73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Jim, How is the Demon running? whats the lastest on the e-body hunt?

Demon running good....maybe go to the Ultimate Car Cruise tomorrow ?????

Savoy is gone, delivered to the WalMart across from the hotel in Reynoldsburg on Saturday. Only broke two propellers getting there .... man did it rain out and back.

The e-body search going slow...especially with all of the cash that is now in the slush fund...

Demon running good....maybe go to the Ultimate Car Cruise tomorrow ?????

Savoy is gone, delivered to the WalMart across from the hotel in Reynoldsburg on Saturday. Only broke two propellers getting there .... man did it rain out and back.

The e-body search going slow...especially with all of the cash that is now in the slush fund...

Ultimate car cruise??

Bill....take it with a grain a salt:
http://www.carcruises.com/ultimate-cruise/

Not what it is put up to be but a nice little cruise. 2, 3, or even 4 of us go....it doubles what is there. The guy (Vito) that runs the Car Cruises online has this cruise on Wednesday nights. http://www.carcruises.com

I'd like to make it out to this cruise sometime this year. I thought about going tonight, but other things got in the way.

Maybe we should all plan to go out next Wednesday night.

so ive seen on other threads that progress is baing made. any updates??

Lets see...416 Stroker parts and block are at Compu-flow, Edelbrock heads are getting stage II port work. The dash is getting wired, seats are getting customized and covered. The bodywork is moving the right direction and the secret one off project is almost complete.......other than that not much going on. Sorry no pics to share yet.

Howdy Ross. Thought you forgot about us. Good to hear things are progressing. Hope all is well. Looking forward to pics.:coffee2:

Thanks,
It seems like I'm in the paying for stuff part of the build. Most of the custom fabrication work is behind me now...although I have some interior and engine custom stuff still to make...bring on the Billet aluminum stuff....I did scrape up these boring body work pics to add.

Attachments

• duster 001.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,287
  • duster 006.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 1,260
  • duster 009.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,685
is it sad that seeing that makes me happy?

I know it makes me happy seeing the progress...its funny that I made so many suttle modifications that I forgot half of them until the body guy reminds me. Once painted, most people will never notice.

I went to get the front and rear seats today...I had the front seats modified and removed the shoulder wings (see first pic) and look more "factory" and they also made a matching rear seat built around the modified seat frames to fit around the wheel tubs. Once I took these pics I realized that the rear looked and felt much better than the Off shore made front Cipher seats, The rear suede stitching was much more distinct and gave the seat a more two tone look (looks purple in the pics but its not). So I took the fronts back so they could re-do the center suede section with the better material and improve the look and quality of the seats. A custom made headliner and door panels are also in the works...

Attachments

• duster 040.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 1,161
  • duster 039.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 1,126
  • duster 038.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 1,089
  • duster 031.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 1,148
  • duster 029.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,109
  • duster 025.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 1,087
  • duster 036.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 1,142
  • duster 034.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 1,115
  • duster%20017.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,158
Not really, just a modern twist on an old school system, kinda like your stock coffee getter.

I went to get the front and rear seats today...I had the front seats modified and removed the shoulder wings (see first pic) and look more "factory" and they also made a matching rear seat built around the modified seat frames to fit around the wheel tubs. Once I took these pics I realized that the rear looked and felt much better than the Off shore made front Cipher seats, The rear suede stitching was much more distinct and gave the seat a more two tone look (looks purple in the pics but its not). So I took the fronts back so they could re-do the center suede section with the better material and improve the look and quality of the seats. A custom made headliner and door panels are also in the works...

Looks great! :thumblef: I know your going to have a hangover when you read this!

Looks great! :thumblef: I know your going to have a hangover when you read this!

You are so right....I'm still feeling the effects. A few too many of these last night, but at only $3.00 each I just couldn't resist. The good news is I didn't have any "Thank You for your order" e-mails this morning .

Attachments

• martini 017.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 1,064
You are so right....I'm still feeling the effects. A few too many of these last night, but at only $3.00 each I just couldn't resist. The good news is I didn't have any "Thank You for your order" e-mails this morning .

should of just left off the p.......lushhhhh

how's your ride lookin these days?

I don't really know, last time I went to look at it was October 30th. I'm waiting on some special parts for the car to get finished up and then take them to the car which should be in a week or so.

I don't really know, last time I went to look at it was October 30th. I'm waiting on some special parts for the car to get finished up and then take them to the car which should be in a week or so.

Happy Thanksgiving boys.......... I'm gratful for my family, friends and Walter P. Chrysler

I decided to work on the Dash insert, I wanted to be able to remove the gauges/electrical switches easily so I got a 12 pin plug from Painless wiring but quickly realized that all those cool switch relays were going to take up alot of room and there was no clean area to mount them, so I made a 1/8" aluminum plate and welded it to the gauge insert. I also started making the gauge harness for the 12 pin plug...I hate wiring ,but doing it on a bench is so much easier than upside inside the car.... I also picked up a Mezerie HD 42GPH water pump. I've heard lots of stories, mostly good if done right but there are some bad stories about cooling a street car with an electric water pump, so I'll give it a try. Of course, I'll be modifying it to acccept a heater hose port and maybe a by-pass.

Attachments

• duster 012.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,007
  • duster 039.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,005
  • duster 025.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 1,006
  • duster 036.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,018
  • duster 034.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 1,022
  • duster 031.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,019
  • duster 011.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 1,013
I decided to work on the Dash insert, I wanted to be able to remove the gauges/electrical switches easily so I got a 12 pin plug from Painless wiring but quickly realized that all those cool switch relays were going to take up alot of room and there was no clean area to mount them, so I made a 1/8" aluminum plate and welded it to the gauge insert. I also started making the gauge harness for the 12 pin plug...I hate wiring ,but doing it on a bench is so much easier than upside inside the car.... I also picked up a Mezerie HD 42GPH water pump. I've heard lots of stories, mostly good if done right but there are some bad stories about cooling a street car with an electric water pump, so I'll give it a try. Of course, I'll be modifying it to acccept a heater hose port and maybe a by-pass.

I'm always amazed .... tonight is no different. I'm looking into the Isis wiring system for the Demon. I have to purchase a new ralley dash harness and a new engine harness so the cost of the Isis system wouldnt be much more.......

-
Back