73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Everytime I look at that spoiler, I like it more and more. When I was talking above, I was thinking something like this:[/QUOTE ]

Yea, once I get a little free time I might give that a try the one I mocked up was close to following those lines but was just made out of posterboard and I really didnt get the right effect. I'm wondering once I prime it to match the rest of the car how much it will blend in.

Everytime I look at that spoiler, I like it more and more. When I was talking above, I was thinking something like this:[/QUOTE ]

Yea, once I get a little free time I might give that a try the one I mocked up was close to following those lines but was just made out of posterboard and I really didnt get the right effect. I'm wondering once I prime it to match the rest of the car how much it will blend in.

I wouldnt over think it........ I love the look of the way that you have it now... just my 2 cents.... that and and another 1.50 wouldn't even get you a Tim Hortons coffee.

I wouldnt over think it........ I love the look of the way that you have it now... just my 2 cents.... that and and another 1.50 wouldn't even get you a Tim Hortons coffee.

I'm just gonna make a end cap and not the whole spoiler, for a quick visual look see. Overthinking is what I do best.......didn't you see my build ?

It took all day to mount the seats but it was no easy task....I could have jsut bolted them in but I would have all kinds of issues with the console and headroom. So I cut apart the seat mounting brackets and made new bolt mount tabs which lowered the seat over 1" (Wracks71 was right back in May when he told me I'd probally have to lower them) and then used the lowest factory hole (in the background of pic with tabs)and cut the other two off which gave me another 1/2". Then there was the issue of console clearance (The custom console is 10" wide) I couldnt move the seats out since the factory floor pan where a bench seat would mount was causing major problems so the only solution was to cut out the problem and replace it with a flat piece of steel..I still have to re-make the seat reinforcements, but that should be easy. So 8 hours later I had two mounted seats. Also recieved my dash from Peak Dashs, I'm sure there will be issues there from what I hear from other Members. But after 3 1/2 months I'm just happy to have something. I'm getting use to having to modify just about everything I buy for this car....more on that later.

Attachments

• duster 001.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,192
  • duster 021.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 1,149
  • duster 020.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,091
  • duster 017.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,152
  • duster 015.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1,116
  • duster 009.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,151
  • duster 008.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,136
  • duster 005.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1,129
  • duster 002.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,148
that'll give you a smoooooooth ride, Mr Bandit!

They are comfortable, I sat in the driver seat for 20 minutes trying to get a feel for things should go and swear my back felt better with all the support they have. I might have to modify them by re-working the frame and remove the bat wing so they look like a regular bucket then have them re-stitched.You know me just cant leave something alone.

I'm not 100% on the rallye style seats, but didn't feel like dumping lots of $$$$$ in stock bucket seats since I didn't even have a set to begin with. When I found these I loved the material/color combo (Suede/cloth) and belt pass thru, but those damn shoulder bolster's are buggin me.

I was just looking at the quarter window thing today and wondered the same thing but how could or would it be possible? Has anybody attempted this? I need a little guidence here with this one.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Dusters would look far better as a hardtop. I think you should do it. It would be one of a kind if it wasnt already. I plan to do this to mine someday. As for the rolldowns, why must they roll down? Why can't they be made to just pop out and when you need them in, just pop them back in. I think thats the route I would take. I dont drive mine in the rain or cold so its not like I would have to constantly remove them. But back to youre car. Unbeleivable. Never thought anybody would put this kind of time and effort into a 1973.

So I got the center console and shifter brackets welded in and decided to play with my new dash...After a quick cut or two to make things roughly fit it tried to install the gauges and wouldn't you know it the 5" main gauges dont fit so I will have to grind away some aluminum to make the two parts play nice together, Surprise surprise more modifying.....at you can get a quick look at what will some day be a cool unique dash. Once the body is gone for several months I'll have time to make it all perfect.

Attachments

• duster 003.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,127
  • duster 004.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,083
  • duster 007.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,144
So I got the cemter console and shifter brackets welded in and decided to play with my new dash...After a quick cut or two to make things roughly fit it tried to install the gauges and wouldn't you know it the 5" main gauges dont fit so I will have to grind away some aluminum to make the two parts play nice together, Surprise surprise more modifying.....at you can get a quick look at what will some day be a cool unique dash. Once the body is gone for several months I'll have time to make it all perfect.

That dash looks bad *** !

That dash looks bad *** !

I wanted something different, with large in your face gauge's you can't help but notice...I'd have to say Mission accomplished. Just wait theres a red push button starter and unique L.E.D switches/buttons to get installed. Thanks

I wanted something different, with large in your face gauge's you can't help but notice...I'd have to say Mission accomplished. Just wait theres a red push button starter and unique L.E.D switches/buttons to get installed. Thanks

I considered a push button starter..... but I'm sticking with factory ignition, I cant wait to see yours.

Don't you just love it when you pay a chunk of cash for a part, and it don't fit!!!!

Don't you just love it when you pay a chunk of cash for a part, and it don't fit!!!!

That's become the standard for this car, either stuff doesn't
fit or I have to modify it since things are customized.

-
Back