73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
No secret on this one...It came from Hemi Denny. It's a hell of a nice system and doesn't cost nearly as much as the other mopar systems out there.

Ross, looks like you have made a lot of progress. How long will it be in the body shop? :thumblef:

Ross, looks like you have made a lot of progress. How long will it be in the body shop? :thumblef:

The car is ready to go, I wont be taking it to him till after the Nat's in two weeks. I could keep it and mock up more and more fittings, lines and components but enough is enough, in September it will be two years that I started this project and boy has it snowballed !!!!! To answer your question.....It is "scheduled" to be gone approximatley 4 months, that means Merry Christmas to me !!!!!!...Hopefully.

The car is ready to go, I wont be taking it to him till after the Nat's in two weeks. I could keep it and mock up more and more fittings, lines and components but enough is enough, in September it will be two years that I started this project and boy has it snowballed !!!!! To answer your question.....It is "scheduled" to be gone approximatley 4 months, that means Merry Christmas to me !!!!!!...Hopefully.

for me your going to have to give a better discription of the timeline. Your talking 2012 right? :toothy8:

for me your going to have to give a better discription of the timeline. Your talking 2012 right? :toothy8:

Purchased : September 2010
Off to paint and body work : August 2012
Return from paint : December 2012**
Mopar Nats : August 2014**

**Subject to change due to circumstances beyond my control.

man mad respect . you just made me take my 73 to a whole new level . ive had my car since i graduated 06 due to becoming diabetec and all the money spending till now has cost me so much but i rather have my health first. . the only ive even enrolled in college for automotive tech and welding and fabricating . . man cant wait to post my pics up once it fixed unfortunately for now itll be rustin a bit longer next to a 340 i got next to it also sitting there. . . ill just keep on reading your thread cant wait to see it finished . . .

No secret on this one...It came from Hemi Denny. It's a hell of a nice system and doesn't cost nearly as much as the other mopar systems out there.

hope to see more on your K frame,,,good luck at the body shop,, i guess this tread will be a little slow for a few monthsl,,,,,

hope to see more on your K frame,,,good luck at the body shop,, i guess this tread will be a little slow for a few monthsl,,,,,

My Body guy is going to take lots of photo's, not only for me but also for his own portfolio so I'll have those rolling in. I also have lots of sub assemblies to modify and redo so I have those to post so I will try to keep posting that stuff.

My Body guy is going to take lots of photo's, not only for me but also for his own portfolio so I'll have those rolling in. I also have lots of sub assemblies to modify and redo so I have those to post so I will try to keep posting that stuff.

THANKS,,,, im liking the looks of the K frame,,,

Purchased : September 2010
Off to paint and body work : August 2012
Return from paint : December 2012**
Mopar Nats : August 2014**

**Subject to change due to circumstances beyond my control.

Why are you planning to wait until Aug 2014 instead of Aug 2013 to attend the Nats? Can't assemble that quickly?

Riddler

Why are you planning to wait until Aug 2014 instead of Aug 2013 to attend the Nats? Can't assemble that quickly?

Riddler

It's a simple factor of $$$$$$, all the free labor saving stuff is done now I just need to buy parts.....custom interior (dash alone will be close to $3000.00), engine and trans, glass and trim....all will take time as the money free's up. I actually plan on being done in the spring of 2014.

Makes perfect sense to me. I'm in the same boat. In fact my entire build is a cash build. No credit will be applied.

Riddler

Its startling how fast one burns through money on projects like this.

Decided to get started on the dash, so I went to Summit Racing and picked up some modern style vent's and made a new dash top plate to install them and remove the speaker grille at the same time. I decided to measure the track width on the trailer ramps compared to my home made car dolly and wouldnt you know it, my dolly wheels aren't wide enough(second pic). So I made some adapter plates to "kick" the wheels out 7 inches per side now my track width is 56". That would have been been a bad experience to try and load it up the morning it's going to the body shop and realize it wasn't going to work. Also designed a "new" Duster emblem, I havent decided if I'm gonna use it or not, I might cut it into the glove box door to make it another one off piece instead of attaching it to it like in the pic.

Attachments

• duster 024.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 1,045
  • duster 019.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 1,028
  • duster 037.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 1,051
  • duster 029.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 1,037
  • duster 031.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 1,051
  • duster 045.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 1,055
I changed the defrost vent design, it just looked to flat so I decided to set the vent down in the dash and give it some style, so now there set 1/4" below the level of the dash. I also switched out the turn style glove box door for a earlier push button style, I think it gives the aluminum insert a cleaner look.

Attachments

• 027.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 948
  • 026.JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 950
  • 030.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 2,016
  • 038.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 944
  • 032.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 950
  • 034.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 950
Did you make a new glove box panel? Or did you welded up the whole for the turn style, cut the hole for the button and re-brushed the aluminum?

Looks great.

Did you make a new glove box panel? Or did you welded up the whole for the turn style, cut the hole for the button and re-brushed the aluminum?

Looks great.

No I just swapped it out with Mark from Peak Dashes, I was hoping it fit a little better at the top but it still will need some work.

This build you are doing inspired me to get moving on my plans! Awesome work you are doing. Im gathering stuff right now for a 2nd gen 4.7L in a Duster. Something different I have not seen done yet. Thanks.

I changed the defrost vent design, it just looked to flat so I decided to set the vent down in the dash and give it some style, so now there set 1/4" below the level of the dash. I also switched out the turn style glove box door for a earlier push button style, I think it gives the aluminum insert a cleaner look.

After talking to you this weekend the boys and I have name your car "The super sled 5000 XL Sport.

-
Back