73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Thank You. I fully understand now. I was thinking hmmm Headlights is usually all the lights at once, but I see what you did so that the markers and tail lights etc are on one switch and headlights by themselves. I will need to pick up those pigtails. Are you using anything for the turn signal lights on the dash or just eliminating that? Example: Factory had the gauge cluster with left and right arrows I believe. And whats your opinion on moving the ignition switch to the gauge panel, not push button but fully so that the key switch is on the panel?

Mike,
I have the Gauge panel drilled for the turn signals and high beam between the Speedometer and Tachometer but haven't gotten to installing anything there yet, I planned on just adding green (turn Signal) and Blue (high beam) L.E.D's to fill the holes.....but that could always change

attachment.php

Looks great. Thank You and Can't wait till this comes together. Did you ever decide on a color? I remember you "thought" about that mustang Orange/yellow

Looks great. Thank You and Can't wait till this comes together. Did you ever decide on a color? I remember you "thought" about that mustang Orange/yellow

Here's what I gave the painter for colors ...I love high impact colors but a really nice Black(ish) on Black is hard to beat too. The Matte Black is for a partial hood black out with a viper red pinstripe seprtating the two.

attachment.php

Are you doing the mate black up the side of the car and around the 1/4 window? Im really interested in this now haha.

Are you doing the mate black up the side of the car and around the 1/4 window? Im really interested in this now haha.

Probally not, it looks great but is a little over done...I've been trying to grab inspitation from some of the Ring Brothers paint schemes on this one. I have a Quality painter who does alot of Custom Bikes and am going to try to utilize all his talent.

Probally not, it looks great but is a little over done...I've been trying to grab inspitation from some of the Ring Brothers paint schemes on this one. I have a Quality painter who does alot of Custom Bikes and am going to try to utilize all his talent.

Is there an estimated date for paint to be done?

Is there an estimated date for paint to be done?

If Ring brothers, you mean this"
http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/04-ring-brothers-producer-mustang.jpg

or
http://bangshift.com/blog/cool-or-not-the-ring-brothers-dragon-1970-mustang.html
AWESOME

December......something like that first one just not a typical blackout

Ahh Dec., mine is suppose to be painted in the next week or two. Im trying to look for a better idea to matte it out and make it different also.

Here's what I gave the painter for colors ...I love high impact colors but a really nice Black(ish) on Black is hard to beat too. The Matte Black is for a partial hood black out with a viper red pinstripe seprtating the two.

attachment.php

this looks familiar ...... but with flake......... :thumblef:

Hey! I thought I was missing a gallon of paint!
Looks just like what Im using except a touch more purple in the flake.
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000159.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 1,053
Ross, that dash is Killer. Awesome work. You've got to be happy with the car gone to paint. I'm looking forward to progress pics. I like the color choice.:coffee2:

That's one nice looking car......... I should have said "no" flake. Mine is going to be flat black/black/red with red interior.

It's actually a very dark grey called granite pearl, no flake. But looks black in the shade. Put it next to a true Black car and the difference is obvious.

Thank You. I fully understand now. I was thinking hmmm Headlights is usually all the lights at once, but I see what you did so that the markers and tail lights etc are on one switch and headlights by themselves. I will need to pick up those pigtails. Are you using anything for the turn signal lights on the dash or just eliminating that? Example: Factory had the gauge cluster with left and right arrows I believe. And whats your opinion on moving the ignition switch to the gauge panel, not push button but fully so that the key switch is on the panel?

Mike ,
Heres a pic of the back side of the dash with the pigtails installed on the billet buttons. I really would recommend getting them.

Attachments

• duster 008.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,016
  • duster 011.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 997
  • duster 015.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 1,043
Awesome work as usual Ross, you never cease to amaze us!!! :prayer:

Thanks Rod, stay tuned though......I have a mod in the works that might just be a game changer. I just want to get the bugs and details worked out before it's revealed.

Thanks Rod, stay tuned though......I have a mod in the works that might just be a game changer. I just want to get the bugs and details worked out before it's revealed.

Game changer??? Are you putting a Ford emblem on the front to match your oval theme?

Game changer??? Are you putting a Ford emblem on the front to match your oval theme?

No, that would almost as bad as dropping a Chevy engine between the fenders.... This is just a unique part that will make the car stand out and add a little Wow factor. Plus HemiMark gave it two thumbs up.

-
Back