73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Seats are looking sharp. Dash is just awesome. Can't imagine that you wouldn't want to wire that upside down in the car. Is the plan to have home for the holidays still on schedule? :coffee2:

I'm always amazed .... tonight is no different. I'm looking into the Isis wiring system for the Demon. I have to purchase a new ralley dash harness and a new engine harness so the cost of the Isis system wouldnt be much more.......

I've heard good and bad on the ISIS system.....Google some reviews before you $$$$$$. I'm probally going with Keep it Clean wiring harness....since I get a 30% discount. Thanks for the support.

looks awsome....and very functional
Thats my goal....looks and functional...Thanks

Looks great! That's a lot of relays, so glad I'm avoiding all that mess.

??????? What ya going with, since your on the High Tech side of things ?

Seats are looking sharp. Dash is just awesome. Can't imagine that you wouldn't want to wire that upside down in the car. Is the plan to have home for the holidays still on schedule? :coffee2:

Thanks, someday it will all come together ....Just talked to the painter, he's getting ready to start spraying some primer.....I'm really thinking January or Febuary though by the time he paints everything (undercarriage, trunk compartment, interior cabin with Raptor spray liner...ect)

Good to see things are moving along. I know what you mean about forgetting some of the custom touches- for us it is just part of the car now!

Have a great holiday Ross, I hope to have some good updates by the end of the year as well.

??????? What ya going with, since your on the High Tech side of things ?

I'm an ISIS guy. It's $$$$ but it's completely worth the investment.

Actually I'm combining ISIS with MiMod HP which includes 10" touch screen LCD for all switching functions, AM/FM/CD/DVD/GPS, air suspension operation, TPS, bluetooth/handsfree calling, cruise control, back-up camera, HVAC, twin 7" LCD panels for gauges, all screens custom designed, etc. Even more $$$$ but will be freaking amazing.

I'm always amazed .... tonight is no different. I'm looking into the Isis wiring system for the Demon. I have to purchase a new ralley dash harness and a new engine harness so the cost of the Isis system wouldnt be much more.......

Go for it!!! You won't regret it. ISIS is great stuff, their support is incredible, they've had a few hiccups early on but they work hard to resolve any issues anybody has. They are seeing time in all different forms of motorsports and they stand behind their stuff. They've been nothing but great to me and I haven't even installed anything yet.

Go for it!!! You won't regret it. ISIS is great stuff, their support is incredible, they've had a few hiccups early on but they work hard to resolve any issues anybody has. They are seeing time in all different forms of motorsports and they stand behind their stuff. They've been nothing but great to me and I haven't even installed anything yet.

Can I make it work with factory gauges and switches?

Wow, I just watched the video on the ISIS website....now ya got me thinking...all those relays would be gone and all the programming options I could dream up plus several levels of anti-theft. I know your question was directed to Swisswill but... as far as working with factory gauges, I dont see why not, its got a wire going to the circut board.

Ross, Those seats look so much better without the shoulder wings.

I like the dash setup. Gauges look nice. Now you are starting to get into my specialty...Wiring. Most builders hate it. It really isn't that tough, but I've spent alot of years doing it.

Mark asked me about the ISIS stuff. I've never had my hands on it, but I know the concept, and have watched videos about it. The main theory behind it is to simplify a vehicle's wiring install, and make it diagnosable for someone who does not know the ins and outs of 12VDC Electronics. It is not necessarily needed to build a car, but for what Mark told me the cost replacement harnesses are, he's already halfway there.

In my experience, most people are terrified when they see more than two wires LOL.

Ross, Tod,

It is something I'm going to be looking into further. I'm leaning towards Isis. I knew once you (Ross) starting looking into it may just change your mind! Tod.........keep studying!

Ross, Tod,

It is something I'm going to be looking into further. I'm leaning towards Isis. I knew once you (Ross) starting looking into it may just change your mind! Tod.........keep studying!

I have to agree with tod, since I'm starting from scratch and have the gauges wired already into the 12 pin harness, running the front and rear harness wont be overly difficult........ I think. There are some real nice features with the ISIS like soft start fans, but we will have to see, I cant get over the cost yet..let me drink on it.

Ross, Those seats look so much better without the shoulder wings.

I like the dash setup. Gauges look nice. Now you are starting to get into my specialty...Wiring. Most builders hate it. It really isn't that tough, but I've spent alot of years doing it.

Mark asked me about the ISIS stuff. I've never had my hands on it, but I know the concept, and have watched videos about it. The main theory behind it is to simplify a vehicle's wiring install, and make it diagnosable for someone who does not know the ins and outs of 12VDC Electronics. It is not necessarily needed to build a car, but for what Mark told me the cost replacement harnesses are, he's already halfway there.

In my experience, most people are terrified when they see more than two wires LOL.

Thanks for the compliments.....

Here's a better pic of the gauge wiring harness....did I mention I have a GPS speedometer interface, its really cool, it's always calibrated regardless of tire size or gear ratio...

Attachments

• duster 002.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 1,527
  • duster 005.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 972
  • M48090568.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 947
I love the speedo idea!

You mean that GPS Autometer thing right ? Cause I could post pics from my other speedo thing when I went to Punta Cana a few years back...but I don't think I should post pics of that.\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/

You mean that GPS Autometer thing right ? Cause I could post pics from my other speedo thing when I went to Punta Cana a few years back...but I don't think I should post pics of that.\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/

save the Punta Cana pics for another night, yes the Autometer set up!

Absolutely! Very easy to do. The switches will be grounded rather than having 12volts run to it. The normal "power" wire will be run to ground, then the opposing positive is run to the mastercell. Cake walk, done & done. For gauges, the only difference is where the power comes from. Signal for gauges is still from their traditional source. ISIS also offers a kit to simplify wiring gauges, though I personally don't think it's all that necessary.

If you can get away from the price disparity, in my opinion, ISIS really does revolutionize wiring of cars, particularly old cars. On pro-touring.com, the discussion of cost has come up and ISIS came on saying to connect with them when ready and they'll be sure to take care of us. I can vouch for that since I just purchased the remaining components of my system. Contact Jay Harris there and tell him I sent you. I don't know if it will get you very far but I set up the first group buy with them and we sold almost 50 units and they've been great to the guys on pt.com. A great group of car guys at ISIS who provide incredible service for their product. Never hurts to contact them.

-
Back