rotisserie chicken while watching that part. Just crunching on the burnt skin and talking about how he taste.
It is much more dramatic when you are watching it on a 48" flat screen, in the dark.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IyMfq_e2qg"]The Walking Dead 5x02 Gareth Eats Bob's Leg / Tainted Meat Ending Scene - YouTube[/ame]

Hey Ross, I am planning on sending a trunk lid with the Laube boys for Dave's Dart. Does it have the trim on the edge? Have one with trim holes and one without - both have wing bracket cut-outs. -Don

Hey Ross, I am planning on sending a trunk lid with the Laube boys for Dave's Dart. Does it have the trim on the edge? Have one with trim holes and one without - both have wing bracket cut-outs. -Don

Thanks Don.....Dad's Dart needs the holes for the trim.

Ross....thanks for the up-close and personal sneak peek of your Duster.....it is gonna be a crowd pleaser.

Looks like I lost a few pictures with the fenders on...here's a few that were lost and 1 of the motor in color. I might be repainting the motor tomorrow to a little darker color.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 515
  • 003.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 496
  • 004.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 503
  • 009.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 509
  • 007.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 505
  • engine2.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 517
Ross....thanks for the up-close and personal sneak peek of your Duster.....it is gonna be a crowd pleaser.

Thanks, glad you liked it...I didn't think you'd pick up so quickly that it looked smaller than a normal Duster, now you know why it was really at the body shop so long...good eye and thanks for the parts delivery.

-
Back