73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Absolutely! Very easy to do. The switches will be grounded rather than having 12volts run to it. The normal "power" wire will be run to ground, then the opposing positive is run to the mastercell. Cake walk, done & done. For gauges, the only difference is where the power comes from. Signal for gauges is still from their traditional source. ISIS also offers a kit to simplify wiring gauges, though I personally don't think it's all that necessary.

If you can get away from the price disparity, in my opinion, ISIS really does revolutionize wiring of cars, particularly old cars. On pro-touring.com, the discussion of cost has come up and ISIS came on saying to connect with them when ready and they'll be sure to take care of us. I can vouch for that since I just purchased the remaining components of my system. Contact Jay Harris there and tell him I sent you. I don't know if it will get you very far but I set up the first group buy with them and we sold almost 50 units and they've been great to the guys on pt.com. A great group of car guys at ISIS who provide incredible service for their product. Never hurts to contact them.

I first thought since I didn't have all the power options like air conditioning, Power windows, Power locks or a modern drive line the ISIS would be over kill but after researching it more and thinking about all the electronics I will have like Electric Fuel pump, dual cooling fans, LED lights, push button start, upgraded ignition, electric water pump and then all the options that ISIS offers for those functions like soft start fans, delayed headlights, engine fan cool down..I think it might be the way to go.

I first thought since I didn't have all the power options like air conditioning, Power windows, Power locks or a modern drive line the ISIS would be over kill but after researching it more and thinking about all the electronics I will have like Electric Fuel pump, dual cooling fans, LED lights, push button start, upgraded ignition, electric water pump and then all the options that ISIS offers for those functions like soft start fans, delayed headlights, engine fan cool down..I think it might be the way to go.

Let me know what your going to do. Maybe we can get a better price buying 2. I did some research last night on all new wiring for the Demon , bumper to bumper was 700.00................

Let me know what your going to do. Maybe we can get a better price buying 2. I did some research last night on all new wiring for the Demon , bumper to bumper was 700.00................

At this point of the build I guess it's not worth trying to cheap out on the wiring to save a couple bucks...I mean what would be the cost difference if I burn up a relay or blow a fuse and on one of the vital systems and either have to get a tow or even worse brake, burn or blow up something, none of those electrical components are cheap to replace.

At this point of the build I guess it's not worth trying to cheap out on the wiring to save a couple bucks...I mean what would be the cost difference if I burn up a relay or blow a fuse and on one of the vital systems and either have to get a tow or even worse brake, burn or blow up something, none of those electrical components are cheap to replace.

So your going with Isis?

Probally possibly...Sorry but with everything else getting done for the car thats really not my first, second or third priority until the car comes back from paint.

I'm leaning toward the factory wiring. I have ZERO trick electrical things happening! LOL

How I have never seen this thread, I'll never know! This is awesome. It will take me a few days to get through it, but it's an inspiration!

Thanks Judge...I hope you enjoy the thread so far, theres alot of one step forward and two steps back throughout the past couple years. I'm still on the fence on some future additions but overall I have a clear final vision .. but that could change tomorrow.:hello2::hello2::hello2:

I can't read this whole thread all at once.

It makes me very emotional because I can't reach my beer supply from here.

I can't read this whole thread all at once.

It makes me very emotional because I can't reach my beer supply from here.

Don't they sell that stuff in 6 or 12 packs ? Take more than one beer to the computer.:drinkers::drinkers:

Like anything else good and strong......this stuff is better taken in moderation.

I thought it was the American way of life to over indulge in everything we do...thats why we have a 30 something percent Obesity rate and spend way to much $$$$$$ on Chinese Christmas toys. Althought spending it on our cars are OK. So if you want to take a couple beers at a time to the ol' computer, no one here will judge you.:drinkers::drinkers::drinkers:

Okay after talking to several wiring harness makers I have decided to go with a Painless wiring 12 circuit Pro Street/Street Legal Race car kit part # 50002, I really wanted to with the ISIS system but I already have a push button start kit and all the relays are installed. The cost difference is huge $ 387 (Painless) compared to $1500 (ISIS) plus I like the pro street kit since it specifically has labeled fuse block and wiring that are for Electric fans, Electric fuel pump and Electric water pump all things that I will be running and are fused appropriately. Sorry to disappoint all the ISIS supporters (HemiMark and Swisswill) but I just couldn't justify it. Also talked to Mezerie and came up with a unique way to still run my heater without adding a port to thier housing....looks like I'll be adding another AN fitting to the Radiator, stay tuned for pics on that one.

