73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
This is budget build remember....I can't afford the cost of F-35 parts......of course it looks like even the Military can't either.

:bs::bs::bs::bs:

I wouldnt call your car a budget build...at least not a low budget build. Looks too good for that.

:bs::bs::bs::bs:

I wouldnt call your car a budget build...at least not a low budget build. Looks too good for that.

Yea, I guess it must be from rehearsing that statement to the Wife sort of like Muscle memory...I always tell her that I'm building this car on a limited budget, I just don't include the part about how limited or Un-limited it is.

Yea, I guess it must be from rehearsing that statement to the Wife sort of like Muscle memory...I always tell her that I'm building this car on a limited budget, I just don't include the part about how limited or Un-limited it is.

I will have to remember that one. I been using the ole I am selling the old parts to "help" pay for the new ones :)

I will have to remember that one. I been using the ole I am selling the old parts to "help" pay for the new ones :)

Already used that one on the updated Water Pump from Mezerie.....Actually, I told the truth on that one. I will be selling the nice Chrome one in all the pictures after I make sure the new system will work and fit the way I want it to.

Attachments

• duster%20017.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 517
I have noticed that at a lot of Air Force installations there is a retired fighter
or such posed on a post by the entrance. Any plans (in the budget, of course)
for such a display at any of the shops on the Findlay/Akron/Pittsburgh beltway?

HemiMark for one might not miss one.........at least not right away. If he did,
he could always just say "That one? It's right over there, on the post."

Say, that's not a bad idea. Ross, in your case you could just mount a wheel
on a post, to signify the one that Denny says you're always reinventing.

Say, that's not a bad idea. Ross, in your case you could just mount a wheel
on a post, to signify the one that Denny says you're always reinventing.

I would use this wheel but it blew my Budget...and I can't sacrifice it.

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 497
I finished the Transmission Crossmember modification and now the collectors clear the floor pan... what a Pain the ***, Hopefully it's the only thing I overlooked while it was on the Rotisserie.
I also picked up the New Mezerie Remote Water Pump and tried to get a feel for the Mounting location.....but I need to un-modify the Modified lower Radiator outlet, it looks like it will tuck in as planned and get a few more WTF looks and comments once all plumbed in.

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 480
  • 016.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 487
  • 011.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 509
  • 022.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 494
  • 020.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 500
  • 002.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 504
I wouldn't worry. It takes a long time to convene a Congressional Oversite Committee
and when they do they are basically worthless.

I finished the Transmission Crossmember modification and now the collectors clear the floor pan... what a Pain the ***, Hopefully it's the only thing I overlooked while it was on the Rotisserie.
I also picked up the New Mezerie Remote Water Pump and tried to get a feel for the Mounting location.....but I need to un-modify the Modified lower Radiator outlet, it looks like it will tuck in as planned and get a few more WTF looks and comments once all plumbed in.

I know for a fact your not on a budget! Ha! BTW, looking super sweet!

Mark

.....As we scratch away at the cause for budget overruns. It is looking extra sweet though!

Would it have helped if I said I had a discount coupon for Summit to help stay within Budget ?
I just want to make the motor look as unique as possible, and I thought this would add to that.

I have never seen a remote water pump that I can recall. So you can mark this one . . . mission accomplished! L8r

I modified the lower Radiator mount and installed a 90 degree elbow to connect to the bottom of the Water pump, I still need to make a different mount, the one provided will not work for my application(no Surprise there). I might change the longer hose and use a straight end and route it to see if it looks better.

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 444
  • 023.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 449
  • 021.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 452
  • 020.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 458
  • 026.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 448
  • 011.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 448
Well, that is a tech first and I hope it works well. Very nice with your signature
black braided hose.

That engine compartment belongs full and large on a magazine cover.

Ross somewhere in the 160 pages I know there is prob an answer to this question but I dont remember seeing it so here goes.

Earlier in your build when you were still 73 front and rear clip and spent all that time working the hood for the SRT scoop. When you changed to 70 style front end for the Sharktooth grill did you modify the hood more or buy a 1 piece fiberglass?

Some pictures I see metal and then some of the pictures in the body shop it looks fiberglass, but that could be the materials used to mold it.

If you did use a fiberglass hood what company did you get it and were you pleased with it?

Thanks

Ross somewhere in the 160 pages I know there is prob an answer to this question but I dont remember seeing it so here goes.

Earlier in your build when you were still 73 front and rear clip and spent all that time working the hood for the SRT scoop. When you changed to 70 style front end for the Sharktooth grill did you modify the hood more or buy a 1 piece fiberglass?

Some pictures I see metal and then some of the pictures in the body shop it looks fiberglass, but that could be the materials used to mold it.

If you did use a fiberglass hood what company did you get it and were you pleased with it?

Thanks

Yes, I switched to a fiberglass hood...I contacted VFN and they molded a AAR scoop on one of there hinged style. That being said, there is a ton of hours to get it to my satisfaction. I wanted the bottom to be completely finished off and smooth, not the as shipped unfinished fiberglass, I also wanted a larger Air opening so I made an Aluminum plate and redesigned the opening along with having the front re-contoured. There also is an aluminum support to reduce the flex in the mid section of the raised scoop. Once I get the hood back from paint again (I wasn't happy with the underside finish) I'll post some pictures to show some details. Oh, there was also some Aluminum hood pin support/gussets so when you look through the hole it looks completely Solid. I was happy that they were the only one willing to make something a little different from there normal catalog stuff and would have been fine if I wasn't so picky.

I switched to a fiberglass hood...I contacted VFN and they molded an AAR scoop on one of their hinged styles. That being said, there is a ton of hours to get it to my satisfaction. I wanted the bottom to be completely finished off and smooth, not the as shipped unfinished fiberglass, I also wanted a larger air opening so I made an aluminum plate and redesigned the opening along with having the front re-contoured. There also is an aluminum support to reduce the flex in the mid section of the raised scoop.
Like I said.......

Cool I like the looks of that hood. I thought about trying to mold in the first new challenger style hood and seeing how that would look. Kinda like the picture Spike posted a while back. Carhoods.com has been saying they are coming out with a bolt on SRT style hood for a couple years now :???:

Attachments

• DSCN3895.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 423
-
Back