73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
left at 4am.....by you guys around 6am.....

left hot rod shop w/ big glass of tea ....2pm
2 pis stops...back to Findlay to eat w/ in-laws by 6pm

life on the "glory trial"

I think he decided to focus on work rather than posting.[/QUOTE

That's one the things I like about John .....he's always spot on. I am doing a lot of little things I feel aren't pic worthy. I started feeling I was boring people with all the little things I was doing.

I started feeling I was boring people with all the little things I was doing.

Ya, I almost deleted my subsrciption because it was so boring!!!! Are you kidding? I would look forward to checking it everyday to see what was new. Keep up the great work.

I realize that people like to see paint and shiny things and someday I'll be at that stage...but for now its just alot of mock up and fab work. Yesterday it took me over 2 hours just to mount the billet gas pedal that matches my custom made brake arm which I have to redo for personnel taste and oyher modifications needed. I'll post some pics later.

Ya, I almost deleted my subsrciption because it was so boring!!!! Are you kidding? I would look forward to checking it everyday to see what was new. Keep up the great work.

Here ya go, this the weekend progress. I mounted the new gas pedal (yes its Oval), installed the Wilwood proportioning valve, I welded the 5/16" nuts to the side panel hidden out of sight and also mounted the line lock inside the car to hide everything, I still need to run the lines through the firewall also fabbed a cable pass through for the floor shifter to keep the cable angle correct without bends as soon .As soon as the seats arrive and get mounted I'll be able to weld all the brackets into final position...

Attachments

• duster 019.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 991
  • duster 010.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 991
  • duster 011.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 988
  • duster 012.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 977
  • duster 002.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 963
  • duster 009.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 964
I also changed my mind on the rear spoiler, I was going to scrap the idea but I will regret that decision later if I don't at least give it a try so I bought some 1/4" round solid bar and started mocking it up and laying it out. This was actually very easy so far but I have to skin it yet and add some more support bars. I was pushing and pulling the car around by the framework so it's super strong after I get it skinned with 18 gauge steel will be as strong as any other panel on the car. I didnt want a flat spoiler across the back so it has the same curve as the rear panel and hopefully will resemble a mini Pro Mod look instead of a stand up Camaro style.

Attachments

• duster 003.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 957
  • duster 007.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 949
  • duster 006.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 978
  • duster 004.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 975
  • duster 008.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 980
  • duster 017.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 980
  • duster 016.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 1,004
  • duster 021.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 957
I also changed my mind on the rear spoiler, I was going to scrap the idea but I will regret that decision later if I don't at least give it a try so I bought some 1/4" round solid bar and started mocking it up and laying it out. This was actually very easy so far but I have to skin it yet and add some more support bars. I was pushing and pulling the car around by the framework so it's super strong after I get it skinned with 18 gauge steel will be as strong as any other panel on the car. I didnt want a flat spoiler across the back so it has the same curve as the rear panel and hopefully will resemble a mini Pro Mod look instead of a stand up Camaro style.

:thumblef: but you already knew I liked it!

Looks sweet, love all the one off fab work your doing. Really sets it apart from the pack.

Thanks...If I'll be parking next to the Hemi boys some day I need all the little one off's I can get being just a small block guy.

Boring is one thing your car has none of Ross. It's good to see you are progressing. Very clean work Wondering where ya been If anyone is bored with your car. well. I'm not going to say that out loud. Keep it coming.:coffee2:

Thanks...If I'll be parking next to the Hemi boys some day I need all the little one off's I can get being a small block guy.

My prediction is .......... First time out at the "big show" it will get in a magazine. Just to many cool things going on with it!

Okay, Boring might have been the wrong word to use ......to me most Welding tasks & bracket fabricating and are very uneventful things. Kind of like watching paint dry.

looks great....but you know me...I'm into the PURE stock...factory original!

My prediction is .......... First time out at the "big show" it will get in a magazine. Just to many cool things going on with it!

If the mags had their heads on straight...instead of cruisen the car shows, they would be cruisen these build sites and doing features on cars like this in the build/fab stage......but that might take some....actual work.

one of my favoite articles was a Camaro build in Popular Hot Rodding a decade ago.....seen tons of done and shiney since, but that BUILD stands out.

If the mags had their heads on straight...instead of cruisen the car shows, they would be cruisen these build sites and doing features on cars like this in the build/fab stage......but that might take some....actual work.

one of my favoite articles was a Camaro build in Popular Hot Rodding a decade ago.....seen tons of done and shiney since, but that BUILD stands out.

Maybe the Magazines can start putting the E-mail address link to the build when there telling all about it, regardless of the Make or Model there are lots of people on lots of sites showcasing there work. Theres lots of quality builds out there if you look.

Ross,
how did the hot sauce go over, or you using it to clean your welds?
Andrew

I have been using it sparingly for certain things and also I'm saving a jar for the nationals as promised, to share with them there Hemiboys, it has a great smell and taste but damn is it hot......thanks again

You talking about 'Bad Penny' the Copper '68 Camaro? If so it was a bad *** car.

I have been using it sparingly for some things and am saving a jar for the nationals as promised to share with then there Hemiboys, it has a great smell and taste but damn is it hot......thanks again

Hope you save some for the grillin at the Nata....as long as they don't give me gas!!

-
Back