73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
BS....she all of 115....but when she's on the warpath...you'd think she's way bigger!!

maybe she was the mystery driver in Marks Hemi Barracuda when it got weighed for the PA state inspection..someone weighed only 111 lbs......and that definatley eliminates Mark....

Attachments

• photo8.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,221
wow...Thanks

we are often compared with three celebrities, but I don't watch much TV or movies so I'm not really sure who they are.
Some guys named ..Larry, Moe, and Curly

ever heard of these guys?

Ruff, ruff, ruff - woob, woob, woob, woob woob woob wooooooooo, nyeaaaaaaa!

Have no idea who you are referring to ? ? ?

Typical scene at the shop.

2321.jpg

Got a few parts back from the media blaster and then epoxy primed, started fitting the ultra cool Hotchkis hood pins. The bottom 1/2"-20 nut will be welded to the bottom side of the fender since these are 73' fenders and dont have the proper access hole. The radiator/fans and trannsmission cooler are mocked up, I tried to hide the mounting points and avoid the typical side tab mount. Finally I decided to make an adjustable dash mounting jig so I can fully assemble it on the bench while keep it from flexing at the same time.

Attachments

• duster 004.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,101
  • duster 007.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,090
  • duster 010.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,096
  • duster 024.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,115
  • duster 018.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,118
  • duster 025.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 1,109
  • duster 027.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,117
  • duster 029.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,276
  • duster 034.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,104
  • duster 002.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,321
Neat looking hood pin. Your dash jig will come in real handy and make the process easier, I like it!

I love those hood pins, but my hood is too curved to use them.

Got a few parts back from the media blaster and then epoxy primed, started fitting the ultra cool Hotchkis hood pins. The bottom 1/2"-20 nut will be welded to the bottom side of the fender since these are 73' fenders and dont have the proper access hole. The radiator/fans and trannsmission cooler are mocked up, I tried to hide the mounting points and avoid the typical side tab mount. Finally I decided to make an adjustable dash mounting jig so I can fully assemble it on the bench while keep it from flexing at the same time.

Dude, I love you. Your the only person I know that would weld together a stand to hold his dash..........

The dash stand is a great Idea Ross. Will make assembly much easier than trying to assemble in the car.

I was also thinking the 'dash jig/stand' was pretty creative..

Thanks, I have to admit I was watching Junkyard Carz, and noticed they were completely assemblying a dash on a stand and I decided to make one real quick that will sit on top of a workbench....also will be great for painting and all the Modifications I plan on doing to the dash.

Thanks, I have to admit I was watching Junkyard Carz, and noticed they were completely assemblying a dash on a stand and I decided to make one real quick that will sit on top of a workbench....also will be great for painting and all the Modifications I plan on doing to the dash.
You should make a few more and sell them. I would buy one.

You should make a few more and sell them. I would buy one.

Since I'm following your build there's no doubt that you could build one fairly easy. If my car was done I would consider building the dash stand along with several other little gadgets I've come up with over the years.

Well the painter stopped by today and looked over all the recent changes and modifications and we decided in about 2-3 weeks it will going to his place for the next 4-5 months....I have a few small things to finish up first, it's gonna be weird having it gone after almost 2 years of working on it but it's time to end my modifications and get to the shiny pretty paint. Woo Hoo.... :wav:

good time to get your K frame package, huh?

Actually I'll do a quick test fit (I don't know why) and then put it with all the other parts I've gathered to get installed once it's all pretty and shiney ....(after powder coating). Colors are staying the same. Trim might be getting a twist or two.

-
Back