73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
X2 :glasses7:

Okay since you guys were waiting to see it skinned I spent the day working on the rear spoiler ...I ended up using .050" 4130 steel, it added more weight than I wanted but not enough that the lid wouldn't stay up on it's own, I'll adjust the hinge springs later to help it out a llittle more. Anyway this thing is sturdy as can be ...I still have to finish off the part where the two frame pieces come together ,that shouldn't take more than 45 minutes but I ran out of time today, total invested time so far is 11 hours but I really expected to be spending 3-4 weeks on this project so It's not that bad of a job. I'm really glad that I stuck with steel and was able to fully weld it to the deck lid . Enjoy

Attachments

• duster 002.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 997
  • duster 016.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 2,185
  • duster 032.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 999
  • duster 029.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,004
  • duster 028.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,004
  • duster 019.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,760
  • duster 017.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 1,002
  • duster 013.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 1,904
  • duster 012.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,000
  • duster 005.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 993
Looks great, I love it. Did you think about feathering the spoiler right to the edge of the trunk lid (side to side)? I think that would give it a nice flowing look. Maybe even an oval LED flush 3rd brake light built into the spoiler.

Sure hope you don't change your mind.....Looks Good.

Okay since you guys were waiting to see it skinned I spent the day working on the rear spoiler ...I ended up using .050" 4130 steel, it added more weight than I wanted but not enough that the lid wouldn't stay up on it's own, I'll adjust the hinge springs later to help it out a llittle more. Anyway this thing is sturdy as can be ...I still have to finish off the part where the two frame pieces come together ,that shouldn't take more than 45 minutes but I ran out of time today, total invested time so far is 11 hours but I really expected to be spending 3-4 weeks on this project so It's not that bad of a job. I'm really glad that I stuck with steel and was able to fully weld it to the deck lid . Enjoy

I would have used 4131 steel..... but that's just me... :toothy8: can you tell I cracked the vodka bottle a little early tonight? Looks great...

What about drillin some holes in the top skin....perhaps to hold a beverage or two?

Forget it....I think it alreadys been done

No...had my hands full all day w / house build
tomorrow ...for sure

.......drillin some holes in the top skin....perhaps to hold a beverage or two?
I found 8 cupholders for you.

image.php

Cool build! I normally don't care for a lot of body modifications but I must say yours look great. Dig on seeing these cool threads here on for abodiesonly.com from people like yourself that have the talent and resources to finish a project.

Subscribed:D

Looks great, I love it. Did you think about feathering the spoiler right to the edge of the trunk lid (side to side)? I think that would give it a nice flowing look. Maybe even an oval LED flush 3rd brake light built into the spoiler.

I mocked up a template that feathered to the edges but then I tried this design it gave it a more custom pro mod look. Considered the third brake light and it's still a possibility to add also consideded a back up camera eye. Like I said it's not done so something else could get added....but not subtracted.

I would have used 4131 steel..... but that's just me... :toothy8: can you tell I cracked the vodka bottle a little early tonight? Looks great...

I'm pretty sure 4131 steel doesn't really exist....must have been the Vodka talking. But just in case you were wondering 4130 is better known as "Chromoly" as with all my patch panels and add on's. Nothing but the best for this build. I ordered your RED part today should take a couple weeks I was told.

I'm pretty sure 4131 steel doesn't really exist....must have been the Vodka talking. But just in case you were wondering 4130 is better known as "Chromoly" as with all my patch panels and add on's. Nothing but the best for this build. I ordered your RED part today should take a couple weeks I was told.

tell me what the final bill is and I send you some money............. vodka is delicious

Love it Ross. Build a bolt on version, patent that sucker. Just thinking out loud.:coffee2:

Love it Ross. Build a bolt on version, patent that sucker. Just thinking out loud.:coffee2:
Already considered the pro's and con's while I was creating it. It would be Cool to see a couple of Dusters around with them and know I made them, but on the other hand I want my car to be unique and different and don't want to see other Dusters with them.

I owned a 70 Duster the only thing I never liked about it was the rear of the car. Always thought it needed a spoiler but the only spoiler available was a rather ugly one that attached with sheet metal screws. (definitely not my taste.)

Your spoiler makes it look a hundred times better!

I also like the one Tincup made for his early A Body too, both are subtle and add a lot to the look of the car.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

I owned a 70 Duster the only thing I never liked about it was the rear of the car. Always thought it needed a spoiler but the only spoiler available was a rather ugly one that attached with sheet metal screws. (definitely not my taste.)

Your spoiler makes it look a hundred times better!

I also like the one Tincup made for his early A Body too, both are subtle and add a lot to the look of the car.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

You mean this one ? I had two Dusters in the 80's with them and refused to put one (if you can find a original) on this car, but felt it needed something. So I decided to give it a try, I still might kick the ends out to see how it looks....Thanks for the Compliment.

Attachments

• past cars 010.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 855
  • past cars 013.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 849
Everytime I look at that spoiler, I like it more and more. When I was talking above, I was thinking something like this:

Attachments

• duster%20032.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 853
You mean this one ? I had two Dusters in the 80's with them and refused to put one (if you can find a original) on this car, but felt it needed something. So I decided to give it a try, I still might kick the ends out to see how it looks....Thanks for the Compliment.

Yeah, that's the one. Never really liked them, the screws made it look like an afterthought.

Thanks for finding the pics.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

-
Back