73 Duster build named Fred

-
Man, I am slacking on this build thread.

Still waiting for the heads and intake to get shipped back from CFM Performance. In the meantime, installed some tow strap attach points up front (can't really see it in the picture but they are welded on as well) to match what I got in the rear, and started playing with ride height again. Cant wait for the heads to get here so I can do more meaningful work on this thing.... lol

Also, saying goodbye to the Super Stock. It's been fun and I will miss it but got a new motorhome coming and I had to give up something.

tempImage4b9Nej.png

tempImageDvm3rc.png

Still waiting for the heads and intake to get shipped back from CFM Performance. In the meantime, installed some tow strap attach points up front (can't really see it in the picture but they are welded on as well) to match what I got in the rear, and started playing with ride height again. Cant wait for the heads to get here so I can do more meaningful work on this thing.... lol

Also, saying goodbye to the Super Stock. It's been fun and I will miss it but got a new motorhome coming and I had to give up something.

View attachment 1716212771

View attachment 1716212772
Slacker, do you even do stuff bro!!!! Lol

Is that qa1 k member lighter than a stock k member ? By how much

Perfect use for the sway bar mounts!!!

And big thanks to @Jeremiah (jd) for the weight info! Will be pinching pennies for one of these now to help offset the weight of the hard block full fill:BangHead:

As mentioned, the Super Stock is going to a new home and I hope to have the new Brawler Hauler home this weekend. This should make going on roadtrips to races much easier…. Especially on my back. lol

IMG_2485.jpeg

IMG_2489.jpeg

As mentioned, the Super Stock is going to a new home and I hope to have the new Brawler Hauler home this weekend. This should make going on roadtrips to races much easier…. Especially on my back. lol

View attachment 1716213466

View attachment 1716213467

You will love having that at the track. My ford was my worst for towing but it was a 1991 with a ford 460 engine. It sounded like a vacuum sweeper and was such a dog.

You will love having that at the track. My ford was my worst for towing but it was a 1991 with a ford 460 engine. It sounded like a vacuum sweeper and was such a dog.
This one has the "newer" 7.3 v8 which I am told is better than the previously offered v10 which was junk. Hopefully my research is correct. I would prefer a bigger diesel rig but not really ready for anything like that yet. Maybe I will upgrade in a couple of years to a toterhome and stacker. lol

Dang you goin all fancy on us now! Congrats
Don't know about that....lol

The challenge now is to find an all aluminum enclosed like the one I used to have. This thing doesn't have much tow capacity (only 8000#) for a typical enclosed.

This one has the "newer" 7.3 v8 which I am told is better than the previously offered v10 which was junk. Hopefully my research is correct. I would prefer a bigger diesel rig but not really ready for anything like that yet. Maybe I will upgrade in a couple of years to a toterhome and stacker. lol

These newer engines are power houses. My 2003 has a fuel
Injected 454 and tows like a bandit. Then they now have a bigger gas engine than that.

Don't know about that....lol

The challenge now is to find an all aluminum enclosed like the one I used to have. This thing doesn't have much tow capacity (only 8000#) for a typical enclosed.
8000 should be enough for an aluminum box and the duster. It may not like hills so much but it’ll get there.

-
Back