Attachments

• 50002.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 916
No disappointment here, you gotta do what's right for you. ISIS and MiMod are it for me, that's all. Good luck with the Painless, I've heard theya re all but... Hopefully it goes well for you.

No disappointment here, you gotta do what's right for you. ISIS and MiMod are it for me, that's all. Good luck with the Painless, I've heard theya re all but... Hopefully it goes well for you.

I've read mixed reviews on different forums, and taking them with a grain of salt...I mean it's just wiring and each one is marked to where it goes...regardless of who's kit it is where's the difficultity from one to the other. I'm not looking forward to wiring but it really can't be rocket science. And since I'm starting without any factory components to tie into I think and hope all goes smooth. Hopefully I can give a good review once I'm done. I can't wait till you start on the Dart again...looking forward to the progress and pics, incredible work.:thumbrig::thumbrig:

I've read mixed reviews on different forums, and taking them with a grain of salt...I mean it's just wiring and each one is marked to where it goes...regardless of who's kit it is where's the difficultity from one to the other. I'm not looking forward to wiring but it really can't be rocket science. And since I'm starting without any factory components to tie into I think and hope all goes smooth. Hopefully I can give a good review once I'm done. I can't wait till you start on the Dart again...looking forward to the progress and pics, incredible work.:thumbrig::thumbrig:

just don't ask Andrew (Blue Missile) about "wiring/rocket science"

I'm not looking forward to wiring either. I closed on the rentals and the farm yesterday and spent the entire day on my Kabota!

Farm !!!!!! That means you could host a summer car show, "Mopars on the farm" or "Field of Hemi's"(and friend's). Heck in a couple of years it could be bigger than the Nats, I'm sure the grass would be cut shorter.

on wiring:

i specialize in that. do quite a few full custom hharnesses a year.

ive used all major manufacturers except isis.

the thing with painless verses similar kits, is their wire has more strands of smaller diameter, and their insulation is tougher and more flexible. they also include some wires that arent included in other kits, like ground wires, etc. very nice quality, but due to their fuseblock design, you have liited routing options and mounting options. little more cumbersome to work with than others, but better quality.

with your build, and they way that you seem to think, as well as the style you seem to be going after, id expect you to want to do a fully hidden wiring setup. best kit for that is a ron francis kit, as YOU make all the connections to the fuse bblock wire by wire, circuit by circuit. much easier kit to "tuck". only problem is their fuse panel is HUGE. no problem if you want to mount it in the trunk, but under the dash of an a-body, its going to be pretty tight.

im making a WAG on your wiring harness preferences, as im not one of the hemi family, so im not privilege to the top secret planning sessions.

if youre looking for a guy to do wiring, or need more suggestions, ask away.

Michael

...since I'm starting without any factory components to tie into I think and hope all goes smooth.

This could be the key. Most of the reviews I have read, I think, were guys retrofitting them in with stock switches, gauges, etc. Starting with a relatively clean slate and new everything might just make everything simpler. I'm actually looking forward to wiring, and programming, one of the things I"m most excited about. Hope it goes well!

Okay after talking to several wiring harness makers I have decided to go with a Painless wiring 12 circuit Pro Street/Street Legal Race car kit part # 50002, I really wanted to with the ISIS system but I already have a push button start kit and all the relays are installed. The cost difference is huge $ 387 (Painless) compared to $1500 (ISIS) plus I like the pro street kit since it specifically has labeled fuse block and wiring that are for Electric fans, Electric fuel pump and Electric water pump all things that I will be running and are fused appropriately. Sorry to disappoint all the ISIS supporters (HemiMark and Swisswill) but I just couldn't justify it. Also talked to Mezerie and came up with a unique way to still run my heater without adding a port to thier housing....looks like I'll be adding another AN fitting to the Radiator, stay tuned for pics on that one.

Get the kit that I and abodyjoe have...American autowire.. I have the highway series 15 and he has the highway 22.

I agree! American Autowire is better quality all around! I can get you a kit at Dealer cost. Pm me if interested? - Josh

-
Back