73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Nope still on jack stands..making some modifications to the Modifications. Currently Modifying the Transmission Cross/ Torsion Bar mount to allow more room for the exhaust. Truthfully I'm not in any big hurry to get it done because I'll get bored and have to start looking for something else to build.

Yeah, I'm afraid that's how mine will be once it gets to the point yours is. Being in Akron, you're not far from the Nats in August, you could unveil her there :burnout:

. Being in Akron, you're not far from the Nats in August, you could unveil her there :burnout:

That was and still is the plan....Just not this year, somewhere in the beginning of this tread(over4years ago) I said I was planning on a 2015 debut at the Mopar Nationals, in fact I was just discussing this with Old Man Mopar last week and was telling him it was very doubtful I was going to make it this year. I just have too many commitments to have enough time to get it done.

I rolled my silver Duster back into the shop today....

first thing i did was measure the rockers......yours is gonna be 2-1/2" lower than the lowest I can get the silver car.......head shaker.

He has more ground clearance than mine @ 2.5" lower.....quite the look!

He has more ground clearance than mine @ 2.5" lower.....quite the look!
I found these pictures back on page 49...just to confirm the numbers from initial mock-up.

Attachments

• duster%20033.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 556
  • duster%20034.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 551
That was and still is the plan....Just not this year, somewhere in the beginning of this tread(over4years ago) I said I was planning on a 2015 debut at the Mopar Nationals, in fact I was just discussing this with Old Man Mopar last week and was telling him it was very doubtful I was going to make it this year. I just have too many commitments to have enough time to get it done.

Yeah, better to take your time at this point than rush it and not be happy with it after all the time, effort and money spent.

.....and most if all

Enjoy.....

For some, the creativity of the build is what it is all about.

Nope still on jack stands..making some modifications to the Modifications. Currently Modifying the Transmission Cross/ Torsion Bar mount to allow more room for the exhaust. Truthfully I'm not in any big hurry to get it done because I'll get bored and have to start looking for something else to build.

Yeah but all of us need closure hahahaha. Joking looking great! :happy1:

Yeah but all of us need closure hahahaha. Joking looking great! :happy1:
It will get there just probably not before the Nats...then we'll all have some satisfaction. On a side note and more importantly, I was very sad to hear of the Passing of Mr. Tom Hoover, Unfortunately I never had a chance to meet the man, just spoke on the phone a few times regarding his motor in my Dad's Dart but it is still sad to hear the bad news of such a legend. R.I.P Mr. Hoover you will be missed.

Attachments

• TomHooverCarlisle2005.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 469
It will get there just probably not before the Nats...then we'll all have some satisfaction. On a side note and more importantly, I was very sad to hear of the Passing of Mr. Tom Hoover, Unfortunately I never had a chance to meet the man, just spoke on the phone a few times regarding his motor in my Dad's Dart but it is still sad to hear the bad news of such a legend. R.I.P Mr. Hoover you will be missed.

That is sad.............

I haven't had much time for the car lately but did manage to re-make the Water Pump fittings, once everything is mocked up I'll send them out to get anodized all Black.

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 446
  • 012.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 438
  • 008.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 434
  • 005.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 441
  • 001.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 436
I haven't had much time for the car lately but did manage to re-make the Water Pump fittings, once everything is mocked up I'll send them out to get anodized all Black.

I am considering a remote pump also. Do you have one picked out yet?

You know that you can get into trouble borrowing parts off of F-35's don't you?

This is budget build remember....I can't afford the cost of F-35 parts......of course it looks like even the Military can't either.

Attachments

• imagesK394ZY04.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 336
I need to borrow you for a bit to fab some stuff on my duster :D

This one was a learning process...if there is a second one (and I doubt it) there would be lots of things done differently.....maybe I should send you the fabricated stuff that I didn't use or all the prototypes, that might help.

I admire how innovative you are....doing everything possible to make your Duster....

"the bitchin'..est car in the valley" (the Toad / American Graffiti)

-
Back